Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

MrPudding wrote: »
    JC, your type could not get access to they forum. Can you not appreciate the risk it would pose to the order if you were to become aware of the plans and the rituals? We might worship a dark lord, but we aren't stupid.

MrP
    Just like I thought!!:eek:
    You do realise, I hope, that in the spiritual realm, saying something has the full force of law ... so saying that you 'worship a dark lord' is taken by that 'dark lord' as an agreement of worship between you and him ... even if you think you're joking ... the forces of darkness don't joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

J C wrote: »
    You do realise, I hope, that in the spiritual world saying something has the full force of law ... so saying that you 'worship a dark lord' is taken by that 'dark lord' as an agreement of worship between you and him ... even if you think you're joking ... the forces of darkness don't joke.

Lol I would sell my soul to the devil for a 6 pack of beer and the winning euromillions numbers for this Friday night. If I don't win does that mean the devil (like your "God") does not exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

even if you think you're joking ... the forces of darkness don't joke.

They certainly stick to their promises better than your god. Lucifer in particular. Now there's a chap you can actually rely on. Your god could learn a thing or two about keeping your word from folks like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

You do realise, I hope, that in the spiritual world saying something has the full force of law ... so saying that you 'worship a dark lord' is taken by that 'dark lord' as an agreement of worship between you and him ... even if you think you're joking ... the forces of darkness don't joke.

Haaha ha ha.....wut?! Ha, ho ho..heeee hee hee heh....OH dearie me!! You do make me laugh JC. This is where I love watching religious folk have an absolute sh*t fit. Feckin hilarious.

Don't worry your pretty little head petal. Big bad witchy Obliq will save you from the dark forces of doom, using only my shadow self and some scrying I learned in D&D (not the same as A&A, but you wouldn't know it sometimes...). You seem a wee bit worried and paranoid but SRSLY, you'll be fine....with my protection of course.

Oh wait....did you not know that by talking to us, you weaken the doorways to your soul? DAMNation, a small oversight. Apologies, on behalf of the JAMM.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Lol I would sell my soul to the devil for a 6 pack of beer and the winning euromillions numbers for this Friday night. If I don't win does that mean the devil (like your "God") does not exist?
    That's not how it works ... your promise is binding on you ... but not on Satan, who is lawless and therefore outside the legal realm ... and the only person who can break such binds is Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    They certainly stick to their promises better than your god. Lucifer in particular. Now there's a chap you can actually rely on. Your god could learn a thing or two about keeping your word from folks like that.
    They enforce your promise against you allright ... but they don't stick to their side of the bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

That's not how it works ... your promise is binding on you ... but not on Satan, who is lawless and therefore outside the legal realm ... and the only person who can break such binds is Jesus Christ.

So Jesus Christ is like the best lawyer going who can find a loophole or something?

Obliq wrote: »
    Haaha ha ha.....wut?! Ha, ho ho..heeee hee hee heh....OH dearie me!! You do make me laugh JC. This is where I love watching religious folk have an absolute sh*t fit. Feckin hilarious.

Don't worry your pretty little head petal. Big bad witchy Obliq will save you from the dark forces of doom, using only my shadow self and some scrying I learned in D&D (not the same as A&A, but you wouldn't know it sometimes...). You seem a wee bit worried and paranoid but SRSLY, you'll be fine....with my protection of course.

Oh wait....did you not know that by talking to us, you weaken the doorways to your soul? DAMNation, a small oversight. Apologies, on behalf of the JAMM.
    If I was unsaved you would have a point. I'm not the least worried or paranoid.

... and its you who needs the protection of Jesus Christ from the forces that you are engaging with.

... and its you who needs the protection of Jesus Christ from the forces that you are engaging with.

What if Jesus isn't real and you've been worshiping the wrong god and just making the real one madder and madder?

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    So Jesus Christ is like the best lawyer going who can find a loophole or something?
    Not a lawyer ... the Law Maker with all power in Heaven and on Earth given to Him ... to loose and bind.

• Advertisement

What if Jesus isn't real and you've been worshiping the wrong god and just making the real one madder and madder?
    ... I know that Jesus Christ lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Didn't you hear the news? It was on at 1 o'clock: Jesus died 2000 years ago.

Late news, I suppose. It takes a long time to reach some parts...

Sure doesn't every single religious person say the same. You've feck all proof

I believe in Thor. At least I know he's real. He's Australian would ya believe and a bit of a ride to boot

Oh JC, the cracks are showing. I honestly think you should be more than a bit worried about the promises made by your Jesus Christ and his daddy the big G. After all, they seem to have trouble standing by those who are the most loyal....some people, who have been good and faithful worshipers ALL their lives end up with their children starving to death and broken promises from the christian god. Come to our side, while it's not too late JC. The more you argue with us, the easier it is for your soul to be broken. Come to us.......COME NOW ! :pac:

Sure doesn't every single religious person say the same. You've feck all proof
    ... only the Saved Christians know He lives.

