Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions tickets public sale

Options
  • 17-02-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback as tickets for the Lions go on public sale in a couple of hours.

The ARU website & official Lions websites both say that people in UK/Europe have to go thru the official Lions travel agent but they only do packages - no tickets only deals.

If I have an account with Ticketek, registered to an address in Sydney, will I be able to purchase tickets on on a Netbank debit card but from Ireland? Or will the website pick up that my IP address is outside Australia & block the sale? I am currently back in Ireland taking a break between my WHVs and haven't been able to organise any mates to purchase tickets for me so thinking about trying to purchase them myself - just dont wanna spend the money if I'm not gonna get the tickets.

Any thoughts/comments welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It shouldn't block you, but you can only pay by Visa/Mastercard/AE
    so unless your debit card is visa/mastercard debit

You will need an address to post them to however

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭vill@in

Netbank debit card is Mastercard & address I registered is where I lived before so tickets will be deliverable there. Fingers crossed I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guys I can only see tickets for Melbourne test? Where is the sydney and rebels match tickets???? They don't appear on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Talk about a kick in the teeth. Logged on since 8 this morning to buy a couple of Silver Class tickets.

Once it opened, I got my 2 tickets and went to my wallet for my Credit Card..... No credit card. The missus took it yesterday. Only $200 left on my Dr Card, so instead of 2 good positioned silver tickets, all I was able to buy was a couple of standing tickets.

Absolutely sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Sickened, my head boss walked into the office at 8.45 to discuss a case, so couldnt log on to ticketek with her in the room. Finally got rid of her at 9.05, logged onto ticketek- tickets gone. :mad: Murphys friggin law, havnt seen her in about 4 months before this. Bah!!!!

• Advertisement

Anybody know if the Rebels tickets are sold out????

Had 2 Silver tickets for the Sydney test, and then got kicked out/timed out as I was entering the credit card details! Such a terrible website but got sorted with 1 silver ticket which will have to do. Not ideal to be on my own but hoping it'll be worth it to be there.

Now for the Brisbane test tickets on sale in 8 minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

thats pretty maddening got on at 9.05 and they were all gone. im gutted id imaging the ebay tickets are gona pop up at aobut 400 bucks. they must have sold at least 3/4 of the tickets before today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Personally I think its crazy having the Melbourne game in the Eithad stadium and not the MCG. Good luck to all trying to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Missed out on tickets to the Brisbane test but got some for the Melbourne Test. If anyone wants a swap and needs Melbourne Tickets let me know!

• Advertisement

Anyone know are tickets available from any rugby clubs in Ireland or is it just the official travel agent? Its a pure money racket if tickets are just available with the package deal

I got tickets for Melbourne test and Rebels match. Would love to get tickets for Sydney match. I'm playing rugby here in Melbourne so maybe I still have a chance.

Last of the Lions tour tickets are going on sale today at 10 through ticketek.com.au

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭browne_rob5

statina wrote: »
    Last of the Lions tour tickets are going on sale today at 10 through ticketek.com.au

Are these tickets for the test games?

Yeah, theyre for all games and tests- got an email from australian rugby union last night. Have to be quick though, theyre gonna sell out in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭browne_rob5

statina wrote: »
    Yeah, theyre for all games and tests- got an email from australian rugby union last night. Have to be quick though, theyre gonna sell out in seconds.

Thanks a mill for posting that! Got tickets for the Sydney test!

Delighted, got gold tickets for the Warathas and silver tickets for the Sydney test. Its gonna be some craic! :D

@statina, whoever you are, I owe you a few beers!

By pure chance I logged on to boards, and was surprised to see an old thread of mine reappearing. Hadn't managed to get First Test tickets but thanks to you - I now have! Cheers! Can't wait for this tour...

Got 2 platinum tickets for Sydney test $300 each. Would anybody like to swap tickets my Plantinum for Bronze or Silver tickets (pay me the difference of course)?? Might be a bit too expensive for me. Give that im in Melbourne so I would have to pay for my trip to Sydney, accoummodation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:eek: $300?! Bloody hell, that's steep.

I know the Lions are only here once every 12 years but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Has anyone got their tickets from Ticketmaster for the Melbourne test yet? I booked them months ago but haven't gotten the email with the ticket link to print yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Has anyone got their tickets from Ticketmaster for the Melbourne test yet? I booked them months ago but haven't gotten the email with the ticket link to print yet.

From original confirmation email:

You will receive your tickets via: TicketFast® (Recommended) - The most convenient delivery method. Print your tickets when it suits you. "Please Note: Tickets will not be printed until after 14th May 2013"

Advertisement