Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which bus from dorset st area - north road finglas?

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Also depending on your position on Dorset street, the 140 is very good, quick and direct.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah 40, or 140, not sure if 13 goes that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

thanks for that, was having problems using the dublin bus website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

40 or 140, 13 goes no where near North Road.

• Advertisement

the 140 from parnell square/great western way would be the nearest from dorset st ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

the 140 from parnell square/great western way would be the nearest from dorset st ?

The 40 or 40D goes all the way down Dorset Street.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

January wrote: »
    40 or 140, 13 goes no where near North Road.
    That sorts that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,426 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also 40b, but I think that only has a few buses per day.

been getting the 40, quite a nice scenic tour of finglas as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

been getting the 40, quite a nice scenic tour of finglas as well

:pac:

There certainly is a lot of wildlife!

The 40 or 40D goes all the way down Dorset Street.

true, but it goes no where near the north road as I found out today :eek:

The 40 does... the stop outside Lidl is just off the North Road... The 40D does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

You can also use http://hittheroad.ie

The 40 does... the stop outside Lidl is just off the North Road... The 40D does not.

yeah, tbf I think I misread one of the posts in the thread, I had been taking the 40 and that was great, literally missed it pulling away today and a 40d was directly behind it so I thought that went on the north road too, ended going miles away other side of finglas -no harm done

Oops, sorry. My post is a bit misleading.

EDIT: But the 40D goes through the village, which would leave you at the opposite end of North road.

Oops, sorry. My post is a bit misleading.

EDIT: But the 40D goes through the village, which would leave you at the opposite end of North road.

Yup but it's a long walk to the North Road from the Village... walking down the dual carriageway would be a bit dicey to do.

Yup but it's a long walk to the North Road from the Village... walking down the dual carriageway would be a bit dicey to do.

North road runs alongside the dual carriageway from the village to the LIDL roundabout. It's not that long of a walk either from one end to the other.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=North+Road,+Finglas&hl=en&ll=53.392849,-6.30096&spn=0.008548,0.0159&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=8.758818,16.281738&oq=north+road&hnear=N+Rd,+Dublin+11,+County+Dublin&t=m&z=16

Totally forgot that that road was also the North Road... move along... nothing to see here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Far better to use www.a-b.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement