If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV in price range.

Options
  • 18-02-2013 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for the best TV I can get in the following price ranges.

600 - 800 - 1000

I am looking for the following features.
    Larger than 42 inch
    3d
    Full HD

Smart functions are not needed as I will be hooking up a HTPC anyway. I was looking at a LG 42LM640S on pixmania for 629 euro + shipping but would prefer a bigger panel.

I understand if you cannot give a good TV for the 600 region.

Each price range can be +- 100 euro.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Limericks wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking for the best TV I can get in the following price ranges.

600 - 800 - 1000

I am looking for the following features.
    Larger than 42 inch
    3d
    Full HD

Smart functions are not needed as I will be hooking up a HTPC anyway. I was looking at a LG 42LM640S on pixmania for 629 euro + shipping but would prefer a bigger panel.

I understand if you cannot give a good TV for the 600 region.

Each price range can be +- 100 euro.

Hi Limericks,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

For £600 I'd look at the Toshiba 46TL968 currently priced at £599.95.  This meets all your specs and the picture quality is great. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/46tl968b/tosh-46tl968b

For £800 check out the Panasonic TXL 47ET5.  Again ticks all the specs and has been a very popular screen with us.  At the moment it also includes a free 5 year warranty.  Current price is £799.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/smart-tvs/panasonic/viera-txl47et5b/pana-txl47et5b

For £1,000 check out the Philips 47 PFL6907T currently priced at £999.95, this also includes a free 5 year warranty.  This would be one of my favorite at the moment for many reasons.  Excellent picture quality, passive 3D so easier on the eyes and also glasses are ALOT cheaper, dual core processor and the ambi-light feature is the icing on the cake.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/47pfl6907t/phil-47pfl6907t

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.