Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All Vouchers

Options
  • 18-02-2013 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I recently got a E200 One4All voucher. While out shopping I used it to pay for a purchase in one store, about E20 worth.
    Since I have been told that I will now only be able to use the remainder of the voucher in that store and not in any of the hundreds of others that accept One4All, is this the case??
    If so, I wouldn't have used it in that store had I been aware of this, wouldn't spend E200 in years. Surely this defeats the purpose of these vouchers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Neadine wrote: »
    I recently got a E200 One4All voucher. While out shopping I used it to pay for a purchase in one store, about E20 worth.
    Since I have been told that I will now only be able to use the remainder of the voucher in that store and not in any of the hundreds of others that accept One4All, is this the case??
    If so, I wouldn't have used it in that store had I been aware of this, wouldn't spend E200 in years. Surely this defeats the purpose of these vouchers.

No you can use it in any other store after spending some of it in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

No you can use it in any other store after spending some of it in another.

Great, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

No u can spend where ever u want until u use all vouchers up .
    http://www.one4all.ie/One4all_FAQs_Voucher.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Was it the voucher (ie, the paper type) or the gift card?

If it was the card you can use it anywhere else if it was the voucher I'm genuinely curious how it was tendered for a smaller amount; did they make on it that €20 had been used or did they give you back a new voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Gillo wrote: »
    Was it the voucher (ie, the paper type) or the gift card?

If it was the card you can use it anywhere else if it was the voucher I'm genuinely curious how it was tendered for a smaller amount; did they make on it that €20 had been used or did they give you back a new voucher?

It is a gift card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Neadine wrote: »
    It is a gift card.

Register the card on their website, that will allow you to track the balance on it. As far as I know that's the only way you can see the balance. If you're in a shop that accepts the card, they can't lookup the balance, the only thing they can do is attempt to dock a given amount of money from the card and they will get an accept or reject. If it's accepted then the store receipt will show the remaining balance but as far as I recall, you can't ask the store assistant to check the balance for you in advance of spending any money off the card, hence you need to register it online and then you can check the balance before you go shopping.

http://www.one4all.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

This is not the case with the gift card, the balance remains on the card for use anywhere else. It used to be the case with the vouchers as stores has no facility to offer you change through the same means and had to use their own gift cards for the change. Refunds on either had the same problem, I'm not sure if they still do or if they've finally worked around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If it's a gift card it can be used anywhere, unless the store charged you the full 200 and put the balance on a gift card specific to their own store, which is a pretty scabby thing to do.

The store can actually check the balance, all anyone needs is the card number on the from and the ccv / security code on the back, I've had to do it a few times when the card didn't work for customers.

Either way OP you'll be grand just use it where ever you want.

Advertisement