Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Swansea 3 p.m not on tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rodgers desciples are on the march again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Safe to say we won 't be seeing LuckyLloyd for awhile :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Interesting stat
    No team has beaten Swansea more times today than Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

oh no sky and others cant use that stupid top 10 stat any more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Grayditch wrote: »
    Henderson has played some sweet passes since he came on.

Did he? I remember about 5mins after he came on Borini in space crying out for the ball and Hendo playing a safe sideways ball when a through ball was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Interesting stat
    No team has beaten Swansea more times today than Liverpool

You've used that one before Toby!

Still a gem though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

what was the score in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Didn't see the game today - great Liverpool performance or seriously weakened Swansea team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ardent wrote: »
    Didn't see the game today - great Liverpool performance or seriously weakened Swansea team?

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Great result. Shame if Fabio is gonna be sidelined again. Really unlucky with injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Also I don't want to hear any **** about them fielding a weakened team that's the top 10 thing off our back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'am looking forward to match of the day 2 tonight .

JJJJNR wrote: »
    what was the score in the end.
    Liverpool V
    Swansea Nulla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Goals from the game:

Gerrard:
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/steven-gerrard-liverpool-v-swansea/

Coutinho:
    ibqq8gC2UknhXq.gif

Enrique:
    i2Awal7BeRpHM.gif

Suarez:
    iorNnghS06ICW.gif

Sturridge:
    iNNkaqRbetU2I.gif

I'am looking forward to match of the day 2 tonight .

The highlights are 88 mins long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Hardly a stupid stat, maybe it's just because you didn't like it?

Very good play from Liverpool today and some great finishes but it'd be hard to take too much from it given the nature of the Swansea line up. Sturridge makes a big difference, the whole team looks a lot more potent when he plays. Coutinho looked good as well, it'll be interesting to see how he does between now and the end of the season. Unfortunate injury for Borini, what a miserable start to his career there.

Blatter wrote: »
    Hardly a stupid stat, maybe it's just because you didn't like it?

Very good play from Liverpool today and some great finishes but it'd be hard to take too much from it given the nature of the Swansea line up. Sturridge makes a big difference, the whole team looks a lot more potent when he plays. Coutinho looked good as well, it'll be interesting to see how he does between now and the end of the season. Unfortunate injury for Borini, what a miserable start to his career there.

No as it can change as teams in the top 10 change.

As has been pointed out before they beat other teams that were in the 10 ten this season but are no longer there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did he? I remember about 5mins after he came on Borini in space crying out for the ball and Hendo playing a safe sideways ball when a through ball was on.

He played 3 fantastic passes of note, two to Sturridge, which allowed him to shoot, and one to Johnson for a run. I think he did well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What's stupid about it? It highlighted Liverpools struggles against the better teams fairly well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

class performance today, have to beat the 11 in front of you...

Suarez and Sturridge are a class act up front together..Coutinhio looked sharp too and his positioning, pace and finish was class for his goal. Downing had a good game also and put in some great crosses in which we should have scored from.

The two full backs were deadly going forward today. The build up and linkage for Enriques goal was superb - 5 one touch passes... sublime!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Clutching at stats......good performance.

No as it can change as teams in the top 10 change.

As has been pointed out before they beat other teams that were in the 10 ten this season but are no longer there

Well I presume when it was stated a lot recently, it was referring to the current top 10.

The top 10 at this stage of the season is generally more settled and a decent indicator of 'the best 10 teams' in the league. And if you hadn't beaten any of them before today (and even today it was a much weakened side), it was/is a meaningful stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Also I don't want to hear any **** about them fielding a weakened team that's the top 10 thing off our back.

Swansea are in the top 10.

Swansea 'B' are not.

We beat the latter today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers desciples are on the march again!

Damn straight!!! And i'm gonna be carrying a framed photograph of Rodgers as i march!

Blatter wrote: »
    Well I presume when it was stated a lot recently, it was referring to the current top 10.

The top 10 at this stage of the season is generally more settled and a decent indicator of 'the best 10 teams' in the league. And if you hadn't beaten any of them before today (and even today it was a much weakened side), it was/is a meaningful stat.

If West Ham had of beat Villa last week stat would have been ruined then as West Ham would be back in the top 10.

West Ham were above Liverpool in the top 10 in December when Liverpool beat them 3-2 when they dropped out all this top 10 stuff was people talking about in Sky and papers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

monkey9 wrote: »
    Damn straight!!! And i'm gonna be carrying a framed photograph of Rodgers as i march!

I want to be in that number when Rodgers desciples go marchin in!

If West Ham had of beat Villa last week stat would have been ruined then as West Ham would be back in the top 10.

