Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost debit card fee

Options
  • 17-02-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

Spent several hours this morning looking for my visa debit card. I couldn't find it so called up BOI to report it lost. Informed me the charge would be €8. I subsequently found the card within 30 minutes of making the call so called them back to let them know I found the card and to see if I could cancel the process of reissuing a new card. No dice. They'll still charge me the fee. Any way of getting out of paying this fee? I'm in the process of buying a house so every penny counts these days for me. :(

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Sure as soon as you reported that card is scrapped in their eyes so it can't be used again.

You will have to suck it up and pay sorry op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi GatsbyGal,

Thanks for posting.

We understand your frustration however, when a card is reported lost or stolen it is cancelled immediately. It's not possible to re-activate a cancelled card on our system so the €8 fee would still apply, as the cancelled card still needs to be replaced.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement