Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please to start E-smoking/Vaping

Options
  • 18-02-2013 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

I don't even know what the difference between those two terms are :confused:

I am not a heavy smoker - about 10-13 cigarettes a day, but am utterly hooked. Very, very dependent on those cigs.

I am after reading threads here for the past hour - and after looking at a load of links for the Best Shop, Kanger starter kit, Irish Vapers...
    I don't really understand what I am looking at and reading about things dripping or other things drying up scares me. Just how difficult are these products to use.

I would really appreciate some help please. Something simple, because, I really don't understand these products at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

That kanger start kit was put together by e-smokeireland.eu because everyone here was recommending it for ages. I played around with a few kits before I bought that one and it's my favourite so far.

To fill it you pour the liquid in. After about two weeks it'll start to taste bad and there's a bit at the top you change that costs €2.

That's all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

jamie72 wrote: »
    That kanger start kit was put together by e-smokeireland.eu because everyone here was recommending it for ages. I played around with a few kits before I bought that one and it's my favourite so far.

To fill it you pour the liquid in. After about two weeks it'll start to taste bad and there's a bit at the top you change that costs €2.

That's all there is to it.

Your a star Jamie - thank you.

So basically I buy that starter kit & I have everything I need.

I love the idea of the fruit flavoured nicotine - a great idea. Looking forward to using some of them.

Some of them are beautiful tasting alright. At least while starting out, you should try and pick up a small bottle of the 'el toro cigarellos' as well. That got me over my mornings when the brain was looking for that dirty fag taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Kanger twist kit gets my vote too.

Have been vaping a month and a half and haven't smoked a rollie since starting.
    I decided on the kanger kit the other day and it really is straight forward and simple and it will def keep me off the fags.

The wingnuts juices are really good too so you won't have a prob picking your five free bottles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Kanger twist kit gets my vote too.

And mine.

Didn't buy that kit, but I use a Kanger T3 with batteries I had from other kits I used before.

It's easy to waste money on trying to get the 'perfect vape'.

Personally, I didn't want a new hobby, I just didn't want the expense of Smoking.

I was smoking 15-20 a day at the time I stopped 4 and a half months ago & spending in the region of 50 to 60 eurons a week.

That was unaccaptable to me.

I buy 2x 50ml bottles of RY4 flavour bottles frm the Vapour store, which costs about 32 euro a month.

That's about 1 Euro a day.

Add in, changing hardware, such as batteries & Clearomisers etc, I'd reckon, you could puff away on average at about 1.50 a day, which equates to just over a tenner a week.

Also, I was a hardcore smoker(for 23 years) & tried to quit plenty of times.

Haven't smoked since Oct 1 last year & made the switch straight away.

I can't reccommend this system highly enough.

• Advertisement

I turn into the demon-bitch from hell when I come off the fags... And that is probably a mild description of how bad I get:D

Did ye gradually go from smoking to vaping or do it in one fell swoop?

I went gradually. Vaping's not exactly the same as smoking and took me a while to take to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I turn into the demon-bitch from hell when I come off the fags... And that is probably a mild description of how bad I get:D

Did ye gradually go from smoking to vaping or do it in one fell swoop?

When it comes down to it, all you get out of smoking is the Nicotine hit.

With Vaping/E-Cigerattes, you maintain your Nicotine habbit, but in a dirrerent way.

As far as your body is concerned, it's business as usual.

So, you don't experiance the usual withdrawl symptoms, such as, moodiness, overeating, etc.

It's easy to make the switch, when you can puff away indoors in the depths of Winter in a way that is both Legal & doesen't harm anybody else.

Haha I was on 15-20 amber leave smoker a day, and for me I gave up straight away, even on a bad day, there was no reason to roll a fag, when I had my e cig at hand.

I just always made sure I had my extra battery fully charged and with me, if I knew I'd be away from home for a awhile.

I'd recommend you picking 20mg strength on the wingnuts starting off, the last thing u want is to get your kit and vape and not get enough hit off it.
    You can always reduce once you realise vaping is so much better in every sense than smoking. So many flavours to try:D ....you'll enjoy it.

