Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McLearys Restaurant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

A quick look at the OP's previous posts would indicate that they have nothing to do with mcleary's. Had plenty of opportunities to talk about them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Jesus h Christ can someone not have an opinion!

Isn't that what we're doing? Expressing our opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

7upfree wrote: »
    Isn't that what we're doing? Expressing our opinions?

Accusing me of resenting someones success is hardly an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I'm presuming this comment was a tactic to get away with ignoring your connections to the restaurant and hoping your ignorance would lead the thread a stray.....
    .... quite an odd comment from someone who just called themselves a visitor to Waterford :cool:

That comment was banter lot's of people who aren't Waterford natives know that a portion of Waterford city's citizens are Kilkenny people from the Kilkenny part of the Ferrybank!Now if you have nothing positive to say then just say nothing.:)

Accusing me of resenting someones success is hardly an opinion

Did I specifically say you?;)

• Advertisement

A quick look at the OP's previous posts would indicate that they have nothing to do with mcleary's. Had plenty of opportunities to talk about them before.

It goes to show the ignorance and paranoia of some people that im now accused of being an advertiser for McLearys.That's just proper tinfoil hat stuff.:D

Can i just say if you don't like McLearys then just don't go there however lot's of people do.I have a feeling that the definition of fine dining for some of these cynics is eating snack boxes in the Chick King on a friday night!I never tried Caseys but i must give it a go next time im in Waterford.I can't comment on a restaurant i've never been to.However i did go to McLearys and i had a very enjoyable dining experience there.Are some people put off by friendly service?Do they prefer staff that just nod and grunt like pigs and who are indifferent about the customer?

Did I specifically say you?;)

Who else did you mean specifically?

Who else did you mean specifically?

The minute someone paid a compliment they were accused of working in the fcuking place!

The minute someone paid a compliment they were accused of working in the fcuking place!

So you take a swipe at me ?
    Get a grip guy and read what people type not what you think you see.
    You did not answer who specifically.

• Advertisement

So you take a swipe at me ?
    Get a grip guy and read what people type not what you think you see.
    You did not answer who specifically.

JHC Look at post no. 19. Lighten up.......guy!:D

I have to say that post by someone that accused me of being hired by the owners to say positive things about McLearys restaurant was hilarious.If that's the road were going down well some of ye moaning about the place could be employees from rival restaurants for all i know.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

That comment was banter lot's of people who aren't Waterford natives know that a portion of Waterford city's citizens are Kilkenny people from the Kilkenny part of the Ferrybank!Now if you have nothing positive to say then just say nothing.:)

Ahh Jesus :pac:
    The only comment I made was that Caseys is better in my opinion but thats not positive? So in your mind its a problem if I support one local business over another ... ?hmm...
    I should really find somewhere where people can voice their opinions... Oh Wait!

JHC Look at post no. 19. Lighten up.......guy!:D[/QUOTE

Lady you make no sense whatsoever.
    I'm finished with this.

Ahh Jesus :pac:
    The only comment I made was that Caseys is better in my opinion but thats not positive? So in your mind its a problem if I support one local business over another ... ?hmm...
    I should really find somewhere where people can voice their opinions... Oh Wait!

Fair enough you like Caseys next time i'll try Caseys and compare but that doesn't cancel out what i said about McLearys.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

"banter" is not welcome in this thread I see, ah well, the restaurant the OP is kindly advertising is very good for what it is, I wouldnt consider it to be anything special regarding menu or quality but it is good value, has good food and the staff are pretty good too. Would always recommend it to friends looking for just a normal bite to eat. Caseys is also very good, probably better imo anyway, sad to see it no longer opens for lunch and has cut back a bit. A place I have always enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Am based abroad but have never been there. Good for Waterford if they have a good restaurant sourcing stuff locally. I can understand the suspsicion that TT is somehow involved in the place (I don't think he is mind you) but it's not unknown for someone to not have a vested interest in a place and highlight it to others too. Word of mouth in the restaurant trade is as effective as anything else. Had a bad experience in the place? Fair enough - tell us about it. Never been there? Why not try it having weighed up the feedback here. The proof is in the eating :) But not sure why there is such sniping. Best of luck to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have to say that post by someone that accused me of being hired by the owners to say positive things about McLearys restaurant was hilarious.If that's the road were going down well some of ye moaning about the place could be employees from rival restaurants for all i know.:D

Take it from me it happens all the time. I could name a handful of local businesses that have chanced it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

jennygirl wrote: »
    80's food is back with a bang - probably nostalgia from the recession
    noticeable returns from
    Steak Diane
    Beer Battered Fish & Mushy Peas
    Pies - steak & kidney
    Sherry Trifle
    Porfiteroles & Choc Sauce
    Chicken Kiev
    Stew (beef & Irish)

I'd prefer to eat dog's poo than pay money for that pile of muck.

