Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Swansea 3 p.m not on tv

• 17-02-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭

My first match thread, am on mobile so excuse the lack of crests etc..:pac:

Liverpool take on swansea, manager brendan rodgers old team for the third time this season today at anfield. The last league meeting was a nil all draw, fairly dull game, earlier in the season the sides met in the league cup where swansea ran out convincing 3-1 winners that night. The match was scheduled for next weekend with the rest but seeing as swansea will be playing the in the league cup final that weekend the game was rescedules to this weekend, and will be liverpools 3rd game in 6 days.
    Swansea have 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in their last 5 will liverpool have no wins in 5 in some good and some not so good performances.

Liverpool will be without as always kelly(knee) and usual number 2 brad jones (shoulder), sturridge will be fit to play, new boy coutinho could also feature.
    Likely line up

reina
    Johnson-carragher-agger-enrique
    lucas
    gerrard--henderson
    Suarez----sturridge---downing

Coutinho can play in behind the striker or wide left as far as i know, the formation mightent be as such but one would imagine that will be the starting eleven

Im not too sure about swansea and their line up, obviously michu is the big threat and liverpools defence is getting less convincing by each passing game.

Swansea are on good form and are off to wembley next weekend so the sky is the limit for them, liverpool are in a spot of bother and likely fairly fatigued at this stage, swansea at 5/1 / 9/2 looks a good price to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Would be our best win of the season thus far, which is quite depressing.

Sturridge if fit looks good odds at 6/4 to score anytime(betfair)

Suarez is evens for the same bet btw

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

i'm not sure i have any optimism left in me at this stage. i shall watch this game in hope more than expectation. it's weeks like the last one as a liverpool fan that make me wish i could hibernate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Having Sturridge back is definitely a boost. I'm not confident though.

Liverpool team bus hijacked

The-Gallery-Liverpool-010.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liverpool team for today: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nil all or one nil to Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

monkey9 wrote: »
    Nil all or one nil to Swansea.

I think 1-0 to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Rumoured team.

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

Reina
    Johnson - Agger - Carrager - Enrique
    Lucas - Gerrard
    Sturridge - Henderson - Coutinho
    Suarez

Looks like the formation to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool should absolutely get stuck into Swansea with a few heavy tackles. I'm not talking about trying to injure anybody. Just let Swansea know they're in a game and see how committed their players are with the League Cup final coming up next week.

But i just can't shake the feeling that this will be the usual non tv, Sunday 3pm KO after a thursday night match Anfield experience that fades into disappointment.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He's 1 yard from the line. It's hardly "incredible" is it?

amiable wrote: »
    I think 1-0 to Liverpool

But don't we have to concede 2? It must be written into the players contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He's 1 yard from the line. It's hardly "incredible" is it?

Training ground goal of the season contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not confident about today at all folks. Feel our depressing slump may well continue.

Thankfully Sturridge is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

:(
    jethro081 wrote: »
    i'm not sure i have any optimism left in me at this stage. i shall watch this game in hope more than expectation. it's weeks like the last one as a liverpool fan that make me wish i could hibernate.
    Until when? Next season or some undefined time in the future when we may be compeditive again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Inconsistency is our game, so we will win today I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The cup final must be on their minds hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

niallo27 wrote: »
    The cup final must be on their minds hopefully.
    I hope in a way it isn't and they put everything into it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Confirmed:

@LFC: TEAM NEWS v Swansea: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge, Suarez #LFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very attacking and only one defender on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

4-1 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Downing definitely knows something about Rodgers that Rodgers does not want the world to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why did we waste 15 squillion on Joe Allen if we cant even play him against Swansea? The one team he might actually have an advantage against? Yet Hendo and Downing are the ones being linked with the door?

That said, I'm delighted he's not playing. Hopefully a good win to get our confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

CSF wrote: »
    Downing definitely knows something about Rodgers that Rodgers does not want the world to know.

I think he deserves his place lately. Who would you have instead of him.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Confirmed:

@LFC: TEAM NEWS v Swansea: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge, Suarez #LFC

Reina
    Johnson - Agger - Carragher - Enrique
    Lucas - Gerrard
    --- Downing - Coutinho - Suarez
    Sturridge

I have always said that Coutinho was brought into this club to fill the number 10 role, not to be shunted out on the wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

5live wrote: »
    :(
    Until when? Next season or some undefined time in the future when we may be compeditive again?

next season. then i can wake up for a couple of months, see how we are doing,, and if it's still the same old sh1te, i can just go back to bed for a few months. i'd like to use this technique to make the wait for the new george rr martin books easier as well.

any budding scientists amongst ye would earn my thanks if ye perfected technology to let me do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Swans: Vorm, tiendalli, Bartley, monk (c), Davies, britton, agustien, de guzman, hernandez, lamah, shechter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

He does in his hole.

Henderson should be in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sterling maybe. How Downing has avoided being sold is another question though. 3 or 4 decent performances shouldn't wipe out the general turdish standard of his Liverpool performances.

I'm not a Liverpool fan btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

CSF wrote: »

Downing has been alright lately, apparently hendo isint 100%. Swansea fielding a weakened team

Swans: Vorm, tiendalli, Bartley, monk (c), Davies, britton, agustien, de guzman, hernandez, lamah, shechter.

Swansea B team. If we don't win this the superthread will explode. And rightfully so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Seems like a weak team to put out. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

lads if we cant beat that swansea line up we may as well pack it in, very weak team they have out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Super-Rush wrote: »

He does in his hole.

Henderson should be in there.
    I think I read on a facebook thing that Hendo is sick ( well not 100%) and wont be able for the full game.
    I assume he's on the bench just incase

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He must be resting players for the League Cup final. Strange enough as it's a whole 7 days away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't get why Swansea would rest players when their big game is a week away. :S How long will it be between their last and next game then?

If we don't beat that Swansea team with home advantage then we might as well give up.

Liverpool Subs: Gulacsi, Skrtel, Henderson, Shelvey, Sterling, Allen, Borini.

for a team with Swanseas history and lack of success it doesnt surprise me, cup final will be so huge for them

• Advertisement

If we don't beat that Swansea team with home advantage then we might as well give up.

A lot of those players will want to prove a point in order to start next week. This won't be easy, not in our current form anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Surely Swansea can expect a fine for making so many changes and clearly playing a weakened team??

Also, fairly sure Coutinho will play on the left today. He's been locked in conversation with Enrique for a while during the warm up with Enrique pointing a lot and generally looking like he's giving instructions.

they still have 5 regular starters so not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ManOnFire wrote: »
    for a team with Swanseas history and lack of success it doesnt surprise me, cup final will be so huge for them

Thinking the same myself. Nothing really to play for in mid table, and a real chance of a cup win and Europa qualification next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Surely Swansea can expect a fine for making so many changes and clearly playing a weakened team??

That's what I was thinking. Didn't somebody get a fine like that a few years back? Was it Ian Holloway at Blackpool for fielding a weakened team against United? Stupid fine anyway, especially when faced with the fact that teams do this multiple times a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

That's what I was thinking. Didn't somebody get a fine like that a few years back? Was it Ian Holloway at Blackpool for fielding a weakened team against United? Stupid fine anyway, especially when faced with the fact that teams do this multiple times a season.

Think it was Mick McCarthy away to Man Utd?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, think it was Wolves.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Think it was Mick McCarthy away to Man Utd?

ya that was for making ten changes i think, swansea have six i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bit of a jokeworthy team selection from Laudrup, the final is against a league 2 team and a week away.

McCarthy was only fined because he admitted he didn't field his strongest team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement