Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Tattoo Parlour Poll

• 17-02-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Yes I know this thread (Best tattoo shop in dublin) is out there already but instead of trawling through 6 pages of debate would it be possible to put a bit of structure into the topic by means of a poll?

Personally I am looking to get a tattoo pretty soon but really unsure where to go. I will pay top end for the right job but the question is; where do you go FOR the right job!

If mod wants to merge, no problem. Just feel a more structured/less debate thread would be useful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

No point to it, I'd probably pick a different artist for every different style, in Dublin alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

No point to it, I'd probably pick a different artist for every different style, in Dublin alone.

Really? Where could I find out some solid info mate? Or is that not really possible? :confused:

The names that are gonna be coming up again and again in those best studio in Dublin threads are Snakebite, Zulu, Wildcat Jervis, Skin city, colourworks, whatever shop Remis is in these days etc. Look them up on facebook and go through the portfolios yourself.

What style tattoo are you looking for?

One artist told me last year that at last count there was apparently 65 studios in Dublin alone, so no matter how many you find somebody will have a good word to say about one you've missed :p

The names that are gonna be coming up again and again in those best studio in Dublin threads are Snakebite, Zulu, Wildcat Jervis, Skin city, colourworks, whatever shop Remis is in these days etc. Look them up on facebook and go through the portfolios yourself.

What style tattoo are you looking for?

Just a plain and simple anchor symbol. Straight lines, symmetric etc.

• Advertisement

Any studio could knock something like that out easy enough then. Spilled ink's work is pretty 'solid' http://www.facebook.com/Spilled.Ink.Tattoo.Studio?ref=ts&fref=ts but really something as simple as an anchor any of the studios I named above will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

I'd say pretty much anywhere could handle that well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Haven't seen one of them since the 80's. Should get a 'Mum & Dad' tatt while you're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Haven't seen one of them since the 80's. Should get a 'Mum & Dad' tatt while you're at it.

Please do not be slating anyone's choices, as you wouldn't like them slating yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anywhere should be able to handle that OP. In terms of where the best studio is, well that could all depend on what you are looking for to be honest.

Is price a concern?
    Where are you willing to travel?
    Does how clean a studio is matter to you?

And so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Please do not be slating anyone's choices, as you wouldn't like them slating yours.

I wasn't being sarcastic! :eek:

Ok, I was. Sorry! :o

P_1 wrote: »
    Anywhere should be able to handle that OP. In terms of where the best studio is, well that could all depend on what you are looking for to be honest.

Is price a concern?
    Where are you willing to travel?
    Does how clean a studio is matter to you?

And so on.

Price isn't a concern if its done 100%
    Yes and no, depends. In and around Dublin I would assume there is an adequate amount of parlours to choose from - unless you have any suggestions?
    Obviously cleanliness would be an issue but only to the extent of whats required.

Price isn't a concern if its done 100%
    Yes and no, depends. In and around Dublin I would assume there is an adequate amount of parlours to choose from - unless you have any suggestions?
    Obviously cleanliness would be an issue but only to the extent of whats required.

Well I've got tattoo'd in:
    Wildcat in Stephens Green - Fair price for the work, very clean and very friendly artist and staff.
    Dublin Ink - Slightly overpriced IMO, very clean, very friendly artist, not so friendly staff.
    Connected in Temple Bar - Fair price for the work, clean and very friendly artist and staff.
    Cru on Abbey Street - Fair price for the work, clean and very friendly artist and staff.
    Dragon on Talbot Street (albeit a few years ago at this stage) - Fair price for the work, clean and very friendly artist and staff.

No overriding favourite tbh, but that's my quick summary of how I thought of them. They'd all be within a 15 minute walk of each other so I dunno, maybe pick a day to go into town, go around the studios and have a chat with the artists?

P_1 wrote: »
    Well I've got tattoo'd in:
    Wildcat in Stephens Green - Fair price for the work, very clean and very friendly artist and staff.
    Dublin Ink - Slightly overpriced IMO, very clean, very friendly artist, not so friendly staff.
    Connected in Temple Bar - Fair price for the work, clean and very friendly artist and staff.
    Cru on Abbey Street - Fair price for the work, clean and very friendly artist and staff.
    Dragon on Talbot Street (albeit a few years ago at this stage) - Fair price for the work, clean and very friendly artist and staff.

No overriding favourite tbh, but that's my quick summary of how I thought of them. They'd all be within a 15 minute walk of each other so I dunno, maybe pick a day to go into town, go around the studios and have a chat with the artists?

Thanks for that, on my quest I'll go! :)

Enjoy, it's always better relying on what you see with your own eyes rather than relying on what a bunch of random strangers say on the internet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Endastory7

Hi can anyone recommend a tatto artist for a colourful celtic / book of kells style tattoo? Thanks

Advertisement