That's the problem with the typical Irish man... "i'll have the steak, well-done, please"...

UGH

mozattack wrote: »

That's the problem with the typical Irish man... "i'll have the steak, well-done, please"...

UGH

Everyone to their own I suppose. Some men might equally look at some of the foreign fare and go "UGH".

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    "banter" is not welcome in this thread I see, ah well, the restaurant the OP is kindly advertising is very good for what it is, I wouldnt consider it to be anything special regarding menu or quality but it is good value, has good food and the staff are pretty good too. Would always recommend it to friends looking for just a normal bite to eat. Caseys is also very good, probably better imo anyway, sad to see it no longer opens for lunch and has cut back a bit. A place I have always enjoyed.

So just because i didn't mention Caseys a restaurant i've never been to and started a thread praising McLearys means that im an employee of the place is it?Seeing that there's no tinfoil hat smiley i will have to bring out Mr Blue Face here.:rolleyes: To be honest with you Caseys would want to be pretty good to impress me to the extent that McLearys did.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

mozattack wrote: »

UGH
    I reckon there may be Health & Safety issues if a restaurant served you that! :D

rgmmg wrote: »
    Am based abroad but have never been there. Good for Waterford if they have a good restaurant sourcing stuff locally. I can understand the suspsicion that TT is somehow involved in the place (I don't think he is mind you) but it's not unknown for someone to not have a vested interest in a place and highlight it to others too. Word of mouth in the restaurant trade is as effective as anything else. Had a bad experience in the place? Fair enough - tell us about it. Never been there? Why not try it having weighed up the feedback here. The proof is in the eating :) But not sure why there is such sniping. Best of luck to the place.

Why would the owners hire someone who doesn't even live in Waterford as an employee!I just had a very enjoyable meal there and felt the place deserved a thread praising it.I've been to restaurants in Cork Limerick Galway and Dublin and no restaurant that i've been to any of those places had staff as friendly and accommodating as the staff in McLearys.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Why would the owners hire someone who doesn't even live in Waterford as an employee!I just had a very enjoyable meal there and felt the place deserved a thread praising it.I've been to restaurants in Cork Limerick Galway and Dublin and no restaurant that i've been to any of those places had staff as friendly and accommodating as the staff in McLearys.

I agree. I am not saying you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

kryogen wrote: »

love Caseys -Merwin & staff are brilliant .... good value, good steak, amazing pasta & seafood.... Mr Casey was the sous chef in McLearys- then saw a market for himself - well done to him.

jennygirl wrote: »
    love Caseys -Merwin & staff are brilliant .... good value, good steak, amazing pasta & seafood.... Mr Casey was the sous chef in McLearys- then saw a market for himself - well done to him.

That's great to hear.In fact i can't wait to give Caseys a try.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Always like going to McLearys,i am one of these people who enjoy a good steak and you certainly get that in McLearys far better than any other restaurant i have been to.Can i also say i love going to La Boheme,Sabai,Emilianos and Bodega but if i want steak i go to McLearys simples :D

1967 wrote: »
    Always like going to McLearys,i am one of these people who enjoy a good steak and you certainly get that in McLearys far better than any other restaurant i have been to.Can i also say i love going to La Boheme,Sabai,Emilianos and Bodega but if i want steak i go to McLearys simples :D

Tis far from La Boheme and La Atmosphere that some people were reared.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Seems as this thread has gone so far off topic is it OK for me to mention my regular restaurant in Berlin? :p

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »
    Seems as this thread has gone so far off topic is it OK for me to mention my regular restaurant in Berlin? :p

Not really people are talking about Caseys but i see nothing wrong with that.Both restaurants attract a similar sort of customer.

Advertisement