Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gareth Bales next move

• 17-02-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭

Will he stay? Will he go?

If I was a betting man he will end up at Man Utd eventually all dependent of course if Spurs do ro do not get UCL qualification. Can't see him being too eager to move abroad. I reckon Fergie would get him for about 40 million and Giggs may have an influence on his decision to go their. Reckon he would suit their style of attacking football down to the ground. What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can't see United spending that sort of money on him. Real Madrid might splash out on him. Maybe Chelsea or City could afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't see Man U spending the type of money they would need to in order to get Bale. Unless they maybe consider selling Rooney to partly fund it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

billyhead wrote: »
    Will he stay? Will he go?

If I was a betting man he will end up at Man Utd eventually all dependent of course if Spurs do ro do not get UCL qualification. Can't see him being too eager to move abroad. I reckon Fergie would get him for about 40 million and Giggs may have an influence on his decision to go their. Reckon he would suit their style of attacking football down to the ground. What do you think?

Have to disagree, when he does move eventually it will be abroad. My money would be on Real Madrid. Levy will do his best not to sell to a team in England also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Hope he leaves England because I can't stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Madrid, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

I don't see Man U spending the type of money they would need to in order to get Bale. Unless they maybe consider selling Rooney to partly fund it.

What about a player/s plus cash deal i.e 20 mil plus Young or nani and anderson?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I can see his next move being to Real Madrid, especially with this "partnership" between the two clubs. They're also one of the few clubs about that he'd go to imo and who could also afford him at the minute.

I definitely wouldn't rule out him coming back to the Premiership a bit after that, no one knows how he would adapt in another league, he's good enough to play there and could be a star but there's many very good players who, for one reason or another, didn't work out at Real. He could very well end up at the likes of Utd in 4-5 years but who knows, it's all hypothetical, certainly don't see them as his next club anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I could be being naive but I would like to consider that the concept of the 'one club man' is still alive. Tottenham are investing in him and basing their squad around him. It would be a shame to see him pack that in for a short term gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Who cares?

The vast majority of football fans I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

P_1 wrote: »
    I could be being naive but I would like to consider that the concept of the 'one club man' is still alive. Tottenham are investing in him and basing their squad around him. It would be a shame to see him pack that in for a short term gain.

He's not a one-club man though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bayern Munich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Has Bale himself (or anybody close to him) indicated any sort of preference with regards his future?

I haven't heard a peep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

P_1 wrote: »

Traditionally most one-club men havent played for 2 clubs already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Paris Saint German, they're going to take over the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Blatter wrote: »
    Has Bale himself (or anybody close to him) indicated any sort of preference with regards his future?

I haven't heard a peep.

They haven't. But then, I don't think that this speculation is unfair, considering how well he is playing. If he continues on like this, Spurs are in for another drawn out transfer saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

It's hard for me to think what top team badly needs a new left winger other than possibly City. He would probably improve Man U as well though.

Would Utd shell out £40 or £50m ? Doubt it.

I'd say Levy will have fun with the bidding war.

Munich would be a good move for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Would Utd shell out £40 or £50m ? Doubt it.

They did shell out £24m and (£200k/week wages) for a 29 year old striker, a position they didn't even really need to strengthen, so I wouldn't rule it out. Especially with all the positive financial news coming out of the club lately.

A lot would depend on Bale himself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Balealdos nxt move will be to spain where he can get a good tan and get close to his idol ronaldo

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    They did shell out £24m and (£200k/week wages) for a 29 year old striker, a position they didn't even really need to strengthen, so I wouldn't rule it out. Especially with all the positive financial news coming out of the club lately.

A lot would depend on Bale himself though.

Maybe, but Bale would possible be near double that.

Massive outlay, probably would be roughly £100m or so with wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Rekop dog wrote: »
    The vast majority of football fans I'd imagine.

English football fans I'd imagine.

Nobody else really cares.

I wouldn't spend so much on him to be honest. He is very good but you can get better value elsewhere. 50 million would be huge for Spurs if they got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

monkey9 wrote: »
    Bayern Munich

Could be a good shout. Ribery will be 30 in April.

Maybe the summer after they'd be looking to replace him.

I'd be surprised if he moves this summer, especially if spuds get CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Why would madrid sign him? Dosent ronaldo play his position? Or can bale play out the right too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Only way Bale is going to Madrid is if Ronaldo leaves imo,can't see both playing to there best in the same team.

I personally see him at Munich where Pep could build around him,it would be a great move for him better than a Madrid move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

klose wrote: »
    Why would madrid sign him? Dosent ronaldo play his position? Or can bale play out the right too.

With the rumblings of him being unhappy, you never know, maybe both himself and Mourinho will be off to PSG in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does anyone else think that maybe all this hype about him isn't warranted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think this season he has stepped up to the plate and improved from last season,he is 23 and going to be aforce for a few years yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Well he has got most of the attributes already i.e pace power shooting ability and he will develop further as he is only 23, he will only get better imo.

