Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to change username

Options
  • 17-02-2013 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi.

I need to change my username and so subscribed. I also edited my email address though and am having problems with email activation in that I'm not receiving the email...I have checked spam and its not there. I'm getting error 404 when I try to resend. Here's the link https://www.boards.ie/auth/resendVerification?userid=438479

It seems until I sort the email activation I can't access the subscribers section to change my username.:confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes, we need to get your account activated before your name can be changed.

Have you followed these instructions:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056856789

Is that the link that appears in the "request your activation email" link in the announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 misecatherine

Hi. Yes that's the link when I click resend activation email.
    Have not received the mail though and have tried a few times.
    Appreciate any help :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rather than click the link, can you right click and choose copy link location from the announcement window instead? And then paste that here.

http://www.boards.ie/auth/resendverification/438479 on iPad..hope that works? If not can log on PC later....

There's been a few of these links broken recently, so I've alerted the tech staff to check it out. Sorry, but this'll mean a slight delay in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Ok no prob..will check back in a day or so. Thank you.

Hi - just wondering if any update. Still no activation email anyway.

Thanks

No, nothing yet.

Hi - would be great to get this sorted today if possible - would you mind following it up?

Appreciate it.
    Catherine.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Catherine - I had replied to your email on Monday but have just replied to you again there now - hope this helps,

Niamh.

• Advertisement

Catherine, the tech staff have corrected the link in the announcement, so you should be able to use it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement