Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox repair in Waterford

Options
  • 17-02-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

My little lads Xbox is has developed a fault, not the red ring btw.
    It was knocked over and is saying discs need cleaning and only reads them sometimes.
    Anybody reliable in the city repairing them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Nypd wrote: »
    My little lads Xbox is has developed a fault, not the red ring btw.
    It was knocked over and is saying discs need cleaning and only reads them sometimes.
    Anybody reliable in the city repairing them ?

If you have it registered(if not you can still do it),get in contact with Microsoft support and they'll sort you out for free.Usually free repair is valid for 2-3 years(I think) from the registration date of the machine and longer for thr RROD. They'll send a chap around to collect it from you and you'll have it back it a week or 2 . Sounds to me like the disc drive is burning out. Similar thing happened to mine. MS replaced practically everything in it free of charge and worked like a new machine afterwards. Worth noting as well, that if there's a serious enough fault with it they sometimes just send you a new xbox for free.

Lot more info on it over on the xbox forums http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=522.

Better off going down the microsoft road first before having to spend money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Nice one, thanks for the info :)

Advertisement