• Advertisement

I'd rather Suarez but that's probably for another thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    English football fans I'd imagine.

Nobody else really cares.

I wouldn't spend so much on him to be honest. He is very good but you can get better value elsewhere. 50 million would be huge for Spurs if they got it.

Of course they would care very much like id be interested in where fantastic young talents from other leagues like Isco or Jovetic or Lamella or Belhanda next clubs will be.

There's kind of a trend in this forum of late on the Bale issue where because certain English media outlets are already stupidly comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo that people are going too far the other way and his ability is now being undervalued by some here now. He's very much among the best young players in Europe with a pile of experience for someone so young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd rather Suarez but that's probably for another thread :)
    Biggest diver of the year thread?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Biggest diver of the year thread?

138437-ernie_facepalm_by_ridinrail_super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Not sure he is technically good enough to play in an advanced role for Barca, although he could play left back for them.

Alves is a right full but is practically a right winger.

Real Madrid will no doubt push hard for him.

Terrific prospect, but think he will be found wanting when being considered amongst the games very best players. Not very good in tight spaces and relies on his physicality and is more comfortable with space in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Bayern a good shout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I don't know why people think United would have a problem shelling out big money for a young British player.
    If Fergie wants him and he's available I'm fairly confident there will be involvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

G.K. wrote: »
    Bayern a good shout.

Realistically? I'm not so sure.

United have needed a left footer since Giggs moved into the centre and got older. They've been playing inside out wingers on the left for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If Bayern spend €60m on Bale I'll buy his home, away and alternate Bayern jersey.

Ribery is having a fantastic season and they have Robben who signed a new deal last summer along with Müller & Shaqiri.

German papers are using the daily mail as their main source, so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Bertser wrote: »
    It's hard for me to think what top team badly needs a new left winger other than possibly City. He would probably improve Man U as well though.

To be fair, Barca aside (possibly wouldn't suit such a system and they have a lot of quality), there isn't a team in the world that he wouldn't improve.

My money would be on Real Madrid. One of the few teams who will shell out what will surely be a massive transfer fee.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Not sure he is technically good enough to play in an advanced role for Barca, although he could play left back for them.

Alves is a right full but is practically a right winger.

Real Madrid will no doubt push hard for him.

Terrific prospect, but think he will be found wanting when being considered amongst the games very best players. Not very good in tight spaces and relies on his physicality and is more comfortable with space in front of him.

His LB days are long gone I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Not a chance Bale ends up at Bayern next. I don't think he'll end up at Madrid either. I'd say he'll go to City next.

How much does he have left on his contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Its hard to say where he will go , I'd say spurs will hope it sparks off a bidding war . So they get absoulute top dollar for him .

Not a chance Bale ends up at Bayern next. I don't think he'll end up at Madrid either. I'd say he'll go to City next.

How much does he have left on his contract?

4 years, signed a new contract in July.

Levy is a smart man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Marca have already got him in a Real Madrid jersey for next year, and unfortunately that tends to mean he's on his way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Something about him I just don't like, perhaps its his envious ability that I won't admit to myself. Or maybe its just them people who keep on comparing him to Cristiano f*cking Ronaldo.

carlop wrote: »
    Marca have already got him in a Real Madrid jersey for next year, and unfortunately that tends to mean he's on his way there.

g2812.ad4c4199ef8c299fed9663c623b29445.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

^^^ They will want to revise their estimate.
    He won't be got for €40m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

He won't be going to another English club unless one of two things happen, 1. someone spends ridiculous money on him, or 2. he runs out his contract. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Italy, Milan need serious reinforcements (not quite sure of their financial state however), as do Inter, otherwise Real is his most likely destination, don't see why they would move for him though as it's likely they will have Ronaldo for another few years. Bayern would be a good fit for him if they have the financial power for such a move (which I'm presuming they do). Can't ever see Barca moving for him, as has been stated before he's not very effective in tight spaces, and also, they have an ample supply of wide men.
    TBH, I don't think he'll move this summer, regardless of CL football next season. It'll take a massive fee for Levy to release him, well in excess of the £40 million being touted, which I don't think any club would be foolish enough to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

THFC wrote: »
    He won't be going to another English club unless one of two things happen, 1. someone spends ridiculous money on him, or 2. he runs out his contract. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Italy, Milan need serious reinforcements (not quite sure of their financial state however), as do Inter, otherwise Real is his most likely destination, don't see why they would move for him though as it's likely they will have Ronaldo for another few years. Bayern would be a good fit for him if they have the financial power for such a move (which I'm presuming they do). Can't ever see Barca moving for him, as has been stated before he's not very effective in tight spaces, and also, they have an ample supply of wide men.
    TBH, I don't think he'll move this summer, regardless of CL football next season. It'll take a massive fee for Levy to release him, well in excess of the £40 million being touted, which I don't think any club would be foolish enough to pay.

No Italian club will be able to afford him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

He'll be Atletico's replacement for Falcao. I know Falcao is a striker btw, but he'll be their marque signing. Watch this space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement