Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

bumper234 wrote: »
    bdne.jpg
    Says who?

fcwq.jpg
    That is indeed all it takes ... Jesus Christ came to Save all sinners ... and that includes you and me.
    ... as well as every other sinner who repents ... and asks Jesus Christ to Save them.

What would you suggest that God should do?

Start discriminating between sinners on some arbitrary basis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

sxnt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

koth wrote: »
    Still wouldn't survive the oceans while continents speed around at 3mph.

It wouldn't even hold a pair of all the animals found on the British Isles, never mind a whole continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

J C wrote: »
    Says who?
    Pretty much everyone with half a brain not suffering from the delusion that a book written by mysoginistic, semi-literate, superstitious, scared and ignorant people over 2000 years ago is somehow an accurate description of everything. You know, not mental people.

MrP

• Advertisement

MrPudding wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone with half a brain not suffering from the delusion that a book written by mysoginistic, semi-literate, superstitious, scared and ignorant people over 2000 years ago is somehow an accurate description of everything. You know, not mental people.

MrP

Oh but you can't trust them because the ENTIRE GLOBAL SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY is in on a conspiracy to silence creationism!

j1fp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

These people also don't believe in any "gods, saviours or deities" ... yet they are brainwashed?

Wrong, Kim Jong Il is there god. And bad and all as he was, at least he was less murderous than YHWH.

Oh, and not one single person has ever been killed in the name of atheism, so you trying to conflate atheism and murderous regimes is as big a lie as what you tell when trying to refute evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

koth wrote: »
    But Odin is the ultimate cause:confused:

Woooh there koth... Odin's mother and father, Bestla and Bor, might have something to say about that...
    Bor's father Buri was licked out of ice by a giant cow which was formed when the ice and fire got closer together across the ginnungagap...

You're confusing Odin building the Earth out of Ymir's corpse with initial causation.

Norse religions favoured a cyclical universe in which creation is ongoing and participatory... I'm pretty sure they have no unmoved mover.

J C, a giant cow carving a god out of ice is no more crazy than the genesis stories...

3jxp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Steven Pinker stumped by creationist question. More evidence JC is correct.

j1fp.jpg
    Sounds like a paraphrase of something that a Darwinist once said to me ... about himself ... and the latest story about the evolution of a living organism within its kind, that he had just read!!!:D

sxnt.jpg
    Nothing weird about it ... each woman will go where they wish to go.

... and Jesus has paid the price for the sins of both the cocaine user and the prostitute

3jxp.jpg
    Our omnipotent God chose to satisfy justice by taking the just punishment for Humanity's sin Himself.
    To do this He humbled Himself to become man through the express permission of a young woman ... and died that we could all live eternally with Him.

He communicated this through His infallible Word ... that still remains clear today ... despite numerous attempts to corrupt and conflate it.

.He is a God that is both just and merciful ... and He loves you and wants to Save you.:)

... and the choice is up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Nothing weird about it ... each woman will go where they wish to go.

... and Jesus has paid the price for the sins of both the cocaine user and the prostitute

That's disgusting, what you've implied there JC. The sex worker wishes to go to hell? Where in the cartoon does it say that then? Why would the sex worker wish to go to hell? What makes you think she wishes to go to hell any more than the cocaine user?

Sarky wrote: »
    It wouldn't even hold a pair of all the animals found on the British Isles, never mind a whole continent.
    Noah could keep a pair of every animal in the British Isles in one railroad car ... and the capacity of Noahs Ark was equivalent to 569 railroad cars.
    http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

Obliq wrote: »
    That's disgusting, what you've implied there JC. The sex worker wishes to go to hell? Where in the cartoon does it say that then? Why would the sex worker wish to go to hell? What makes you think she wishes to go to hell any more than the cocaine user?
    Where did I say anything about Hell and either of the women?

I simply said that the women would go "where they wished to go" ... and where they will end up, will be where each of them wishes to be.

If a person who sells their body for sex wants to be Saved ... all they need to do is to ask Jesus Christ to Save them ... and He will do so.

