Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moxibustion

• 18-02-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience or recommendations of a good place in dub to go for this form of acupuncture in attempt to turn a breech baby?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

DL when I was ttc I saw a great Accupuncturist in the knocklyon area. I have an underactive thyroid and as a result very low body temp so she used moxibustion in an attempt to raise it.... Something def worked! She said aswell she often uses it for turning breech babies and has quite a high success rate so I was actually in touch with her last week and am poppin into her next week to see if she can do anything for my breech baba!

She works out of Oldcourt medical centre in Firhouse and also out of dundrum medical centre (in the actual shopping centre) her name is Siobhan Seville and she works out of TCM Ireland. Aside from anything a lovely woman and I built up a great rapport with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Digs wrote: »
    DL when I was ttc I saw a great Accupuncturist in the knocklyon area. I have an underactive thyroid and as a result very low body temp so she used moxibustion in an attempt to raise it.... Something def worked! She said aswell she often uses it for turning breech babies and has quite a high success rate so I was actually in touch with her last week and am poppin into her next week to see if she can do anything for my breech baba!

She works out of Oldcourt medical centre in Firhouse and also out of dundrum medical centre (in the actual shopping centre) her name is Siobhan Seville and she works out of TCM Ireland. Aside from anything a lovely woman and I built up a great rapport with her.
    Brill digs! Us that the new shopping centre Or old one in Dundrum!
    That's really convenient to me so I'm delighted for the recommendation!! If u have a number for her that would be great!! Pm me? Let me know how u get on! Ill be so curious!
    Thanks a million!! Lets get these babas moving!!

No probs, it's the new centre, the very top floor above tesco across from Peter marks! Just in the office at the mo for a meeting so will pm you her number when I get home!

Moxibustion has a really funky smell, some people hate it apparently but I found it strangely nice! Hoping it works it magic on our babas anyway!

Just read can't do if had previous section.... Hope that's not true :(

Oh no :( just pm'd you with the details. No harm in giving her a shout anyway, she may be able to suggest something else.

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Oh no :( just pm'd you with the details. No harm in giving her a shout anyway, she may be able to suggest something else.

Thanks a mil - gave her a buzz - thinks should be ok! Will wait a few more weeks to give herself time to turn and then see how we are set! Will go to her at 34 weeks if no change!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Could always try chiropractor to do Webster?? I had it done and baby turned-maybe baby was going to turn anyway but worth a shot! Abbey Chiropractic-Celine is the person you need.....

wicklori wrote: »
    Could always try chiropractor to do Webster?? I had it done and baby turned-maybe baby was going to turn anyway but worth a shot! Abbey Chiropractic-Celine is the person you need.....

I actually have been going to a chiropractor every 2-3 weeks since before I was pregnant as I get back pain from an unstable pelvis ( which could be the route of the problem...) He does Webster ( from what ve googled of Webster) every visit and this one still turned breech :( I'm due a visit soon again - regardless of the breech baby I find the chiropractor great - relieves so much of my pain and is prob the only reason I'm still able to work at the mo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

dublinlady wrote: »
    I actually have been going to a chiropractor every 2-3 weeks since before I was pregnant as I get back pain from an unstable pelvis ( which could be the route of the problem...) He does Webster ( from what ve googled of Webster) every visit and this one still turned breech :( I'm due a visit soon again - regardless of the breech baby I find the chiropractor great - relieves so much of my pain and is prob the only reason I'm still able to work at the mo!!!

Love the chiro as well. Between that and pilates i have had no back problems at all (37 weeks now touch wood!!!)

Double check you are definitely having the Webster done as I know my chiro makes a bit thing out of the fact that she is specially qualified to administer it and not every chiro is.

Best of luck baby spinning!!!!!

Advertisement