West Ham were above Liverpool in the top 10 in December when Liverpool beat them 3-2 when they dropped out all this top 10 stuff was people talking about in Sky and papers

The fact that West Ham aren't a top 10 team right now would illustrate my point that the current top 10 is more reflective of the 'best 10'.

I wouldn't be getting hung up on it either way. It's only mentioned to illustrate how Liverpool have really struggled to beat the better sides this season, something I don't think anyone can argue with.

Anyway I don't want to drag this discussion on any further, enjoy your win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Would be our best win of the season thus far, which is quite depressing.

Easiest win weve ever had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Suarez is just different class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Swansea are in the top 10.

Swansea 'B' are not.

We beat the latter today.

Swansea are Swansea. They are in the top 10 and we beat them.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Easiest win weve ever had

Well, the team we were due to play weren't picked.

The stat, when mentioned was they haven't beaten any team IN the top 10 not any team who has been in the top 10 at some stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The stat, when mentioned was they haven't beaten any team IN the top 10 not any team who has been in the top 10 at some stage of the season.

west ham were in the top ten when we played and beat them.

alas though,i find myself agreeing with lloyd here. much and all as i enjoyed that game, the goals, and the performance, we can't really go mad on it, cos that swansea eleven would get them relegated if it played every week. they were dire. but you can only beat what's in front of you, so i'm going to enjoy it all the same.

jethro081 wrote: »

west ham were in the top ten when we played and beat them.

alas though,i find myself agreeing with lloyd here. much and all as i enjoyed that game, the goals, and the performance, we can't really go mad on it, cos that swansea eleven would get them relegated if it played every week. they were dire. but you can only beat what's in front of you, so i'm going to enjoy it all the same.
    Yea and the stat couldn't have been used then but since then the stat was perfectly valid until today. If Swansea were to drop out of the top 10 and Liverpool didn't beat any other top 10 team it could be used again.
    What are people not getting?

Yea and the stat couldn't have been used then but since then the stat was perfectly valid until today. If Swansea were to drop out of the top 10 and Liverpool didn't beat any other top 10 team it could be used again.

Your bizarre logic

Your bizarre logic
    Nothing bizarre about it at all. For the last number of weeks Liverpool had not beaten a top 10 side. Just because West Ham were in the top 10 early doors doesn't mean a thing if they're not there when the stat is mentioned.

Nothing bizarre about it at all. For the last number of weeks Liverpool had not beaten a top 10 side. Just because West Ham were in the top 10 early doors doesn't mean a thing if they're not there when the stat is mentioned.

If West Ham were in the top ten when we beat them, how can a stat exist this morning that we've yet to beat a top ten team this season?

If West Ham were in the top ten when we beat them, how can a stat exist this morning that we've yet to beat a top ten team this season?

Because the league table this morning did not contain a team in the top ten that we'd beat. Real simple stuff.

I'm assuming the stat is "yet to beat a team occupying the current top 10"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is a brilliant read.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming the stat is "yet to beat a team occupying the current top 10"

But if the stat is meant to highlight how we struggle against the better teams as you say, surely the fact that we have already beaten a team who were in the top ten at the time is more significant than where they are now?

But if the stat is meant to highlight how we struggle against the better teams as you say, surely the fact that we have already beaten a team who were in the top ten at the time is more significant than where they are now?
    Forget it, you're obviously not getting it.

Aston Villa were second the morning of the first game...

Forget it, you're obviously not getting it.

Aston Villa were second the morning of the first game...

And we've still to beat them as well.

I would forget about it, that stat can only count at the end of the season as the table changes until then.

Sure there is one person in the super thread now going on about not beating anyone above us now

And we've still to beat them as well.
    I know, I'm just saying.

I think people are picking up the stat wrong. It's not beating someone in the top 10 on the day you play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

True but Swansea could be replaced in the top 10 by a team we have already beaten so again the stat would be invalid.

Great win, you can only beat whats in front of you. We have threatened a result like that a few times this season but couldnt close it out.

Pity about Borini, or Fabio Burrito as the commentator on Newstalk called him at one stage. Hope its not serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I think I'd rather a good 'aul net spend argument to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Melion wrote: »
    Anyone taking Lloyd seriously after his showing here really needs their head examined. He's blatantly a troll on the same level as boggles and other greats that we have seen before.

Jeez Melion " You've jumped the fence baby !! "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Is there much difference in what Swansea did with the number of team changes today and what Wolves did a few years back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Renn wrote: »
    Is there much difference in what Swansea did with the number of team changes today and what Wolves did a few years back?

Don't think anyone's that bothered tbh.

Advertisement