Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

J C wrote: »
    I love you Mr P ... in a purely and genuinely Christian way, may I add.:)

I can't make you love me in return ... now I know how God feels about this.

Quick flood his house and drown him! It's the godly thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

kiffer wrote: »
    Quick flood his house and drown him! It's the godly thing to do!
    Not going to happen ... so rest easy guys.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Mod: Snip< We don't allow discussion of moderation of other fora here.>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Pope Frank says "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/pope-francis-evolution_n_6057378.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

INB4 J C pops up calling Catholics atheists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

robindch wrote: »
    Pope Frank says "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/pope-francis-evolution_n_6057378.html

Here's my trouble with that:

If evolution is real, Adam & Eve never happened
    If Adam & Eve never happened, Eve never ate the apple
    If Eve never ate the apple, there was no Original Sin
    If there was no Original Sin, God intentionally made us all sinners
    If God intentionally made us all sinners, Jesus couldn't have died for our sins
    If Jesus didn't die for our sins, Christianity is based on nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

Penn wrote: »

And that's why Christianity makes no sense.

INB4 J C pops up calling Catholics atheists.
    FYI I didn't call Roman Catholics Atheists ... some of the best Creation Scientists in the World are Roman Catholic.:)

... and they can be found in these organisations to name but a few:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_creationist_organisations

And that's why Christianity makes no sense.
    Christianity is eminently logical and sensible ... when the Apostle's Creed isn't just vocalized ... but accepted.

wrote:
    Pope Francis
    (Emphasis mine)
    “God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life,” the pope said. “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

I agree with most of what he said ... I would make the following few clarifications (in blue) if were talking about what he said:-

“God is not a divine being and isn't or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life,”
    “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve (within their Kind using their pre-existing Created Genetic diversity).”:)

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »

Good point Penn.

and here's your trouble with that solved:

M2M Evolution isn't real, Adam & Eve happened
    Adam & Eve happened ... and Eve ate from the fruit of the (Occult) Tree (System) of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
    Eve ate of this occult Knowledge, and this was the Original Sin
    As there was Original Sin, God didn't intentionally make us all sinners ... Adam and Eve did that.
    As God didn't intentionally make us all sinners, Jesus died in perfect atonement for our sins
    As Jesus died for our sins, Christianity is soundly based on Him and His Merciful and Loving Self.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's out in the open now, JC. You're a heretic. And anyday now you can expect a knock on the door from the inquisition.

You can be a real martyr then...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

[QUOTE=J C;92799445

Adam & Eve happened ... and Eve ate from the fruit of the (Occult) Tree (System) of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
    As there was Original Sin, God didn't intentionally make us all sinners ... Adam and Eve did that.
    As God didn't intentionally make us all sinners, Jesus died in perfect atonement for our sins
    As Jesus died for our sins, Christianity is soundly based on Him and His Merciful and Loving Self.:)[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha Ha, That's a funny one,
    Carry on.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It's out in the open now, JC. You're a heretic. And anyday now you can expect a knock on the door from the inquisition.

You can be a real martyr then...:pac:
    I didn't think that Evolutionists had established an Inquisition for Heretics ... who say that Mankind aren't Apes???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I didn't think that Evolutionists had established an Inquisition for Heretics ... who say that Mankind aren't Apes???:eek:

Good try, JC.

The inquisition by the church! You are considered a heretic by the church, which believes in evolution.

Bye bye now.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Good try, JC.

The inquisition by the church! You are considered a heretic by the church, which believes in evolution.

Bye bye now.
    The Roman Catholic Church seems to be very circumspect in what they are saying about Evolution ...
    Quote:-
    “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve" ... presumably within their Kind using their pre-existing Created Genetic diversity.

Sounds like the Pope is a Creationist ... with a bit of Natural Selection Evolution and a load of ID thrown in ... He must have been reading my writings on the Boards.ie !!!:):pac:

I told you guys that any Church whose Creeds begins with the words 'I believe in God the Father Creator of Heaven and Earth and all things visible and invisible' ... is a Creationist Church. :)

Good point Penn.

