Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compressed air

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend can of compressed air for cleaning out dust inside pc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I reckon any will do....... I should really look in my tower again and see if it needs another cleaning in there! (Last time i couldnt believe how much had collected! (Especially on the power supply INTAKE vent))

And to think we might be breathing that crap all the time!! (Kinda scary)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Don't place your tower on the ground, I have mine sitting atop a chest of drawers and after about 2 years there is very little in the way of dust in the interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

dont buy the stuff in dealz. its very liquidy in my experience.

the stuff in currys/pc world is alright but a bit expensive. same with maplins. about 15 euro a pop. sometimes maplin have a 2for1 special on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I know THIS looks expensive in the short run but in the long run it is not, especially if you are in the repair game. For me it was the best buy I made in a long time. Got totally pi$$ed off paying ridiculous prices for tins of air and the Vac is really good at what it does.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

I know THIS looks expensive in the short run but in the long run it is not, especially if you are in the repair game. For me it was the best buy I made in a long time. Got totally pi$$ed off paying ridiculous prices for tins of air and the Vac is really good at what it does.

Not available in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bette wrote: »

Parcel Motel :) . I baught some compressed air and anti static foam cleaner on hunts office recently, not cheap though but big cans..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

bette wrote: »

That link was jut to show the item ;)

I bought mine directly from Mr PC Clean & they delivered no problem (That was a good while back though)

Yoyo cleared it up either way, use Parcel Motel

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Got totally pi$$ed off paying ridiculous prices for tins of air and the Vac is really good at what it does.

Amen.

Got one myself and a handy little 12v compressor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Dude111 wrote: »
    I reckon any will do....... I should really look in my tower again and see if it needs another cleaning in there! (Last time i couldnt believe how much had collected! (Especially on the power supply INTAKE vent))

And to think we might be breathing that crap all the time!! (Kinda scary)

What are the Effects of Dust on the Lungs?

Really though yea, that building you're in is slowing killing ya.:eek:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18466382
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_building_syndrome

:pac:

Get a heap of these and you'll be grand.:P
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-15-NASA-039-s-Plants-That-Can-Save-Your-Life-78345.shtml
    Random wrote: »
    dont buy the stuff in dealz. its very liquidy in my experience.

the stuff in currys/pc world is alright but a bit expensive. same with maplins. about 15 euro a pop. sometimes maplin have a 2for1 special on them.
    yea +1, it's shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,326 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have a compressor in the garage. Works fine.

You will reduce dust in your build by ensuring you have a positive pressure system - that is, you have more air flow in than out. Negative pressure case will collect dust in every nook and cranny that isn't strictly airtight. Causes a real problem for drives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

The Th!ng wrote:
    Don't place your tower on the ground, I have mine sitting atop a chest of drawers and after about 2 years there is very little in the way of dust in the interior.
    Ahhhhh that might be why then...... Thank you for your insight!

Advertisement