Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Work For English Speakers

Options
  • 17-02-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am a Mature Irish Student who is currently in his first year of a 2 year course in arts in Hospitality studies. I am considering applying for a 1 year working visa to Honk Kong next year. Obviously I am a bit unsure about working in a country where English is not the native tongue. In work like the Hotel Industry you are really out there in the social sphere of a work environment and communication is everything. On the other hand I am aware that China is fast becoming more westernised and work is plentiful in certain industry,s.

I would very much like information on prospects for English speakers in the Hotel Industry or if anybody has any experience and worked in Hong Kong in this industry I would love to hear feedback on your experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

How is it going, I was looking to get experience in China myself and came accross a hotel called Leisure Inn Yangshuo maybe they are still looking for People but no harm giving them an email there. Also was looking into learning Chinese and was told I could be helped getting a job in the hotel industry by them omeida.org

Advertisement