Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is there to do with the kids in sligo??

• 17-02-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,never been on this before,we're going to sligo this wk end with the kids for two nights and was wondering could anyone recomend things to do, ages are 2,5&9,thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi all,never been on this before,we're going to sligo this wk end with the kids for two nights and was wondering could anyone recomend things to do, ages are 2,5&9,thanks
    First thing is....buy yourself a map as you're posting in the Donegal forum ;)

I'll move this to the Sligo forum where the good people there will no doubt give you some useful ideas and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jonnytorque

thanks. was trying to do that but i've no idea what i'm doing here yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

thanks. was trying to do that but i've no idea what i'm doing here yet!
    You wont be able to move posts or threads yourself but dont worry, you'll soon get the hang of posting/replying etc :)

Welcome to boards

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jonnytorque

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Cinema, indoor play areas (one in Grange, Collooney and I think there's one in town), Sligo golfing, visit the beach, go on a walk around Hazelwood and see the swans and ducks.
    Great kids playgound in Doorly Park, opposite Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

children's book festival coming up: http://themodel.ie/education/early-years-book-festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Gillian's world is great http://www.familyfun.ie/gillighans-world-sligo/
    Eagles flying not sure if its open yet though
    Lough key forest park is great with heaps of things for kids it's about 45min drive from Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Jolly Rogers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

tony007 wrote: »
    Jolly Rogers.

That's been gone for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Walk to the end of Rosses Point beach and play Boats/Pooh Sticks in the shallow river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

magnumlady wrote: »
    That's been gone for years.

That's the joke.

tony007 wrote: »
    That's the joke.

Don't be giving up the day job there Tony.

(Although not really suitable for a 2 year old). If you have a car, drive to The Dooney Rock, park up and walk around the lake.

A nice circular short walk to the left, and another to the right, rising up and around the Dooney Rock itself. Stunning views.

Keep a look out for the wood faeries, if you're lucky you might just catch a glimpse of one....we did once.

http://youtu.be/DcTN1hYY-y0

Advertisement