Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

IT-Guy wrote: »
    So an aborted foetus is now an unborn child? Praise for your ability to conflate, nil points for your understanding of embryology.
    All children are the children of their parents from the moment of their conception ... and they remain unborn ... until they are born.

The word 'child' is 'ageless' when used in association with a 'parent' e.g. a 70 year old parent can have a 40 year old 'child' ... and similarly, a 30 year old parent can have a 2 day old un-born 'child'.
    IT-Guy wrote: »
    C'mon JC, that's a step down in tone from them being saved and all friendly and forgiving with each other in a fluffy bunny full of hugs Heaven TM.

I think you're miffed at the idea of people divorcing as it goes against your biblical views so it's more soothing for you to believe they'll be able to see how they were wrong once they're 'saved' in Heaven ©.
    I was merely pointing out that meeting your divorced wife/husband in Heaven isn't something to be avoided, as other posters had sugggested.
    I was pointing out that many divorced couples regularly meet with civil and indeed pleasant interactions being the result, here on Earth ... and it should be even easier and more pleasant in Heaven, where everyone is Saved ... and are at peace, having left all of their Earthly 'baggage' behind them.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Where did he live before he created the spiritual realm?
    God is the great I AM ... and He is transcendent of both the Spiritual and Temporal Realms.

Obliq wrote: »
    Your religion is like a soap-opera JC. Are you the head honcho like? Cos you're definitely writing it yourself. Many followers? I believe you need around the 60 mark to be an official cult, but it was a friend told me that 20 years ago, when he planned starting one, so that could be completely wrong. Anyhow, can't wait for the next episode! This sh*t is pure comedy gold, like star trek (sorry trekkies...no offence).
    Jesus Christ is the 'head honcho' ... and I'm but a sinner ... undeserving ... but Saved.:)
    ... and I'm not a member of any cult ... I'm just a member of the largest Faith Group on Earth.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

J C wrote: »
    God is the great I AM
    That's not an English sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

God is the great I AM

I know I said I'd keep away from you, but this is just too easy an opportunity to miss.

So god is the lead singer with the Black Eyed Peas now? Must be a step up.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That's not an English sentence.
    It was originally Hebrew.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Special pleading for God not needing a cause? I thought you knew about things like logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Jesus Christ is the 'head honcho' ... and I'm but a sinner ... undeserving ... but Saved.:)
    ... and I'm not a member of any cult ... I'm just a member of the largest Faith Group on Earth.

One mans "faith group" is another mans cult!

bumper234 wrote: »
    One mans "faith group" is another mans cult!
    ... and this applies to all belief and un-belief groups!!:)

Sarky wrote: »
    Special pleading for God not needing a cause? I thought you knew about things like logic.
    Logically, the ultimate cause cannot have a cause.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Logically, the ultimate cause cannot have a cause.:)

But Odin is the ultimate cause:confused:

If you can read this, you're too close!

... and this applies to all belief and un-belief groups!!:)

Yup......you're part of the biggest cult in the world. Congratulations on your total brainwashing.

koth wrote: »
    But Odin is the ultimate cause:confused:
    Is that what you call Him?

Yup......you're part of the biggest cult in the world. Congratulations on your total brainwashing.
    ... and this can also apply to all belief and un-belief groups!!:D

I know I said I'd keep away from you, but this is just too easy an opportunity to miss.
    You just can't help yourself ... because Christianity and Creation Science are irresistable allright!!!:D:p

... and this can also apply to all belief and un-belief groups!!:D

If I don't believe in any "Gods, saviours or deitys" then how am I brainwashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Yeah, yeah...yah whateva....but your avatar name here is JC mate. Are we meant to take that in some other way?
      You're not JC, you're just being his legal representative here on earth at the moment
      You are JC, but are lying. Therefore you must be about to rewrite those rules about untruths that you left us with the last time, or OOOPSIE. Jesus made a booboo
      You are full of the proverbial donkey poop.

Is that what you call Him?

nah. I call him Mud.

Bonus points for anyone that gets the reference :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

koth wrote: »
    nah. I call him Mud.

Bonus points for anyone that gets the reference :P

I always thought it was muck or pondslime? :confused:
    (Oh wait is this some admin shyte?

hqdefault.jpg)

it's half a quote from a bugs bunny cartoon ;)

• Advertisement

If I don't believe in any "Gods, saviours or deitys" then how am I brainwashed?
    These people also don't believe in any "gods, saviours or deities" ... yet they are brainwashed?

These people also don't believe in any "gods, saviours or deities" ... yet they are brainwashed?

Are you honestly asking me if the people of North Korea are brainwashed?

Ok I will play.

Yes they are brainwashed, for decades they were told that Kim Jong Il was the ETERNAL leader and the ETERNAL chairman (anyone else seeing a similarity to Christianity?). The only literature or media they had was state controlled. If you are CONSTANTLY told something and you have NO way of knowing any difference then yes you are brainwashed.

You say the people of North Korea don't believe in "gods, saviours or deities" but they DO as they think that their leaders are all of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Are you honestly asking me if the people of North Korea are brainwashed?

Ok I will play.

Yes they are brainwashed, for decades they were told that Kim Jong Il was the ETERNAL leader and the ETERNAL chairman (anyone else seeing a similarity to Christianity?). The only literature or media they had was state controlled. If you are CONSTANTLY told something and you have NO way of knowing any difference then yes you are brainwashed.

You say the people of North Korea don't believe in "gods, saviours or deities" but they DO as they think that their leaders are all of these.

They don't think that their leaders are all these.

They're living in fear.

I think brain washing is much closer to home, just look at the effect smart phones have on some people.

Geomy wrote: »
    They don't think that their leaders are all these.

They're living in fear.

I think brain washing is much closer to home, just look at the effect smart phones have on some people.

I think you will find that is more of an addiction than brainwashing.

uzza.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

The Christian god is an absolute little bitch boy, just a total cvnt. Zeus destroys him, hands down

uzza.jpg
    ... but it was more like this

78108238.iW9NajCW.jpg

... but it was more like this

78108238.iW9NajCW.jpg

Still wouldn't survive the oceans while continents speed around at 3mph.

bdne.jpg

• Advertisement

fcwq.jpg

Advertisement