Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Diet from DogFoodDirect?

• 17-02-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

Just wondering is anyone using this or knows what it's like? Just found it on their page while searching for stuff about Raw food for cats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just looking at or there it's a bit vague as to what's actually in it?! Like is it just frozen chunks of meat with the bone in?? Or mince - if so what is the mince made up of?! Bit pricey too imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

That's what I was thinking, there's virtually no actual information on it. Doesn't seem too bad price wise in comparison to like Nature's menu but I would definitely want to know what's in it. I'm a bit wary too about it being for cats and dogs, I'd like to try my cats on raw but I don't like how taurine isn't mentioned once despite it saying its for cats as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Head to the butchers! ;) Also Tesco reduce their fish a few evenings a week too so you can get some bargains! I went in for pancakes last week and came home with 5 fish for the dog instead lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I started feeding pre packaged raw for the convenience and always use foodforpet.ie - they are great to deal with and deliver the orders free also.
    I have 3 on it and 100euro order will keep me going for about 3 weeks.

It's not cheap but I do find it worth it - the condition in my dogs is amazing feeding raw. I fed dry food for a while last year and 2 of my dogs lost weight and condition. Now they are back to top condition again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Rommie wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking, there's virtually no actual information on it. Doesn't seem too bad price wise in comparison to like Nature's menu but I would definitely want to know what's in it. I'm a bit wary too about it being for cats and dogs, I'd like to try my cats on raw but I don't like how taurine isn't mentioned once despite it saying its for cats as well.

Cats would need a different diet than dogs, as you know taurine is vital for cats. Have a look at Dr Lisa Pierson's site www.catinfo.org. There's some really good info there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Cats would need a different diet than dogs, as you know taurine is vital for cats. Have a look at Dr Lisa Pierson's site www.catinfo.org. There's some really good info there.

i know that all right but there's so much conflicting information about how its fine as long as you feed heart, but then other sites saying that you have to feed taurine supplements. At the moment I'm thinking of doing a half raw half wet food (obviously a high meat content one) mix to see how they go with it

Advertisement