Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No, no, obviously the LED clocks have had their CFSI degraded to the point of not being compatible with TV (TVs and clocks being from the same baramin, naturally), what you're looking at is a classic example of Almighty God punishing some clocks for their sexual deviancy. It's why He flooded the internet but with cats.

This creation science is difficult, you have to make up so much bullsh*t as you go along. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Sarky wrote: »
    That sounds a bit rapey tbh. Perhaps you could buy her off her father first like your wee book recommends?

Hmm, I'm thinking that even if he could afford the 1,000's of camels, I'd be sent back on the first camel-train for being outrageously experienced in all the right areas :rolleyes: Either that, or I'd have him on the dark-side before he could shout 'Jesus Christ' ......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

That sounds a bit rapey tbh. Perhaps you could buy her off her father first like your wee book recommends?
    Since when has spiritual unity in Jesus Christ become 'rapey' ... and what kind of mind thinks that it is?
    ... also please don't trivialise a very serious issue of violence against women.
    wrote:
    Obliq
    Hmm, I'm thinking that even if he could afford the 1,000's of camels, I'd be sent back on the first camel-train for being outrageously experienced in all the right areas Either that, or I'd have him on the dark-side before he could shout 'Jesus Christ' ......
    I'm not asking you to marry me ... I'm already married to the sexiest woman on Earth.
    ... so no need to move any camels!!!:)
    ... but when it comes to your Salvation ... the door is always open ... and the light's on in the hall ... and you know that Jesus Christ will be waiting .. when you finally come to call!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

J C wrote: »
    I'm not asking you to marry me ... I'm already married to the sexiest woman on Earth.
    FYI, when you start talking about women you come accross as really, really, creepy. Stick to the creationism, stupid is a much better look for you.

MrP

No, no, obviously the LED clocks have had their CFSI degraded to the point of not being compatible with TV (TVs and clocks being from the same baramin, naturally), what you're looking at is a classic example of Almighty God punishing some clocks for their sexual deviancy. It's why He flooded the internet but with cats.

This creation science is difficult, you have to make up so much bullsh*t as you go along. :(
    Ha .. Ha.
    Anyway, you're partially correct ... all clocks exhibit CFSD (Complex Functional Specified Design) ... and their microprocessors have CFSI ... and I have yet to see a clock that wasn't produced by an ultimate input of intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

J C, do you have children? If so, will you be teaching them that your creationist views are facts of life, or will you be letting them make up their own mind?

MrPudding wrote: »
    FYI, when you start talking about women you come accross as really, really, creepy. Stick to the creationism, stupid is a much better look for you.

MrP
    What is creepy about what I have said ... except in your own mind???
    ... as for your 'stupid' comment ... it is a fact that bullies tend to project their own inadequacies onto the people they abuse.

Gordon wrote: »
    J C, do you have children? If so, will you be teaching them that your creationist views are facts of life, or will you be letting them make up their own mind?

He has alleged that he has children and he has taught them his creationist ways. Very sad if true. That said, he has also claimed to be a scientist, and more recently, a mathematician, so really, who knows...

MrP

Gordon wrote: »
    I do and they have had a broad education with the facts of Evolution taught them at home and in school ... and the evidence for Creation as well ... and as independent free-willed thinking Human Beings they will make their own minds up on the validity of it all.

... and do the children of Atheists receive such a broad education ... or is it just Evolutionist indoctrination all the way?

Since when has spiritual unity in Jesus Christ become 'rapey' ... and what kind of mind thinks that it is?
    ... also please don't trivialise a very serious issue of violence against women.

I didn't mind the humour Sarky used and I've been raped. Please don't speak for the likes of me as if I have no sense of humour. Seriously though JC, all this "enter into Christ's love" stuff IS really creepy. Please see your comment below for a perfect example of the stalker-style terminology that you're always using in relation to "being saved" (which actually sends the same kind of shivers down my spine as if you had said "being chained and enslaved"). It comes across as a bit sick tbh and I'm glad Sarky mentioned it. I'm not the only one who is creeped out, clearly.
    ... but when it comes to your Salvation ... the door is always open ... and the light's on in the hall ... and you know that Jesus Christ will be waiting .. when you finally come to call!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I do and they have had a broad education with the facts of Evolution taught them at home and in school ... and the evidence for Creation as well ... and as independent free-willed thinking Human Beings they will make their own minds up on the validity of it all.

