Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female dog bleeding from her bits

• 18-02-2013 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all, i have a jack russell which i got her spayed when she was a puppy about 5 years ago, i noticed recently she became irritated with her bits and when i checked her i noticed some dried in blood, i cleaned this up but there seems to be more. Im not sure if this is normal if shes in heat or not but i thought the spay would of prevented this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

If she has been spayed this isn't normal. She should be seen by a vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

Thanks meoklmrk91, i was thinking i might have to go down that road alright, just needed a 2nd opinion cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

gazelec wrote: »
    Thanks meoklmrk91, i was thinking i might have to go down that road alright, just needed a 2nd opinion cheers.

No bothers, let us know how she gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

Hi just an update, been to the vets and they reckon its an infection, she got an injection and shes on a course of antibiotics for a couple of weeks so hopefully it clears up. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

gazelec wrote: »
    Hi just an update, been to the vets and they reckon its an infection, she got an injection and shes on a course of antibiotics for a couple of weeks so hopefully it clears up. Cheers.

keep a close eye on her if she starts weeing/drinking excessively bring her straight back to vet

• Advertisement
Advertisement