Ditto with a cocaine user ... and if you have any disgust to discharge about the implications of the cartoon ... please discharge it against the cartoon poster, as I bear no responsibility for it.:(

MrPudding wrote: »

MrP
    You do realise that you are insulting over 90% of people in Ireland, who declared themselves to be Christian in the most recent Census, with your remarks about everyone ... who respects the Holy Bible as the Word of God ... which is every Christian and indeed every Jew?
    ... and after this, presumably you guys still expect them to hand over their children to be taught in schools operating to your standards?:(

If you wish to just insult Creationists, please confine your Adhominem to Creationists ... or better still just stick to criticising my ideas rather than personalising your criticism to practically all of your neighbours.

I see you still haven't learned what an ad hominem is. Deary me. Why don't you even try to improve yourself?

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Noah could keep a pair of every animal in the British Isles in one railroad car ... and the capacity of Noahs Ark was equivalent to 569 railroad cars.

I know you're prone to marvellous flights of fancy, but you really need to back up that claim.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Out of interest, did he just save mammals, or were other species such as non-flying insects saved? You know, including the 1.1 million species of arachnid for example. Not to mention the many millions of flies you need to sustain all those spiders, and remembering of course each male and female spider would need separate quarters with some kind of individual feeding hatch. Now even with a decent work force, say you could put together say five hundred of these little spidey cabins per day, that's still going to take 12 years just to build accommodation for the bugs on this ark of yours. Now lets say the almighty in his omnipotence helped out, and magicked all this out of nowhere, and magicked all the spiders into their rooms, whose job was it to keep the spiders fed on this voyage? I'm guessing once again, this would have to fall to the almighty, as even an army of zoologists couldn't keep up with this work, and AFAIK, Noah didn't actually have an army of zoologists on board. So basically, for this ark to work, God has to basically build it and run it, Noah not being omnipotent, so why bother?

Even if this ark only housed the 5.4 thousand species of mammal, and the food and bedding required to keep them alive at sea for a month, there's still rather a lot of shít to shovel for Noah and family. In addition of course to sailing a rather large vessel. And as for the animals you mention from the British Isles, I'm assuming again the almighty magicked them on board, or did Noah pick them up on route? Lets take the former, which begs the question if you're magicking animals here there and everywhere from around the globe, why build a bloody great boat as a means of transporting them?

You couldn't make this stuff up. Though, actually, maybe you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

"Dinosaurs - Did Noah take them on the Ark, too?"

I'd almost read that. Almost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

pauldla wrote: »

"Dinosaurs - Did Noah take them on the Ark, too?"

I'd almost read that. Almost.

The dinosaurs. And the land based plants. And fresh water fish, amphibians, and other organisms that don't like salt. And the heating and air-con required to keep all these diverse habits going to keep everything alive and healthy. That would be one busy busy boat. But then you've an omnipotent being on hand to magick anything right that's not working out... Why Christians even bother trying to explaining these wild fantasies when they can always just say 'God did it. Next question' is beyond me.

coce.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Wired.com looks into Ken's "Ark Encouter" and finds that the animals will be in as bad a condition as the finances:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/12/the-ark-park-needs-to-sink/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

smacl wrote: »
    Why Christians even bother trying to explaining these wild fantasies when they can always just say 'God did it. Next question' is beyond me.

Because they know that it is all makey-uppy really, but they are too scared to admit it to themselves.

You do realise that you are insulting over 90% of people in Ireland, who declared themselves to be Christian in the most recent Census, with your remarks about everyone ... who respects the Holy Bible as the Word of God ... which is every Christian and indeed every Jew?
    ... and after this, presumably you guys still expect them to hand over their children to be taught in schools operating to your standards?:(
    Argumentum ad populum aside, I very much doubt that 90% of the people in Ireland actually beleive even a fraction of the bible, or have even read any significant portion of it.

And even if that isn't the case, meh, I still think my discription a fair representation of that thing you have lost touch with, you know, reality.
    If you wish to just insult Creationists, please confine your Adhominem to Creationists ... or better still just stick to criticising my ideas rather than personalising your criticism to practically all of your neighbours.
    I am insulting creationism and religion (on this partiuclar occasion), because they are ridiculous and worthy of critisim and ridicule. It is not my fault if you can't separate yourself form that.

MrP

fdiu.jpg

498c.jpg

• Advertisement

This Week in Science Pic

This is my favorite of that type:

283883.jpg

MrP