Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jls scar problem!

• 17-02-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

I recently picked up this gun from nerovad (nice guy and thanks for the gun) but whenever I connect the battery it just fires in full auto without touching the trigger and even when you change the selector switch it still fires and he was saying that its probably the selector plate stuck on full auto? Anybody know what it is? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Haribo1358 wrote: »
    I recently picked up this gun from nerovad (nice guy and thanks for the gun) but whenever I connect the battery it just fires in full auto without touching the trigger and even when you change the selector switch it still fires and he was saying that its probably the selector plate stuck on full auto? Anybody know what it is? Thanks

sounds to me like the contacts are stuck, best thing to do is take the gearbox out, take it apart and re-seat everything, then try again. The gearbox can be a pain to take out of the SCARs because of the ambi-fire controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Haribo1358

Thanks I managed to get the gearbox out but I don't know what to do now? Any one know any videos or articles/manuals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Bj-K_2Rz65o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBj-K_2Rz65o&gl=GB

Haven't looked at it myself but YouTube video of the JLS takedown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

If there was a mosfet installed it could be broken. A broken mosfet caused my M4 to have that same problem before.

Sometimes the trigger block spring can snap with wear and leave the block connected. Also the trigger block can snap in half leaving it connected. (This happens a lot with Systema trigger blocks).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Sometimes the trigger block spring can snap with wear and leave the block connected. Also the trigger block can snap in half leaving it connected. (This happens a lot with Systema trigger blocks).

I agree with Rooky about the trigger block return spring it would be the first place that I would have a look at

Well I have taken the whole gun apart but don't have a clue what to do and thanks rooky I already watched that video but didn't show anything about the gearbox? So I haven't touched the gearbox just took everything apart(except gearbox) and if I can't fix it myself ill bring her up to hobby and thanks for all your help so far

Well I have taken the whole gun apart but don't have a clue what to do and thanks rooky I already watched that video but didn't show anything about the gearbox? So I haven't touched the gearbox just took everything apart(except gearbox) and if I can't fix it myself ill bring her up to hobby and thanks for all your help so far

Where abouts do you live? I'm sure someone near you will have a look at it. If you're close to me I'd look at it no problem. Otherwise drop it up to Hobby like you said :).

Thank will have a look at the vid now and I'm based in kildare

• Advertisement

Thank will have a look at the vid now and I'm based in kildare

if the video doesn't explain anything and you can't get up to a retailer, drop me a PM I'm in Prosperous can have a look at it for you if you're stuck fr options :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Nerovad

How u Haribo, how did u get on with the gun??
    i still cant figure out whats goin on as i had a few shots out of it the day before!!
    it has Never givin an ounce of trouble before!
    anyway.. it has to be something slight.. did u try connecting the battery with the gearbox out to see if its still acting up??
    regards, John.

i didnt get the gun up to hobby yet hope to either tomorrow or whenever really and when you say "did u try connecting the battery with the gearbox out to see if its still acting up??" does it not need the motor to run but once i get it fixed i will be a happy man lol and thanks again john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Nerovad

How ya!! just checking in to see how you're fairin out with the Scar?

got it to hobby on monday and hope to be getting it back soon enough

Advertisement