Is this the starter kit you are talking about?

Do I just need the flavoured nicotine bottles with this? Have no idea of the correct term :o

Oh and what are drip tips? Do I need them also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Do I just need the flavoured nicotine bottles with this? Have no idea of the correct term :o

That's the one.

It comes with a choice of 5 samples from wingnuts flavours.

Drip tips are basically mouthpieces, you don't need them for that kit.

:)

Yes that's the kit, when you order that kit you'll get 5x 5ml wingnuts premium e liquid, look through all the flavours and pick which 5 you'd like to try.

When your ordering your kit then there will be comments box at the checkout, just type in what five juices you want and what strength.

Don't forget discount codes "boards" will get u a further ten percent off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/praze.htm

add a bottle of this to your order too, wingnuts range is fantastic for fruity/sweet flavours but is a little light in tobaccos. the house of liquid range on the same site are lovely tobacco juices but the 10ml sample bottles arent in stock atm

you'll be fine with the 5 juices you get with the e-smokeireland sample kit, but if you want to grab a few other brands juices as well here's a few reccomendations for 10ml bottles.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/liqua10.htm
    the american and traditional tobaccos from this range are lovely as well, liqua juices are pretty good in general

different website but some of the t-juice .. juices are fantastic

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/juice-c-48_71.html

the high voltage is a delicious menthol/cherry mix, the usa reds is lovely and the Hermano Rubio and uk smokes liquids quickly jumped very high into my favourite tobacco juices list when I tried them recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I have an Ego-T twist battery/charger etc.
    Is the T3 clearomizer compatible with that or is it just the Ego-C or is there even a difference?

the twist has 510 and ego fittings, so any device with a 510 or ego fitting will work on it although some aren't reccomended due to their size or the amount of power required to run them properly
    the t3's (any clearomiser really) will work fine on a twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

the twist has 510 and ego fittings, so any device with a 510 or ego fitting will work on it although some aren't reccomended due to their size or the amount of power required to run them properly
    the t3's (any clearomiser really) will work fine on a twist.
    Thanks. I'll try the T3 so. I'm not impressed with the flavour I'm getting from the Ego-T, very inconsistent and not often nice.

yeah the ego-t's aren't terrible or anything but most people decide eventually that they want to move on to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

:mad: JUST WROTE A POST FOR HERE AND IT DISSAPEARED WHEN I CLICKED ON SUBMIT REPLY ......

Anyway going to move over to the Vapor side so looking for some advice on what to select.I have about 9 pages open on my computer at the moment trying to trawl through the internet as to what would be suitable for me but head is spinning.
    I smoke 20+ a day and have been looking at the joytech ego-c amonst others so have a few questions if thats ok,
    What size battery would be better for lasting the day 900mAh or 1000mAh or other ? The ego-c has a newer model upgrade battery,any differance?
    Ive noticed theres a type A and B atomizer with the B holding more liquid,would B then be better for me? I see that theres differant types of fluid,juices,vg etc so if i went down the road of the ego-c which would suit that better.Any info would be much appreciated so i,ll leave it at that for now,COPYING AND PASTEING as we speak LOL......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

damon5 wrote: »
    :mad: JUST WROTE A POST FOR HERE AND IT DISSAPEARED WHEN I CLICKED ON SUBMIT REPLY ......

Anyway going to move over to the Vapor side so looking for some advice on what to select.I have about 9 pages open on my computer at the moment trying to trawl through the internet as to what would be suitable for me but head is spinning.
    I smoke 20+ a day and have been looking at the joytech ego-c amonst others so have a few questions if thats ok,
    What size battery would be better for lasting the day 900mAh or 1000mAh or other ? The ego-c has a newer model upgrade battery,any differance?
    Ive noticed theres a type A and B atomizer with the B holding more liquid,would B then be better for me? I see that theres differant types of fluid,juices,vg etc so if i went down the road of the ego-c which would suit that better.Any info would be much appreciated so i,ll leave it at that for now,COPYING AND PASTEING as we speak LOL......
    The best for starting out at the moment is the kanger starter kit on e-smokeireland.eu.They also have the best juices in my and others opinion.

Cheers will give them a look while i,m waiting,hopefully too there will be a barage of replys to my predicament which then hopefully would get my sanity back to its former 60 % :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Hi Damon. I'm new to e-smoking myself (just about four weeks now) but already I have bought quite a few bits. Experimenting is mandatory at the start, despite recommendations!

As you've asked about the eGo-C Type A & B's, I'll link you on to my own thread about same:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83314201#post83314201

If you want to go for either A or B you will need to make sure that (in the future) you get their corresponding heads for their atomizer:
    Type A heads for Type A atomizer body, Type B heads for Type B atomizer body. If you get the wrong ones/mix up by mistake, you'll get awful leaks and/or a bad burnt taste.

On the eGo-C, Type A uses cartridges (the mouthpiece and liquid resevoir), which are ALSO eGo-T cartridges. Took me a while to end my confusion,
    as vendors don't always specify this.
    Also, you must get Type B cartridges for the Type B atomizer.
    Type A cartridges won't work in them and vice-versa.
    Replacing the end-caps (the soft silicone cap at the end of the cartridge) will save you having to buy the full cartrige itself = cost effective.

I am refilling my Type A quite a lot (1ml liquid capacity) and kind of wishing I had gone for Type B instead. I would advize you to go for Type B if you really want it.

I didn't buy the eGo-C as either type though - I bought the Kanger Twist starter kit, which comes with the Kanger T3 atomizer and it's been great, really great.
    The only reason I went to the expense of getting the Type A atomizer body, heads and cartridges is because I wanted a streamlined kind of look for outside the house AND a whistle (flat) tip mouthpiece - not a seperate looking battery and atomizer but I have to say the T3 blows the Type A cartridge OUT OF THE WATER.
    Already I'm looking in to rebuilding the T3 as it's so good.

And there is also the eVod (atomizer) just recently launched, which is a 'covered up' style and also by Kanger (I think).

Definitely go for the eGo-C Twist though (e-smokeireland) and maybe get an eVod and a Type B atomizer set if you want to experiment.

Thanks csi vegas for your reply,the mind still boggles.If i was in a better financial situation i would be buying plenty,mixing and matching to get the outfit that ticks all the boxes, seeing as though i dont find myself in that situation i,m pretty dependant on the " hands on " views and replies too from others that have crossed that novice hurdle.
    Armed with the information,experience,expertise from the horses mouth and my modest handfull of coins i,ll hopefully find what i,m looking for in the end ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Thanks csi vegas for your reply,the mind still boggles.If i was in a better financial situation i would be buying plenty,mixing and matching to get the outfit that ticks all the boxes, seeing as though i dont find myself in that situation i,m pretty dependant on the " hands on " views and replies too from others that have crossed that novice hurdle.
    Armed with the information,experience,expertise from the horses mouth and my modest handfull of coins i,ll hopefully find what i,m looking for in the end ..... :)

So far I've spent around €200 on bits, kinda shocking I know but that's me,
    I have a tendency to stockpile everything and get one of something in every colour, size, flavour etc and I'm looking at spending around the same in the next week or so :o only Doomsday prepping would be comparable.

In your case (not so fláhúlach) I would now recommend you not to bother with the eGo-C atomizers. There are too many bits to be replacing I guess :(

Go for Kanger Twist, 100% go for it. They are eGo-C batteries (THE newest from Joyetech and 3rd generation) and they come with two Kanger clearo/atomizers. http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm
    I know it's been rec'd already in this thread but I'll link again because you won't go wrong with it.

I've been using just one Kanger almost exclusively for the past month and they are just around €5 to buy seperate when you need them.
    I'd order an extra two if I were you, for convenience.
    They are easily rebuilt too, for next to nothing
    http://www.ecigadvanced.com/community/kanger-t3-rebuild-with-ss-mesh-tutorial/ This is a picture tutorial and very easy to understand.

As for battery size, my Kanger Twist 650mah is exactly 6.5" (16.5 cm's).
    My 900mah is 7" (17.7 cm's) - nothing between them but a nice bit of extra battery life.
    These measurements are with the Kanger on.
    I became pretty obsessed with the sizes before ordering, I had measured them all out on paper to look at and measured out my Superking cigarette and my SmokeGreen e-cig to compare to.

Hope I've been of some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

csi vegas wrote: »
    Go for Kanger Twist, 100% go for it.

I second this motion.

Thanks for returning with some more info and Grindle too.
    Checked out your link to esmoke ireland and getting a bit confused when i looked at the video at roughly 4.30 minutes and saw what looked like he was putting together a bulging rocket launcher.Volumes pretty knackered on the computer so couldnt really fathom what the bulky part was or why so bulky because am looking for something more streamlined in appearance.

1.... I've been using just one Kanger almost exclusively for the past month and they are just around €5 to buy seperate when you need them. :confused:
    clear1x1.gif When i check out the lihk you gave to the website i,ve to choose an option,when i clck on both of them the drop down wording is exactly the same so unsure about so called kanger type.....please see below.

PBox_Border_Left_Top_Opt.gifclear1x1.gifPBox_Border_Right_Top_Opt.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gif
    Kanger Type First, Select Kanger Type clear1x1.gif
    Size BatteryThen, Select Size Battery

clear1x1.gifSo basicly for starters your recommending going for a kanger twist kit with the 900mah twist batts and a couple of extra Kanger T3 Clearomizers (2.4-2.6ohms

Now for the next hurdle ....... JUICE etc,jasus all these flavours to choose from...
    What do you think,i was looking at the dekang RY4 to start so i would get a certain tobaccoie taste,i know we all have differant tastes but when starting to ditch the ol weed sticks what other would you recommend :confused: on the dropdown list for selecting a flavour i,m seeing DK Tab,is that RY4:confused:

Right think its time for a coffee and a dreaded weed :(
    hopefully soon i,ll be having that weed in the comfort and warmth of the sitting room instead of hanging out with the icicles outside :cool:

dk-tab is dekang tobacco. it's quite nice, not really like ry4 though.. ry4 has more of a caramel undertone.

juice is going to be the hardest part to reccomend tbh. for a start everyone's tastes are different and since you're just coming off cigs your tastebuds are going to be pretty ****ed up for a while.. so a juice you love when you start vaping, you might not like so much when your tastebuds go back to normal... and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Thanks for returning with some more info and Grindle too.
    Checked out your link to esmoke ireland and getting a bit confused when i looked at the video at roughly 4.30 minutes and saw what looked like he was putting together a bulging rocket launcher.Volumes pretty knackered on the computer so couldnt really fathom what the bulky part was or why so bulky because am looking for something more streamlined in appearance.

1.... I've been using just one Kanger almost exclusively for the past month and they are just around €5 to buy seperate when you need them. :confused:
    clear1x1.gif When i check out the lihk you gave to the website i,ve to choose an option,when i clck on both of them the drop down wording is exactly the same so unsure about so called kanger type.....please see below.

PBox_Border_Left_Top_Opt.gifclear1x1.gifPBox_Border_Right_Top_Opt.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gif
    Kanger Type First, Select Kanger Type clear1x1.gif
    Size BatteryThen, Select Size Battery

clear1x1.gifSo basicly for starters your recommending going for a kanger twist kit with the 900mah twist batts and a couple of extra Kanger T3 Clearomizers (2.4-2.6ohms

Now for the next hurdle ....... JUICE etc,jasus all these flavours to choose from...
    What do you think,i was looking at the dekang RY4 to start so i would get a certain tobaccoie taste,i know we all have differant tastes but when starting to ditch the ol weed sticks what other would you recommend :confused: on the dropdown list for selecting a flavour i,m seeing DK Tab,is that RY4:confused:

Right think its time for a coffee and a dreaded weed :(
    hopefully soon i,ll be having that weed in the comfort and warmth of the sitting room instead of hanging out with the icicles outside :cool:

