Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon Tea Lyrath

Options
  • 17-02-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been? Thinking of heading over during the week for my grandmothers birthday. Sounds like the kind of thing she'd be into. I can't help thinking I should probably eat before hand though. A few of my friends have gone for afternoon tea in other establishments and said you really don't get what you pay for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Haven't been to lyrath but the afternoon tea in langtons is lovely. Loads of open sandwiches, scones and cream cakes. Definitely wouldn't need to eat first. And they let you bring home what you can't finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I had afternoon tea in the Lyrath and was pretty happy with what I got. Think it was around €25 and we had anough for 3 people. We weren't stuffed or anything, but it was nice. If ye break it down, ye'll never get value for money in an afternoon tea in terms of the actual cost of ingredients, but that's not really the point of the whole thing. Anyhoo, I was happy with the Lyrath. A lot better than one I had in another 5 star Co. Kilkenny hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've not had 'Afternoon Tea' in the Lyrath, but I've had lunch there, and been very happy with it. Me and the OH were both full afterwards. Had to go for a walk of the grounds to help it settle!

Advertisement