... and do the children of Atheists receive such a broad education ... or is it just Evolutionist indoctrination all the way?

Broad education? Why would you bother teaching them something that's not real? Creationism is a retard 'science'.

I'd like evidence to your claim the Himalayas are under 20k years old btw, oh and proof the great flood happened with geological evidence that would be left in abundance had such a nonsensical flood ever existed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mick drinks in my local pub, I wonder if I should ever ask him about the book. He doesn't know me or anything.

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

These are contradictory statements.

Evolutionist indoctrination all the way, as well as mathmatics indoctrination, physics/biology/chemistry/geology and all those other subjects that contradict the Christian creation myth.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Creationism and telly design? Take it away, Douglas Adams:
    A man didn't understand how televisions work, and was convinced that there must be lots of little men inside the box, manipulating images at high speed. An engineer explained about high-frequency modulations of the electromagnetic spectrum, transmitters and receivers, amplifiers and cathode ray tubes, scan lines moving across and down a phosphorescent screen.

The man listened to the engineer with careful attention, nodding his head at every step of the argument. At the end he pronounced himself satisfied. He really did now understand how televisions work. "But I expect there are just a few little men in there, aren't there?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

bumper234 wrote: »
    You say satan is outside the "legal realm" ? Is there some sort of spiritual courthouse where we can appeal? Do I get a lawyer? Because some people say they are all going to hell so they would all be on satans side right?

You could always use the Homer Simpson defence.

Obliq wrote: »
    I didn't mind the humour Sarky used and I've been raped. Please don't speak for the likes of me as if I have no sense of humour.
    I'm very sorry to hear that you have been raped. Words fail me about man's inhumanity and brutality to their fellow Human Beings.

I wasn't speaking on your behalf (nor did I claim to) ... I was speaking on my own behalf in condemnation of rapists for the evil cowards that they are.
    ... and I strongly object on my own behalf to Sarky's outrageous suggestion that I am 'rapey'.
    This is a very serious criminal allegation to level at any man ... and joking about is equally outrageous certainly from my perspective, as an honourable man that is disgusted by sleazy perverts who are violent and abusive towards women.

wrote:
    Obliq
    Seriously though JC, all this "enter into Christ's love" stuff IS really creepy. Please see your comment below for a perfect example of the stalker-style terminology that you're always using in relation to "being saved" (which actually sends the same kind of shivers down my spine as if you had said "being chained and enslaved"). It comes across as a bit sick tbh and I'm glad Sarky mentioned it. I'm not the only one who is creeped out, clearly.
    Ok let's look at what was said:-
    wrote:
    Originally Posted by Sarky

Obliq
    Hmm, I'm thinking that even if he could afford the 1,000's of camels, I'd be sent back on the first camel-train for being outrageously experienced in all the right areas Either that, or I'd have him on the dark-side before he could shout 'Jesus Christ' ......

J C
    ... so no need to move any camels!!!
    ... but when it comes to your Salvation ... the door is always open ... and the light's on in the hall ... and you know that Jesus Christ will be waiting .. when you finally come to call!!
    You appeared to be joking about being married to me (although I never really know when ye guys are joking or being serious) ... and you were also apparently joking about converting me into some kind of Satanist ... before I could shout 'Jesus Christ'.

I ruled it out, as I'm already a happily married Christian - and I gave you a much better alternative ... of being Saved by Jesus Christ ... with a light-hearted pun on a famous Country & Western song.
    ... but your sense of humour apparently didn't extend that far ... and you decided that this well known C & W song was about 'stalking' women ... when it is actually about a woman (or a man) inviting a former friend back into their life ... an invitation that Jesus also extends to everybody.

I'm sorry if the idea of Salvation 'creeps you out' ... but you seem to be happy enough to 'operate on the dark side' ... presumably therefore communing with very malevolent spiritual forces ... which have the capacity to possess and ensnare you ... something that would 'creep out' many people ... other than perhaps Saved Christians, ... who have the power to rebuke these spiritual forces in the name of Jesus Christ ... to send them back to where they have come from.

you realise Sarky didn't say you are 'rapey'. You actually have his post quoted in your own post, and clearly does not say what you claim.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Broad education? Why would you bother teaching them something that's not real? Creationism is a retard 'science'.
    ... so far all the evidence is in favour of Direct Creation ...and NS and its mutagenic helpmate don't have the capacity to do anything except to degrade and destroy genetic information.
    'Must do better' is what I would mark on an Evolutionists 'Report Card'!!!:)
    _Redzer_ wrote: »
    I'd like evidence to your claim the Himalayas are under 20k years old btw, oh and proof the great flood happened with geological evidence that would be left in abundance had such a nonsensical flood ever existed.
    ... I'd certainly like evidence that it is older than 20,000 years!!
    The mere fact that there are still limestone rock on it's summit is sufficient reason to accept that it's not billions of years old ... as it would all be eroded away long ago if it were!!
    ... as for evidence of a worldwide flood ... please note that over 75% of the Earths surface is covered by sedimentary rocks that are full of fossilised dead things and that were catastrophically laid down by water all over the Earth!!!

... and if that's not evidence of a worldwide water-based catastrophy, I don't know what would be!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been raped. Words fail me about man's inhumanity and brutality to their fellow Human Beings.

I wasn't speaking on your behalf (nor did I claim to) ... I was speaking on my own behalf in condemnation of rapists for the evil cowards that they are.
    ... and I strongly object on my own behalf to Sarky's outrageous suggestion that I am 'rapey'.
    This is a very serious criminal allegation to level at any man ... and joking about is equally outrageous certainly from my perspective, as an honourable man that is disgusted by sleazy perverts who are violent and abusive towards women.

You appeared to be joking about being married to me (although I never really know when ye guys are joking or being serious) ... and you were also apparently joking about converting me into some kind of Satanist ... before I could shout 'Jesus Christ'.

I ruled it out, as I'm already a happily married Christian - and I gave you a much better alternative ... of being Saved by Jesus Christ ... with a light-hearted pun on a famous Country & Western song.
    ... but your sense of humour apparently didn't extend that far ... and you decided that this well known C & W song was about 'stalking' women ... when it is actually about a woman (or a man) inviting a former friend back into their life ... an invitation that Jesus also extends to everybody.

I'm sorry if the idea of Salvation 'creeps you out' ... but you seem to be happy enough to 'operate on the dark side' ... presumably therefore communing with very malevolent spiritual forces ... which have the capacity to possess and ensnare you ... something that would 'creep out' many people ... other than perhaps Saved Christians, ... who have the power to rebuke these spiritual forces in the name of Jesus Christ ... to send them back to where they have come from.

hmmmm the catholic church was the biggest rape club in Ireland to the extent that the pope ("Gods" spokesman on earth!!!) helped to cover it all up. I haven't been reading about many satanists arrested for rape in recent years.....i wonder why that is?

koth wrote: »
    you realise Sarky didn't say you are 'rapey'. You actually have his post quoted in your own post, and clearly does not say what you claim.

Don't act so surprised that J C is ignoring reality again. Remember he called himself an 'honourable man' just there, despite nearly a decade of lying through his teeth on this website alone.

• Advertisement

He did indeed use the word 'rapey' about me!
    ... an outrageous and very serious criminal allegation to level at any man.

... and to make it even more outrageous ... he levelled the allegation when quoting my posted wish that Obliq would be spiritually united with Christianity and thus with me as a Christian.
    wrote:
    Originally Posted by Sarky

Still not matching up with anything close to reality, J C. Your poor martyr complex must be working some serious overtime.

He did indeed use the word 'rapey' about me!
    ... an outrageous and very serious criminal allegation to level at any man.

... and to make it even more outrageous ... he levelled the allegation when quoting my posted wish that Obliq would be spiritually united with Christianity and thus with me as a Christian.

no, he didn't. I suggest you read his posts a couple times more as it clearly does not say that. It's a dishonest misrepresentation of a post to play the martyr.

But if you honestly suggest that it does, I suggest you report it.

no, he didn't. I suggest you read his posts a couple times more as it clearly does not say that. It's a dishonest misrepresentation of a post to play the martyr.

But if you honestly suggest that it does, I suggest you report it.

He does this all the time, a bit boring now TBH. Who could forget the "you are calling for the wiping out of creationists" debacle after someone post this:

282971.gif

MrP

bumper234 wrote: »
    hmmmm the catholic church was the biggest rape club in Ireland to the extent that the pope ("Gods" spokesman on earth!!!) helped to cover it all up. I haven't been reading about many satanists arrested for rape in recent years.....i wonder why that is?
    What has any of that got to do with me, as a Saved Christian?

... and as Satanism is an occult activity, any Satanist that is arrested for anything won't normally be identified as a Satanist!!!

... here is what a former Satanist has to say about what Satanists get up to:-

This is what happened to a Satanic High Priests daughter in America ... who eventually was Saved and delivered.

... and here is a young woman who was abducted by a Satanic Cult ... and has not been Saved ... yet

... but the good news for all Satanists is that you can be Saved in Jesus Christ.

Yes, soapboxing on the occult will surely make you less of a laughing stock.

What has any of that got to do with me, as a Saved Christian?

... and as Satanism is an occult activity, any Satanist that is arrested for anything won't normally be identified as a Satanist!!!

... here is what a former Satanist has to say about what Satanists get up to:-

This is what happened to a Satanic High Priests daughter in America ... who eventually was Saved and delivered.

... and here is a young woman who was abducted by a Satanic Cult ... and has not been Saved ... yet

... but the good news for all Satanists is that you can be Saved in Jesus Christ.

Good actors

here's one for you.

A priest consistently rapes a young boy (10 years old) for months on end. The boy reports this rape but the crime is covered by the church. The boy grows up but is haunted by what happened to him and eventually cannot take it anymore and kills himself.

Meanwhile the priest continues to live a life of luxury continuing to rape children. He eventually gets caught. He asks "God" for forgivness and his sins are absolved.

According to the bible your priest dies and goes to heaven while his victim goes to hell.

He'll hide behind the flimsy defence that he's not Catholic, but rather one of the crazier fringe groups of Christian.

[QUOTE=J C;87807496]I'm very sorry to hear that you have been raped. Words fail me about man's inhumanity and brutality to their fellow Human Beings.
    [/QUOTE]

Oh FFS. Do you want me to link to the actual conversation we were having when you first heard that? It was your apparent inability to comprehend ANY instance where it would be morally acceptable to choose to kill an embryo that brought my story on in the first place.

Actually, I'm pretty sure everyone here can imagine how, ahem, understanding you were about that kind of issue, but I'm sure it was constructive and educational to people reading it who are 'christian' without knowing why....

JC, it's the choice of language. Nobody really thinks you are rapey, and I can understand your horror at the notion. It's pretty strong language to use. However, it's matched by the ....um.....FERVOR that is in this language you use constantly and relentlessly about "joined in Christ" and "you only have to repent, in order to be loved" that is SO DAMNED CREEPY. Honestly, it seems so cognisant of the kind of abuse of love and faith that we know today the sexual preditors (those in the catholic church heirarchy in particular) could have used against their victims. That's why it sounds so sick.

Actually no. I was joking about converting you to being gaily bedded by a very un-virginal woman and would have you turned to the side of non-virtuous pleasures of the flesh before you could shout 'Jesus Christ'. Satanism never entered my head.

I'm sorry, I don't know the song. Suffice it to say that this language that comes across as so stalking or 'rapey' is not invented by you JC. The whole of the Catholic/Christian faith is steeped in it, and it's a sorry sight. Eww. Creepy.

Such bollox. There isn't one sentence in the above paragraph that has any basis in reality.
    JC, you are truly out on your own, and not in a good way tbh.

• Advertisement

He'll hide behind the flimsy defence that he's not Catholic, but rather one of the crazier fringe groups of Christian.

Yeah like David Koresh :D

Advertisement