Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure order served on Limerick takeaway

• 17-02-2013 3:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/closure-order-served-on-limerick-takeaway-1-4776936
    A TAKEAWAY in Thomondgate was forced to close for two days last month after the HSE served it with a closure notice.

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has confirmed that The House Pizza, Shelbourne Terrace, Thomondgate was ordered to close on January 24, last and that the order was lifted two days later.

The closure order was issued under the provisions of the FSAI Act, 1998.

The FSAI says six other premises across the country were ordered to closed during January and that one prohibition order was issued.

Has anyone here got grub from there? I've got food from there a couple of times but certainly won't be going there again. Old habits die hard.

Bit of a disgrace really, it not hard to keep a clean shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 molly1507

I went through the question boards ON HOW TO POST A THREAD since I don't have the new thread option & my account has been disabled!

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how someone with no no claims bonus due to being out of the country ! Can get a decent quoate!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

molly1507 wrote: »
    I went through the question boards ON HOW TO POST A THREAD since I don't have the new thread option & my account has been disabled!

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how someone with no no claims bonus due to being out of the country ! Can get a decent quoate!

Wut? :confused: Find the forum you want to post in, then press the "New Thread" button. It's very straight-forward. Your account quite obviously hasn't been disabled...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

@molly1507, did you work in the chipper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Whaaaaaaa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Ah, remember back in the day when phone lines would occasionally get crossed and you could hear someone else's conversation, it seems this is a crossed thread. Follow the light Molly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

grenache wrote: »
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/closure-order-served-on-limerick-takeaway-1-4776936

Has anyone here got grub from there? I've got food from there a couple of times but certainly won't be going there again. Old habits die hard.

Bit of a disgrace really, it not hard to keep a clean shop.

Would be interesting to know exactly way it failed inspection and how bad can it be if the closure order was lifted after 2 days?
    I'm sure people won't be rushing back for pizza.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

pity, the kebabs in there are lovely.
    wonder what the problem was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

aman23 wrote: »

Who knows but if you review the list they actually closed down their own HSE Canteen as well(run by outsourced company but still).

http://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... The House Pizza ...

Was I the only one who did a double-take at the name? :)

In no way am I inferring anything about the reason for their closure order, I just thought the name of the establishment was eyebrow-raising given recent events...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

funnily enough this chipper has the best reviews on just-eat in whole Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

aman23 wrote: »
    +1 Great kebab often stopped on the way out to Thomond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Could be something as simple as not labelling something properly, area stickers being in the wrong place or storing something improperly. They closed a Supermacs once for the same amount of time for not labelling a bucket of sausages - they were fresh and they were being used the same day they were delivered but thems the rules and they shut it down until they were happy that everything was labelled correctly and that all staff were retrained. I wouldn't be too worried really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Safer to stay at home and cook your own burgers from the likes of Tesco

Advertisement