Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

city centre private showers?

• 17-02-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 sew_lo

Joined a gym in Jan, complete newbie and looking to change to a gym with PRIVATE showers (I'm a girl.)

Looking for a city centre gym, not criticism of my prudence. Anyone know about flyefit? I know they are opening one soon on baggot st.

Thank you in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

sew_lo wrote: »
    Joined a gym in Jan, complete newbie and looking to change to a gym with PRIVATE showers (I'm a girl.)

Looking for a city centre gym, not criticism of my prudence. Anyone know about flyefit? I know they are opening one soon on baggot st.

Thank you in advance :-)

By private do you mean a completely sectioned off room, or simply a line of showers in a communal room but with a door on each of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sew_lo

Just want to shower without having to be naked in front of others. Apart from that, I'm not that picky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I know Crunch on aston quay...and iveagh fitness have private male showers, i can only presume the ladies facilities are the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

xgtdec wrote: »
    I know Crunch on aston quay...and iveagh fitness have private male showers, i can only presume the ladies facilities are the same!

maybe you should check ...in the name of research :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Do you mean with a curtain rail? Or an actual door? As above, crunch have doors. Most other gyms would have a line of showers with curtain rails; same thing really. You're going to have to get changed in the communal area after anyways though? To be honest, the showers wouldn't be the first thing to concern me when choosing a gym though....definitely wouldn't pick Crunch on account of the showers having doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

OneEscape in Smithfield have showers with doors and a few private changing cubicles if you're very shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just remember

4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Energie on Clarendon St as individual cubicles in the mens anyway. But I would wait to see why flyefit is like if its near you - it will be about 1/3 the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

FFS (Fitter, Faster, Stronger) on Leeson Street have private showers. It isn't exactly a gym though. More class orientated. Would recommend though depending on your goals. Quite good and not overly expensive either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

tcd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

The Ben Dunne beside the Jervis centre has cubicle showers in the men's changing room so I'd imagine the women's changing room would have them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Just pick the best gym for you and then wear a bathing suit in the shower if needed.

DylanJM wrote: »
    The Ben Dunne beside the Jervis centre has cubicle showers in the men's changing room so I'd imagine the women's changing room would have them as well.

Is it any good at all? It would be handy enough for me to go to at lunchtimes maybe
    Mostly just for basic cardio stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is it any good at all? It would be handy enough for me to go to at lunchtimes maybe

its okay for cardio stuff as the first floor is full of treadmills, rowers and cross trainers. The free weight section upstairs is a pain as its over subscribed most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

There's a good amount of cardio machines (treadmills, cross trainers and bikes) so you should be fine even when it's busy. The busiest times are from about 2 or 3 onwards but before that it usually grand. It's only €200 for a years membership so it's quite cheap.

I'm quite sure you can ask to have a look around the gym before you join, so you can get a feel for the place. There's a few pictures of it here as well http://www.bendunnegyms.com/jervisstreet.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Im thinking along the same lines as the OP. I am hoping to join flyefit on Georges St, mainly for classes, does anyone know what the shower situation is like there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Im thinking along the same lines as the OP. I am hoping to join flyefit on Georges St, mainly for classes, does anyone know what the shower situation is like there?

€9 day pass, go in and check :)

Macken street is private stalls, for guys anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd be surprised if any commercial gyms didn't have privacy screens these days

Blast from the past
    What's a cardio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Blast from the past
    What's a cardio

It's Spanish for squats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Hanley wrote: »
    €9 day pass, go in and check :)

Macken street is private stalls, for guys anyway.

swords flyefit has private cubicles for the ladies.
    us chaps were thrown in there one weekend when the painters were in.
    I know how that sounds but it's true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

arayess wrote: »
    swords flyefit has private cubicles for the ladies.
    us chaps were thrown in there one weekend when the painters were in.
    I know how that sounds but it's true

LOLSNORT

Advertisement