Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant change background colour on my Weebly website

• 18-02-2013 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated as I am a novice when it comes to code and web design.

I set up a website for a voluntary organisation recently and the background on the website is white I had hoped to change it to light red so I changed the code to - see below - however the background is still white has anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

0/* BODY AND CONTAINER */

body {
    background-colour: #CC3333;
    }

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated as I am a novice when it comes to code and web design.

I set up a website for a voluntary organisation recently and the background on the website is white I had hoped to change it to light red so I changed the code to - see below - however the background is still white has anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

0/* BODY AND CONTAINER */

body {
    background-colour: #CC3333;
    }

Disclaimer: No idea how Weebly works but try these:
    • First of all, get rid of that '0' in there before the comment.
    • It should be background-color not background-colour. (Everything has American English spelling)
    • The CSS file could also have a container that is in front of the body so look for container-like names and try them. Keep a copy of the CSS page in case you muck it up! Also, look for styling in divs/containers that contain background-color:#fff or #ffffff and change them to see if that fixes it.
    • If none of these fix it, post up a copy of the whole CSS file.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

Thanks, I changed the spelling of "color" and now the background is red in the preview (which it wasnt before) but when I go into the actual website its still white, dont know why it wont change over just like it is in the preview?

Disclaimer: No idea how Weebly works but try these:
    • First of all, get rid of that '0' in there before the comment.
    • It should be background-color not background-colour. (Everything has American English spelling)
    • The CSS file could also have a container that is in front of the body so look for container-like names and try them. Keep a copy of the CSS page in case you muck it up! Also, look for styling in divs/containers that contain background-color:#fff or #ffffff and change them to see if that fixes it.
    • If none of these fix it, post up a copy of the whole CSS file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Thanks, I changed the spelling of "color" and now the background is red in the preview (which it wasnt before) but when I go into the actual website its still white, dont know why it wont change over just like it is in the preview?

Click "Publish" ?

Advertisement