Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing contacts to new Iphone 5?

• 17-02-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi,

could anyone please tell me how to import contacts from my old meteor samsung galaxy S on to my new three Iphone 5 please. I have tried taking the contacts off the old sim through samsung kies but it wont do it for me. Is there any other way of exporting all my old contacts to my new phone?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not sure but can you back them up to your network account?
    Like,if you are with Vodafone, you can store them on your Vodafone account.
    I can't remember for certain if you can or not though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

subscriber wrote: »
    Hi,

could anyone please tell me how to import contacts from my old meteor samsung galaxy S on to my new three Iphone 5 please. I have tried taking the contacts off the old sim through samsung kies but it wont do it for me. Is there any other way of exporting all my old contacts to my new phone?

Many thanks

Well I think it's a Samsung issue to get them off and on to your computer - so pursue that through Samsung forums imho.

The next step will then be to get them into 'Contacts' on your PC and into the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

on your samsung sync your contacts with your google/gmail account. plug in your iphone then go to itunes and tell itunes to sync your contacts with your google/gmail account. hit sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

on your samsung sync your contacts with your google/gmail account. plug in your iphone then go to itunes and tell itunes to sync your contacts with your google/gmail account. hit sync.
    Might be wrong but I think iTunes only gives yahoo and outlook as options for syncing contacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

guil wrote: »
    Might be wrong but I think iTunes only gives yahoo and outlook as options for syncing contacts

actually, its even easier than i thought.

link

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

guil wrote: »

My iTunes doesn't have yahoo as an option anymore but I can link my contact through the mail app IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Before icloud i used to use exchange to sync my contacts with my gmail account, the hassle i had to save them all as a .vcf and then import that to icloud. Maybe it was just me complicating things but I kept getting a message saying icloud couldn't sync the contacts because they were from my gmail account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

ExcelContacts App is simple way to export all contacts to excel
    Available on iPhone and android as far as I know.
    Simply export to excel from Samsung and import to iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GeorgeAmor

I got my phone number connected too much Google account, but I want to transfer my contacts to a new account.
    Is there any alternative online service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GeorgeAmor

Fine, at last, I did it offline.
    I found a guide via Google, didn't know if you guys have ever tried this.
    How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to iPhone 5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Couldn't you just copy to sim and then import to the iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

It's a long time since I had to do that, but don't sims have a limit on the number of contacts they can store?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Andycmaxwell

You can use a transfer to help you do what you need. iPhone to Android is such a transfer and it can make it happen with high efficiency and 100% security. It supports all models of iPhone/iPad/iPod, like iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod Shuffle and else.

Advertisement