As Jesus died for our sins, Christianity is soundly based on Him and His Merciful and Loving Self.:)

Why would God have made an evil tree in the garden of Eden if he didn't want anyone to eat from it? if he gave humans free will and was omnipotent then he knew they'd eat from it since he knows everything. He basically rendered mankind as sinners before we were even given a chance. I had a relative who was the most devoted Christian you'd ever meet and she didn't even believe in Adam and Eve. That whole "evidence" thing cropping up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why would God
    Because god.

Gordon wrote: »
    Because god.

JC's base argument, it's essentially the same as when your mother would say "cos that's the why" when you asked why you had to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

JC's base argument, it's essentially the same as when your mother would say "cos that's the why" when you asked why you had to do something.

At least your mother was real and there in front of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

And the wooden spoon was a real tangible threat, unlike burning in hellfire for eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Good point Penn.

Exactly how hard did you hit your head?

One of the reasons that a friend became an Evolutionist when he was a 7-year old, was because his mother told him that he grew (spontaneously) under a Cabbage Plant.
    ... he is still an Evolutionist ... and still believes in the spontaneity of his 'origins' ... mother's can have a great impact allright!!!;)

He is a great guy ... who can take a joke ... and he can be equally impactful in his retorts.

Why would God have made an evil tree in the garden of Eden if he didn't want anyone to eat from it? if he gave humans free will and was omnipotent then he knew they'd eat from it since he knows everything. He basically rendered mankind as sinners before we were even given a chance. I had a relative who was the most devoted Christian you'd ever meet and she didn't even believe in Adam and Eve. That whole "evidence" thing cropping up again.
    God didn't make the occult tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil ... that would be Satan's doing.
    God gave Adam and Eve free-will ... but warned them not to join Satan and his occult system ... and they abused their free will ... and the rest is History.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Exactly how hard did you hit your head?
    I didn't hit my head ... but I did 'hit the nail on the head' allright ... with my intellectual 'hammer'.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I didn't hit my head ... but I did 'hit the nail on the head' allright ... with my intellectual 'hammer'.:)

And gave yourself an intellectual concussion judging by the nonsensical ramblings of your last few posts. I'd like to ask 'proof please?' to the quoted post below but I think all I'll get is beliefs, anecdotes and more mental gymnastics, none of which count for data. My comments in red
    Good point Penn.

M2M Evolution isn't real, Adam & Eve happened eh, yes it is and no it didn't, na na na na
    Adam & Eve happened ... and Eve ate from the fruit of the (Occult) Tree (System) of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. WTF? Any proof or supporting evidence for this quite extraordinary claim?
    Eve ate of this occult Knowledge, and this was the Original Sin Again WTF? and again any proof or supporting evidence for this quite extraordinary claim?
    As there was Original Sin, God didn't intentionally make us all sinners ... Adam and Eve did that. (deep breath and a BIG if) if he was their creator then he knowingly created them with the capacity to sin ergo he created them as sinners
    As God didn't intentionally make us all sinners, Jesus died in perfect atonement for our sins As above, by your beliefs god did create Adam and Eve and by extension, the rest of us as sinners ergo JC died for nothing
    As Jesus died for our sins, Christianity is soundly based on Him and His Merciful and Loving Self. flawed logic leads to a flawed conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Are you 10 years old? What a monumentally immature response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Gintonious wrote: »
    Are you 10 years old? What a monumentally immature response.
    Whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

God didn't make the occult tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil ... that would be Satan's doing.
    God gave Adam and Eve free-will ... but warned them not to join Satan and his occult system ... and they abused their free will ... and the rest is History.
    Which of the many different versions of the christian bible do you take your version of history from? The KJV states that the tree was made by him:

"And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

And it only mentions a serpent, not the devil that told Adam and Eve to eat the fruit. Maybe that's because the christian god had only just created everything, and therefore the christian devil hadn't had enough time to have his big battle and become ousted and fallen and with a chip on his shoulder.

Maybe you can provide links to show your version of the christian history?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

One of the reasons that a friend became an Evolutionist when he was a 7-year old, was because his mother told him that he grew (spontaneously) under a Cabbage Plant.
    ... he is still an Evolutionist ... and still believes in the spontaneity of his 'origins' ... mother's can have a great impact allright!!!;)

He is a great guy ... who can take a joke ... and he can be equally impactful in his retorts.

No wonder you struggle with science. That definitely isn't evolution.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement