Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RaboDirectPRO12 Race to Playoffs 2012/13

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Oval would never be allowed to host such a game. It's restricted massively and isn't much more than a glorified bomb crater.

The only alternative in Belfast would be Casement Park and they won't allow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

awec wrote: »
    The Oval would never be allowed to host such a game. It's restricted massively and isn't much more than a glorified bomb crater.

The only alternative in Belfast would be Casement Park and they won't allow it.

Is it that bad? From looking at pictures it reminds me a lot of the Bradford Bulls' home ground

Yes, Glentoran are planning to leave the stadium as it isn't viable for them anymore.

Yes, Glentoran are planning to leave the stadium as it isn't viable for them anymore.

Ah right, strikes me as being similar enough to Dalymount I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Munster
    It'll have to be Lansdowne Road really. The schedule there is clear, itll be in rugby setup after the HEC, Rabo will love the exposure and theyd probably get 40,000 at it, especially after both sides miss out on the big enchillada.

Just reviewing the run-in, has to be Scarlets nailed on to get 4th place now, Ospreys have to play Leinster and Glasgow and Scarlets have the comparatively easy Cardiff and Treviso. Its very much in Leinsters interests to thump Ospreys at the RDS in Round 22, although as usual those buggers will be well rested having had a typically rubbish European campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It'll have to be Lansdowne Road really. The schedule there is clear, itll be in rugby setup after the HEC, Rabo will love the exposure and theyd probably get 40,000 at it, especially after both sides miss out on the big enchillada.

Just reviewing the run-in, has to be Scarlets nailed on to get 4th place now, Ospreys have to play Leinster and Glasgow and Scarlets have the comparatively easy Cardiff and Treviso. Its very much in Leinsters interests to thump Ospreys at the RDS in Round 22, although as usual those buggers will be well rested having had a typically rubbish European campaign!

I'll still be cheering the Ospreys on this weekend. Should they win and should we beat Zebre that will put anywhere from 4 to 6 points between us going into the last round.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11384.php

"Ulster Rugby has today nominated the RDS in Dublin as its 'home' venue for a potential RaboDirect PRO12 Final on Saturday, 25 May."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Munster
    http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11384.php

"Ulster Rugby has today nominated the RDS in Dublin as its 'home' venue for a potential RaboDirect PRO12 Final on Saturday, 25 May."

:eek:

Leinster fans must be feeling like a pig in s*** today. Here is hoping Ulster fans don't do what Quins fans did and actually go to the game making it enough of a fortress so not to give Leinster an advantage. All on the proviso they make it of course ;)

I presume the tickets wouldn't go on general sale like ticketmaster then if it happened? Ulster to sell them on their own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Last year the grand final tickets for Leinster went to your season ticket account, buy your own seat and no more and if not bought by x date, its goes to a public pile.

18500 seater

12-13k Leinster season ticket holders first 9000+ and thats it

First come first served for your 50/50 split

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ulster and Leinster will each sell half and presumably only to their STHs.

Won't be enough tickets for every STH though. Which could be unpleasant.

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ulster and Leinster will each sell half and presumably only to their STHs.

Won't be enough tickets for every STH though. Which could be unpleasant.
    All the more reason why any all irish final should be punted over to the Aviva.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is there any way if it was an Ulster V Leinster final that they could use the Aviva? Or now that Ulster have picked RDS as their 'home' final venue that's that?

They'd be moving it to the Aviva on two week's notice, which I think would be unfeasible.

All the more reason why any all irish final should be punted over to the Aviva.

It wont be unfortunately.

The weather last May, the players on show, the possibility of a double. I would have imagined Leinster alone would have sold the Aviva for the final easily maybe more.

I think it would be a real shame for an Ulster Leinster final to be played at the RDS.

Not because I dislike the RDS, but because I think such a fixture would be yet another rugby spectacle in Dublin this year and if it's in the RDS there will be a lot of disappointed ticketless fans.

Oh yeah , it will be 50/50 with probably 500 or so less for corporate sponsors
    so 9000 each I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

There were loads of tickets around for last year's final, think I remember a good bit of space on the North/South Stands too.

Think the lack of marketing time would put paid to a possible Aviva final.

Will Leinster increase the capacity for the final? Think we've done that before to up around 21,000.

There were loads of tickets around for last year's final, think I remember a good bit of space on the North/South Stands too.

Will Leinster increase the capacity for the final? Think we've done that before to up around 21,000.

Clermont home QF 2010 extra seats where the TV's were afaik

Probably wont happen.

This is true, though Leinster also had a slightly bigger final in London the week before so people would have spent a lot travelling to that. That won't be the case this time around.

• Advertisement

ssaye wrote: »
    Clermont home QF 2010 extra seats where the TV's were afaik

Probably wont happen.

Didn't they do it for the first Ospreys final too?

Didn't they do it for the first Ospreys final too?

Could be right just remember the first time cause it was new, too many games since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

If I was an Ulster fan I'd be gutted over it. Especially after all the hard work they've done this season. Having said that, it is what is, and Ravenhill won't be done in time... I guess jacothelad you should've borrowed that hard hat n shovel I was offering! ;)

Some irritating individual on facebook keeps calling Ulster narrow minded for not using one of the Ulster GAA grounds.

I despair! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

If they are moving it to Dublin why not have it in The Aviva? More of a neutral ground than the RDS if Leinster make it.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    If they are moving it to Dublin why not have it in The Aviva? More of a neutral ground than the RDS if Leinster make it.

Ulsters decision, they may see that Leinster haven't won at home in a grand final so its not a huge issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ulsters decision, they may see that Leinster haven't won at home in a grand final so its not a huge issue.

Ouch!

pc7 wrote: »
    Ouch!

I am a Leinster STH but just am being honest.

Would love to win the league home or away.

I am a Leinster STH but just am being honest.

Would love to win the league home or away.

Lost in textation, I should have put one of these in after it ;)
    I've a good feeling for this year.

Munster
    Where would Glasgow host their game if they finished top seeds and won the semi final?

Parkhead and Ibrox are a bit big?

its_phil wrote: »
    Where would Glasgow host their game if they finished top seeds and won the semi final?

Parkhead and Ibrox are a bit big?

Sure aren't the Scots well used to seeing Hampden half empty for matches :pac:

• Advertisement

Munster
    P_1 wrote: »
    Sure aren't the Scots well used to seeing Hampden half empty for matches :pac:

They'd probably have it as a warm up game to one of Celtics games. Pre-Match entertainment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Munster
    If we can host a regular season league game against munster in the aviva and do a decent job at filling it, I reckon we can host a league final there. I just laugh at the dent taking 30k ulster fans would do the NI economy. The stormont government must be cursing not getting their act together sooner with ravenhill.

Only logical thing to do for the Leinster branch is to nominate Lansdowne as their 'home' venue. The ground should still be set up for rugby and I don't think there are any football friendlies scheduled for that weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ospreys
    Going into tomorrow:

Ulster 76
    Glasgow 72
    Leinster 68
    Ospreys 62
    Scarlets 62

with Zebre vs Leinster and Scarlets vs Cardiff to come.

Another impressive result for Glasgow tonight!

Scarlets get a BP win tomorrow and they're almost guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Munster
    Ospreys never got over losing the first three games of the season, and Munster will rue those sloppy home defeats in Musgrave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Munster
    Ospreys' loss means Leinster officially clinch a playoff spot.

Ospreys
    Scarlets 10-6 Cardiff at halftime

Ospreys
    Scarlets 24-6 up now, 15 minutes left to get the bonus point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

No bonus point for the Scarlets, finished 24-6

• Advertisement

Ospreys
    Ulster 76 (16 wins, +205)
    Glasgow 72 ( 15 wins, +200)
    Leinster 68 (15 wins, +162)
    Scarlets 66 (15 wins, +54)
    Ospreys 62 (14 wins, +147)

3.5. If two or more Teams finish with the same number of league points, their placings will be determined by the following criteria in descending order:

• number of matches won;
    • the difference between points for and points against;
    • the number of tries scored;
    • the most points scored;
    • the difference between tries for and tries against;
    • the fewest number of red cards received;
    • the fewest number of yellow cards received.

Ospreys
    TOP 5 AFTER ROUND 21:
    Ulster 76 (16 wins, +205)
    Leinster 73 (16 wins, +181)
    Glasgow 72 ( 15 wins, +200)
    Scarlets 66 (15 wins, +54)
    Ospreys 62 (14 wins, +147)

3.5. If two or more Teams finish with the same number of league points, their placings will be determined by the following criteria in descending order:

• number of matches won;
    • the difference between points for and points against;
    • the number of tries scored;
    • the most points scored;
    • the difference between tries for and tries against;
    • the fewest number of red cards received;
    • the fewest number of yellow cards received.

Final weekend of fixtures (to be simultaneously played on Fri 3 May 7:45pm):
    Connacht vs Glasgow
    Edinburgh vs Dragons
    Leinster vs Ospreys
    Scarlets vs Treviso
    Ulster vs Cardiff Blues
    Zebre vs Munster

As it stands Ulster, Leinster and Glasgow have all qualified for the playoffs.

Glasgow will have to finish with superior league points to Ulster or Leinster in order to finish above either, since both Irish teams have 16 wins while Glasgow have 15.

Any win for Leinster will guarantee a home semi-final, while two points will do for Ulster. Scarlets will need two points to be absolutely sure of a playoff spot, since Ospreys have one more win and a superior points difference.

Playoffs will be Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow IMO.

Ospreys
    Playoffs will be Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow IMO.

I think all the top four will win their games alright.

I think all the top four will win their games alright.
    What's your prediction for the final, as a neutral who can make such predictions without tempting the gods of scuddery?

Ospreys
    What's your prediction for the final, as a neutral who can make such predictions without tempting the gods of scuddery?

Neil Francis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Ospreys

If all four win next week and we end up with Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow, you'd have to back an All-Irish final.

Could be a busy couple of weeks for Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ospreys
    If all four win next week and we end up with Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow, you'd have to back an All-Irish final.

Could be a busy couple of weeks for Leinster.

Could have two finals, two weeks running, in the RDS....I'm afraid to think about that but whatever happens, we have a few great weeks of rugby coming up. Terrific end of season.

Win against the Ospreys and Leinster won't be leaving the RDS for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

It was not their decision... There is more behind it than you and we all think.

Advertisement