Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Why do you believe that evolution is possible but the idea of something being able to absorb oxygen from the air as opposed to the water is impossible?
    I was talking about the entire supposed transition between single celled pondkind to Mankind (via a veritable Evolutionary Zoo in-between).

bumper234 wrote: »
    He could also post his links to evidence of alien life (i do believe we are not alone in the universe i just have no evidence of this) and be the most famous man in the world, morso than his namesake.
    Why bother with links ?

I have first-hand knowledge that 'they live'!!!

I believe ... because I have seen Aliens ... and you believe even though you haven't seen them.

Now where did I hear something like that before?

Ah yes, it was in John 20:29:)

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

He could also post his links to evidence of alien life (i do believe we are not alone in the universe i just have no evidence of this) and be the most famous man in the world, morso than his namesake.
    I want neither fame nor fortune ... I just speak the truth with love and compassion.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

J C wrote: »
    Why bother with links ?

I have first-hand knowledge that 'they live'!!!

I believe ... because I have seen Aliens ... and you believe even though you haven't seen them.

Now where did I hear something like that before?

Ah yes, it was in John 20:29:)

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

So no proof of either. Why am i not surprised? Another day in the fantasy world of JC

So no proof of either. Why am i not surprised? Another day in the fantasy world of JC
    Corroborated eyewitness testimony is indeed legally valid proof.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Describe the physical appearance of the aliens you encountered. How did they communicate with you? What did they communicate to you?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Pop up a link there so i can check out this Corroborated eyewitness testimony that proves the existence of "god" and aliens.

SW wrote: »
    Describe the physical appearance of the aliens you encountered. How did they communicate with you? What did they communicate to you?
    I can say that their technology is much more impressive than themselves!!!

Pop up a link there so i can check out this Corroborated eyewitness testimony that proves the existence of "god" and aliens.
    You're not going to get any links about this stuff on the (public) WWW.

You're not going to get any links about this stuff on the (public) WWW.

So there is no way we can see this legally binding corroborated evidence? Oh why am i not surprised?

• Advertisement

I can say that their technology is much more impressive than themselves!!!

That's not answering my questions.

So there is no way we can see this legally binding corroborated evidence? Oh why am i not surprised?
    That's just the way it seems to be with many (important) things.

That's not answering my questions.
    It is

That's just the way it seems to be with many MYTHS.

FYP for you.

It is

It offers no description of the aliens, how they communicated or what they communicated to you. It clearly doesn't answer my questions and to state otherwise is an error. Would you now like to answer my questions?

FYP for you.
    That too !!!;)

It offers no description of the aliens, how they communicated or what they communicated to you. It clearly doesn't answer my questions and to state otherwise is an error. Would you now like to answer my questions?
    They didn't communicate ... like I say, their technology is much more impressive than their puny selves.

They didn't communicate ... like I say, their technology is much more impressive than themselves.

what did they look like?

what did they look like?
    Etheral

Etheral

Limbs? Height? Eyes? Wings? Tails? Or are exactly like the little grey men portrayed on TV?

• Advertisement

Limbs? Height? Eyes? Wings? Tails? Or are exactly like the little grey men portrayed on TV?
    None of these things.

None of these things.

You're trying to claim they were "spritual" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Are you sure you weren't just watching Cocoon?

None of these things.

They were day-glo orbs?

You're trying to claim they were "spritual" :rolleyes:
    I don't know for certain - but they are a lot less tangible than their technology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Why did you assume aliens and not angels?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Why did he assume aliens and not hallucinations?

They don't look like (the popular image of) angels - and they have tangible very high-level physical technology - that is popularly associated with 'Aliens'.

The word 'Alien' is a good descriptor ... as they themselves and their technology is 'alien' to the laws and physics of this Universe.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Why did he assume aliens and not hallucinations?
    I saw the physical evidence and effects of their presence.
    Hallucinations don't physically affect animate and inanimate objects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

MrPudding wrote: »
    Hmmm, would need to look and that poses two problems. First, I am on my phone and second, it is entirely too early in the day to have you wade through the utter crap that is JC's post history.

I will try to dig it out for you later, if some other kind soul does not beat me to it.

MrP
    2005 through to 2008
    Quote Zod
    I do notice that Creationists are not pinning their arguments to this (ET life) - in other words life on other planets could actually be found soon - if it is they can just say "yeah so what - he just didn't mention it".

The Bible is silent on ET life – Fact. My personal opinion is that it is silent because there is no ET life, other than demons and angels.
    Scofflaw

What will you do if there's life on Mars, or Titan? Plead Martian Special Creation?

The Bible is silent about ET life. It is unlikely that God created life on other planets without telling us about it. My personal opinion is that it is silent because there is no ET life.

However, I am also aware of at least one Creation Scientist who has had close encounters of the First, Second and Third Kinds with ET Intelligences!!!;) :D
    ......the most LIKELY source of bacteria on Mars IS probably from contamination .........
    BUT
    ......when it comes to ETs I can confirm that they EXIST.......because I have had close encounters of the first, second and third kinds with the things......so please avoid the temptation to second-guess my replies!!!!!:eek::D
    ........the ET technology that I have seen, manifested itself physically..........and it was enormously sophisticated.....it was one of the reasons that I became a Christian!!!!
    I'm a bit confused how you didn't believe in alien life when you were a christian, but then at some point around 2007 when you had the experience with aliens, you became a christian.

Regarding spontaneous evolution:
    I know ... but it happens to be one of the most deeply held beliefs in current society.
    I can see why and how they believe in spontaneous evolution ... and indeed I once deeply held the belief myself ... so far be it from me to criticise anybody for holding a belief I once held myself.
    Yeah, that was back in 2008:

......but your denial that Spontaeous Evolution exists (which I agree with BTW)
    Maybe you'll realise that there is no such thing as a Christian God soon :)

Advertisement