All of the other religious people say that they don't know ... or that He doesn't live.

... only the Saved Christians know He lives.

All of the other religious people say that they don't know ... or that He doesn't live.
    I like your proof. You'd make a fine 'creation scientist'

Oh JC, the cracks are showing. I honestly think you should be more than a bit worried about the promises made by your Jesus Christ and his daddy the big G. After all, they seem to have trouble standing by those who are the most loyal....some people, who have been good and faithful worshipers ALL their lives end up with their children starving to death and broken promises from the christian god. Come to our side, while it's not too late JC. The more you argue with us, the easier it is for your soul to be broken. Come to us.......COME NOW ! :pac:
    There is a great and unbridgable gulf between me and your side ... but the Good News of Salvation is that you can still cross over to our side.
    Say but the word and you will be Saved.

I like your proof. You'd make a fine 'creation scientist'
    Salvation is a spiritual issue ... nothing to with science of any variety.

Well that's me forked then, will I still win the euro millions? Because if not then it's not a binding contract and satan can't get me. I could always pop into a church and get forgiveness through confession. If "God" is willing to forgive the rampant systematic rape of children by his priests then I'm sure he will forgive little.old me for a bit of bartering with satan.

You say satan is outside the "legal realm" ? Is there some sort of spiritual courthouse where we can appeal? Do I get a lawyer? Because some people say they are all going to hell so they would all be on satans side right?

There is a great and unbridgable gulf between me and your side ... but the Good News of Salvation is that you can still cross over to our side.
    Say but the word and you will be Saved.

Yeah, um....what is this great and unbridgeable gulf? Is it perhaps that I am fully taking the p*ss and you are quite serious? Salvation comes in many forms JC. My salvation will be humour. Your's is clearly a text written by some ancient misogynistic homophobes. But hey, whatever your poison.

• Advertisement

Well that's me forked then, will I still win the euro millions? Because if not then it's not a binding contract and satan can't get me. I could always pop into a church and get forgiveness through confession. If "God" is willing to forgive the rampant systematic rape of children by his priests then I'm sure he will forgive little.old me for a bit of bartering with satan.

You say satan is outside the "legal realm" ? Is there some sort of spiritual courthouse where we can appeal? Do I get a lawyer? Because some people say they are all going to hell so they would all be on satans side right?
    You don't need any court or any church to Save you ... Jesus Christ is all you need.
    ... and He will forgive you if you repent and ask for His Salvation.

You don't need any court or any church to Save you ... Jesus Christ is all you need.
    ... and He will forgive you if you repent and ask for His Salvation.

I'll see does satan come across with the euro millions numbers first.

Yeah, um....what is this great and unbridgeable gulf? Is it perhaps that I am fully taking the p*ss and you are quite serious? Salvation comes in many forms JC. My salvation will be humour. Your's is clearly a text written by some ancient misogynistic homophobes. But hey, whatever your poison.
    My Salvation is in Jesus Christ who isn't a homophobe nor a misogynist.:)

Please come over to our side ... Jesus loves you.

I'll see does satan come across with the euro millions numbers first.
    No can do. Did he promise you that?

No can do. Did he promise you that?

Sent him an email to satan.murphy@hell.com am waiting for a reply

Sent him an email to satan.murphy@hell.com am waiting for a reply
    Happy Christmas.

My Salvation is in Jesus Christ who isn't a homophobe nor a misogynist.:)

Please come over to our side ... Jesus loves you.

I'm on your side, ya big ape :) We're all human, no difference between us (Just some are more afraid of death than others, is all).

I'm on your side, ya big ape :) We're all human, no difference between us (Just some are more afraid of death than others, is all).
    That's true ... our common Humanity unites us allright :)
    ... but were not united spiritually ... and I'd like if we were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

... but were not united spiritually ... and I'd like if we were.

That sounds a bit rapey tbh. Perhaps you could buy her off her father first like your wee book recommends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

... good video clip ... I too feel like doing this to the clock radio ... the morning after the night before!!!:);)

Just in case anyone was wondering...

Flip-over numbers on clocks have been obsolete since at least the mid 1970s, replaced by LEDs - however the flip-over clocks are ubiquitous in movies for many years after this.

The reason - LED clocks flicker many times per second, and not in a multiple of movie film's 24 frames per second. The circuit that translates the clock's binary coded decimal into seven-segment display signals is trivial by today's standards, but in the past it made sense to multiplex the display - use one decoder circuit and simply switch the inputs and outputs many times per second. So to the naked eye it appeared that all LED digits were illuminated at once, when in reality each one was only lit for a fraction of the time. The LEDs were bright enough to get away with this - but the rapid flicker imperceptible to humans caused problems when a movie camera was pointed at them.

Hence the prevalence of 1970s beside clocks in US movies until well into the 1990s. So now you know.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement