Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

J C wrote: »
    We are often our own worst enemy!!

... there is only One God who will Save you.

Which one though, there are thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

SW wrote: »
    May I ask when you received your nobel prize for confirming the existence of God?
    That honour will one day belong to the ID pioneer researchers.
    I am merely standing on the shoulders of 'ID giants'.:)

So you could be convinced that the bible is wrong. This after you rejected all current understanding and evidence for evolution? You realise that makes no sense at all. How could you be convinced when you reject evidence in favour of the bible? It doesn't sound like you'd be open to reconsidering your support for creationism at all.
    Are you open to consider the evidence for Creation?
    Like I have said, I used be just like you ... until I realised (after a long period of denial) that the evdience pointed overwhelmingly away from Evolution and towards Creation.

bumper234 wrote: »
    This is how North Korea treats people, maybe Kim Jung Il is your god. You should go there and let us know how you get on.
    Kim is an illiberal Secularist and an Atheist ... so, I guess, he could be your 'god' if you want him!!!:)

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

That honour will one day belong to the ID pioneer researchers.
    I am merely standing on the shoulders of 'ID giants'.:)
    so no proof then. good to clear that up.
    Are you open to consider the evidence for Creation?
    sure. Though it doesn't bode well seeing as one of the most vocal proponents for creationism is on record as saying no evidence will convince him that evolution is in line with reality. It's a very anti-science attitude tbh.
    Like I have said, I used be just like you ... until I realised (after a long period of denial) that the evdience pointed overwhelmingly away from Evolution and towards Creation.
    Well that would happen when a person ignores modern science.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Kim is an illiberal Secularist and an Atheist ... so, I guess, he could be your 'god' if you want him!!!:)

He's most definitely not a secularist, and probably not an atheist, either. As far as the North Koreans are concerned, He is their God and He is the one true state religion.

• Advertisement

I hear he's fond of cheese sandwiches too :rolleyes:

anywho, you'd do well to take your own advice....
    you guys really do need to 'lift your game'!!!:)

Pherekydes wrote: »
    They've been saying that for 2000 years now. He ain't coming back.
    I respectfully suggest that you read 2 Peter 3.

But I don't have a god.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Darwin is dead ... so there is no need to keep dragging up his marriage to his first cousin. I'll say nothing about it if you don't!!!;)
    Genesis 4:17 - Cain knew his wife, and she gave birth to Enoch.

Who was Cain's wife?

I scoff at your [tedious] proselytizing.

• Advertisement

He's most definitely not a secularist, and probably not an atheist, either. As far as the North Koreans are concerned, He is their God and He is the one true state religion.
    He is the ultimate Secularist ... state and 'god' all wrapped up in one person!!;)

He is the ultimate Secularist ... state and 'god' all wrapped up in one person!!;)

the English language disagrees with you. Any more specious nonsense up the sleeves?

Eh, that's the opposite of secularism.

Then you wonder why posters claim you would fail your 11+:rolleyes:

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Genesis 4:17 - Cain knew his wife, and she gave birth to Enoch.

Who was Cain's wife?
    Most likely his sister.

Most likely his sister.
    And God was cool with that? Is it still OK now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

INAPPROPRIATE PROSE DELETED

oscarBravo wrote: »
    And God was cool with that? Is it still OK now?
    It's not OK now ... nor for several thousand years.
    ... and marrying your uncle's daughter isn't a good idea either ... as Darwin should have known ... but apparently didn't.

The answer is here:-
    http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/all-women-bible/Cain-8217-s-Wife

INAPPROPRIATE PROSE DELETED
    Kim is a form of Secular 'god'.

you realise you've just suggested that a god is a megalomaniac tyrant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's nothing secular about the Kim dynasty!

This is what the Oxford English Dictionary defines "secular" as:

It's high time Boards stopped J C's drivel from wasting server space.

So the answer is that incest was morally right until God suddenly changed his mind and made it morally wrong.

How does it not embarrass you that the answer to every difficult question you're asked is a literal deus ex machina?

you realise you've just suggested that a god is a megalomaniac tyrant.
    ... a god with a small 'g' !!!:)

Seeing as he IS the state, he can hardly be secular, now can he?

Last week you were claiming to be secular, but it's clear you don't know what the word means. And you've no intention of finding out, either.

Imagine. That "god-given" brain of yours. And mostly unused. That's a terrible sin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Quoting from a book which is 50% fairy tale and 50% barbarian history proves nothing. Nor does your tedious and derisory sermonising. This is supposed to be a debate using reason and sensible argument, if you are not capable of that, and the evidence strongly suggests you are not, then do yourself a favour and stop making a complete fool of yourself. Go to your shrine and cast a few magic spells or something.

... a god with a small 'g' !!!:)

so what? God is a god. You just suggested God (who happens to be a god) is a megalomaniac tyrant.

There's nothing secular about the Kim dynasty!

This is what the Oxford English Dictionary defines "secular" as:

It's high time Boards stopped J C's drivel from wasting server space.
    North Korea is a Secular State in which the expression of all religion is banned ... and now you appear to be calling on the Boards to 'follow suit' and ban me for expressing my faith.

North Korea is a Secular State in which the expression of all religion is banned ... and now you appear to be calling on the Boards to 'follow suit' and ban me for expressing my faith.

Didn't realise you were in favour of banning religious expression, seeing as you are on record claiming to be a secularist.

The problem for you now is that one of the two things mentioned above must be false. Have fun in the quicksand :P

Seeing as he IS the state, he can hardly be secular, now can he?

Last week you were claiming to be secular, but it's clear you don't know what the word means. And you've no intention of finding out, either.

Imagine. That "god-given" brain of yours. And mostly unused. That's a terrible sin.
    ... the most extreme form of illiberal secularism is a totalitarian state ... and the most extreme form of totalitarian state is one led by a megalomaniac dynasty.

• Advertisement

... the most extreme form of illiberal secularism is a totalitarian state ... and the most extreme form of totalitarian state is one led by a megalomaniac dynasty.

Seriously, can a mod or an admin request JC stops bolding words in every sentence its getting to a stage where his posts are physically hurt my eyes. I have asked him nicely before and he did cut down but he seems to be slipping back into his old ways again.

Advertisement