Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing SMA gold and blue

Options
  • 17-02-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Ok so we have a 7 week old,very soon we realised we had to put him on the hungrier baby one,we still have a lot of the sma gold here thought,would there be any reason why we couldnt put say 3oz of hungrier one and 2oz of the gold together in the same the same bottle,they are both sma milks,other than maybe it might not agree with him which we dont know,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think you should probably ring the SMA advice line (number on side of tin usually) or ask your PHN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It really is not recommended to mix formulas
    You could really run the risk of giving the child incorrect ratio of nutrients

Would you consider selling on closed tins of formula either to some one or on advert maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Personally I wouldn't mix them. When I had my son I had bought a tin of SMA Gold but the nurses started him in Aptamil in the hospital so I never got to use the SMA. I'd lost the receipt so I ended up giving it to a friend of a friend when she had her baby.
    Could you give it to someone? It's hard to waste formula when it is so expensive but I still wouldn't risk mixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I'd imagine its the same as the Aptamil 1 and the number 2 hungry formula and I was told never to mix them as they are digested at different speeds and it's not good for baby.
    But as someone said above give the number on the back of the tub a call :)
    Also, chance your local supermarket. somebody bought me the number 1 food after I had changed to the hungry food and my local supermarket let me swap :)

Advertisement