Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I become a Ruby on Rails Developer

Options
  • 17-02-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey, this Ruby on Rails is fantastic, excellent. It took me only a week to learn it. See how?
    First I read the book 'Head first Rails' 2 times.
    Next I read the book 'Beginning rails, from novice to professional 2010 edition' 1 time.
    Next, I read the online tutorial, ruby on rails by 'Michael heartl' 2 times.
    Next, I read and used some plugins from railcasts.com.
    Next, I did some chapters from 'agile web development using rails' by pragmatic bookshelf.
    Next I referred the site 'ruby-toolbox' and i used some plugins.
    Now I become proficient in Rails.
    If anybody has a job please inform me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's one thing to read books and do tutorials and listen to videos/podcasts but how did you apply the knowledge, did you build anything with what you learned?

Employers want to see more effort than reading books, they want blog posts, side project sites etc.

I'm not knocking what you've done so far, don't get me wrong you've done well so far, but I don't think you'll get a job just by reading the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Ah now surely this isn't serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Ah now surely this isn't serious?
    Dont know,but i read the op 3 time and i'm still not sure:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Bro, do you even FizzBuzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

My brain hurts trying to parse the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks