Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo has lost the flab...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fat Ronaldo...CR7...what the f*ck is it with you and stupid names?

Are you not the one that continually calls the Liverpool boss 'the Rodgers'?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Don't know how anyone could say he's inconsistent, one of the best goals to games ratios you'll see at such a high level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Hulk Hands wrote: »

At least he isnt on RAWK penning love songs about his favourite players (i hope). Was looking at that the other day. Christ on a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    At least he isnt on RAWK penning love songs about his favourite players (i hope). Was looking at that the other day. Christ on a bike

Not a Liverpool thread, this is a Liverpool thread, take to it with all Liverpool based queries, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

He's only 37, I'm sure good aul fergie will stick a bid in for him in the summer.

Always lifts the heart to see someone conquering their weight loss and especially when its a huge talent like Ronaldo was in his prime

1.29........Sublime

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wished a mod with edit the title. Despise when people refer to him as Fat Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I don't remember a striker since that was as unplayable as him at times, I'm not including Messi and Ronaldo as they are not strikers obviously. But he was absolutely phenomenal, players like Falcao and Van Persie still have a fair bit to go before they get to the level he was at. I'd put him on a par with Messi in terms of sheer talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

His hat trick at Old Trafford in 2003 was the finest performance to ever grace a football pitch. The fact the entire stadium gave him a standing ovation when he was substituted was testament to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Big Ronnie was brilliant between about 95 to 98, but he was very inconsistent after he suffered that breakdown at the 98 World Cup. Always injured or not performing to potential; probably couldn't handle the pressure.

CR7 is much more skillful and usually always performs on the big stage. Look at how many goals he's scored year after year in the English & Spainish leagues.

An utterly ridiculous claim that he was inconsistent! How can you say C. Ronaldo has performed better on big stage compared to Brazilian Ronaldo and not take into account international football - is the World Cup still not the biggest tournament on the planet no? :rolleyes:

Cristiano Ronaldo may some day inspire Portugal to win it but as of yet, he hasn't won any major international tournament. If you're comparing club careers then maybe, but there's so many more things to take into account such as injuries or lack of them.

As others have mentioned, Brazilian Ronaldo's club goal-scoring record is unmatched bar freaks like Messi and Cristiano. The fact that he was so prolific with dodgy knees and various injuries, though, just highlighted his genius.

I'll never forget his hat-trick against United in CL Quarter Final when he had a bigger belly on him than he has now. Only player I can recall getting a standing ovation from both sets of fans in such a high stakes game!

62 goals in 98 games for Brazil, officially the greatest goalscorer in World Cup history, came back from an epileptic fit and a whole country on his shoulders in 98 to almost single-handedly win a World Cup in 02 and did it all with a smile on his face. You don't even need to look at all he won with the top clubs in the world: Man's a living legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

jimjamcos wrote: »
    An utterly ridiculous claim that he was inconsistent! How can you say C. Ronaldo has performed better on big stage compared to Brazilian Ronaldo and not take into account international football - is the World Cup still not the biggest tournament on the planet no? :rolleyes:

Cristiano Ronaldo may some day inspire Portugal to win it but as of yet, he hasn't won any major international tournament. If you're comparing club careers then maybe, but there's so many more things to take into account such as injuries or lack of them.

As others have mentioned, Brazilian Ronaldo's club goal-scoring record is unmatched bar freaks like Messi and Cristiano. The fact that he was so prolific with dodgy knees and various injuries, though, just highlighted his genius.

I'll never forget his hat-trick against United in CL Quarter Final when he had a bigger belly on him than he has now. Only player I can recall getting a standing ovation from both sets of fans in such a high stakes game!

62 goals in 98 games for Brazil, officially the greatest goalscorer in World Cup history, came back from an epileptic fit and a whole country on his shoulders in 98 to almost single-handedly win a World Cup in 02 and did it all with a smile on his face. You don't even need to look at all he won with the top clubs in the world: Man's a living legend!

Ronaldinho when he tore Real apart at the Bernabeau. I'm actually glad that Ronaldo can stake his claim as being one of the greats of modern football with having the most goals in world cup history. its unlikely that messi or other ronaldo will break it now(altho with messi who knows, he could score 10 in the next one you never know and then has) so that at least puts ronaldo in the same bracket as cr7 and messi when we talk about footballers from this era.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Ronaldinho when he tore Real apart at the Bernabeau.

Did he really? Remember that game but not that part obviously. Well deserved though! He just did what he wanted that night! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Wished a mod with edit the title. Despise when people refer to him as Fat Ronaldo.

Done.

Advertisement