Just some comments on the order yur talking (about from a fellow newbie)

Two types T2 and T3 - difference is the replaceable piece is on the top on one and bottom on the other (also way you put in the eliquid).
    Go with the T3 - its more idiot proof and easier to change the atomiser on - you can always try the T2 down the road - both will work with yur kit
    If your buying the starter kit you get to pick 5 eliquids from the premium wingnuts range (put it in the order comments page)
    I would recommend getting a spread of ones to start off with (they come free so yur not losing anything)
    1) Anto Mix
    2) RY-C9
    3) Extreme Menthol

That will tell you whether you want to go the menthol route or something fairly understated.

And some mad ones

4) Swedish Fish
    5) Vanilla Custard.

If yu like 1) and or 2) and or 3) - you can start buying bigger bottles of RY4 or USA mix or menthol say Dekang or Hangsen - which are very cheap (not too bad price wise with e-smoke ireland - however cheaper elsewhere)
    Or you can start going down the route of more experienced posters here trying lots of different things ! (if your sold on the fancier flavours straight away)

In terms of eliquid stength - go with 20mg on at least some of the above. You can always come down afterwards in strength.

If you want to add something else to your order you could add 10ml of this

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltoropuros.htm

Just so you get a feel for something other than wingnuts

Hope this helps

dk-tab is dekang tobacco. it's quite nice, not really like ry4 though.. ry4 has more of a caramel undertone.

juice is going to be the hardest part to reccomend tbh. for a start everyone's tastes are different and since you're just coming off cigs your tastebuds are going to be pretty ****ed up for a while.. so a juice you love when you start vaping, you might not like so much when your tastebuds go back to normal... and vice versa.

Thanks for your imput,agree its another mountain to climb,ah well it has to be done......Was looking again and saw that the tobbaco type RYC9 and RYC10 are supposed to be popular,any experience with these.....

Right i,m back to hunting out for the best price i can get on a kanger twist,if anyone has the answer would be appreciated because being on a computer for hours yesterday searching and waking up at 5am this morning with painfull eye strain eyes aint no joke :)

Just some comments on the order yur talking (about from a fellow newbie)

Two types T2 and T3 - difference is the replaceable piece is on the top on one and bottom on the other (also way you put in the eliquid).
    Go with the T3 - its more idiot proof and easier to change the atomiser on - you can always try the T2 down the road - both will work with yur kit
    If your buying the starter kit you get to pick 5 eliquids from the premium wingnuts range (put it in the order comments page)
    I would recommend getting a spread of ones to start off with (they come free so yur not losing anything)
    1) Anto Mix
    2) RY-C9
    3) Extreme Menthol

That will tell you whether you want to go the menthol route or something fairly understated.

And some mad ones

4) Swedish Fish
    5) Vanilla Custard.

If yu like 1) and or 2) and or 3) - you can start buying bigger bottles of RY4 or USA mix or menthol say Dekang or Hangsen - which are very cheap (not too bad price wise with e-smoke ireland - however cheaper elsewhere)
    Or you can start going down the route of more experienced posters here trying lots of different things ! (if your sold on the fancier flavours straight away)

In terms of eliquid stength - go with 20mg on at least some of the above. You can always come down afterwards in strength.

If you want to add something else to your order you could add 10ml of this

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltoropuros.htm

Just so you get a feel for something other than wingnuts

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info and youve nearlly cleared up a bit of the puzzle too,regardingthe t3 would the mt3 be the same as the t3 in that the differance is with the t3 you can see all the eliquid in the vile and with the mt3 theres a small slit window instead....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Thanks for the info and youve nearlly cleared up a bit of the puzzle too,regardingthe t3 would the mt3 be the same as the t3 in that the differance is with the t3 you can see all the eliquid in the vile and with the mt3 theres a small slit window instead....
    as far as I know,yes.The mt3 has a metal shell instead of the t3's plastic one.The t3 is notorious for leaking,I don't know about the mt3 however.

Advertisement