Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill

Options
  • 17-02-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi I need to lubricate the belt on my treadmill and I was told I could use DRY FILM lubricant (p.t.f.e. ). Can you tell me if this will be ok

Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi I need to lubricate the belt on my treadmill and I was told I could use DRY FILM lubricant (p.t.f.e. ). Can you tell me if this will be ok

Thanking You

Bog standard silicon is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Hi thanks for your reply, but can you tell me what do you mean by silicone. The only silicone I know is silicone I use for sealing around showers and such. I was told I should use silicone oil but cant track it down where I live. A guy in one of the shops gave me this lubricant instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Halfords, Motor Factor shops, sewing machine shops all sell 100% silicone spray or liquid.
    I'm not sure what dry film lubricant is, but if you are going to use it check with the manufacturer of your treadmill.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Thanks alot for the help. I tried b & q and Wicks and a few motor factors shops but no luck. I will keep serching as i wont chance the dry film .

• Advertisement
Advertisement