Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance - Pre Emigration

Options
  • 17-02-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm planning on emigrating to Australia during the Summer.
    Basically, me health insurance here at home is out this week and wanna renew it but obviously wanna know how much it will cost to cancel it mid year. Can't really get a strait answer from Aviva, they say it's based on some levy doled out pro rata according to time under cover.
    Anyone have experience of this??

Apologies if this question has been asked already, couldn't find it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Nope no experience with that. I do however have experience whit getting the run around. Why dont you ask them to cut the bullsh*t and give you the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kfc1210

Surely if your finishing up with them next week you will have no contract with them as you have spent whatever minimum time they require....
    Is there even time periods anymore? In Oz you pay by the month and can cancel anytime.
    If you pay monthly can you not just cancel it the month before you leave

Advertisement