Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cabra

Options
  • 17-02-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey all,

Moving to Carnlough road in a few weeks, near the junction of Fassaugh Avenue, just wondering what the place is like at night and where the nearest 39a bus stop is?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

120 and 122 buses will get you into town within 20/30 minutes, 120 goes most of Carnlough Road then turns left onto Fassaugh Avenue, 122 coming from Navan road onto Fassaugh Avenue then turns right onto Carnlough Road

if you want to get the 39s you'll have to walk 15/20 minutes to get to Navan road, if your walking to end of Carnlough Road u turn right then left you can get 39 there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

it'd be just over a tenner, I regularly leave my car there. costs me 18 home to blanchardstown

try 121

39a is no use.

38 is better

old canra or new cabra road?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

amtc wrote: »
    try 121

121 is no longer in service for Cabra routes your best bet is 120, 122

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Split from old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A.m.f.

Thanks all! and as for the carnlough road area near Fassaugh, is it ok?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

A.m.f. wrote: »
    Thanks all! and as for the carnlough road area near Fassaugh, is it ok?

Yeah, it's grand, like many areas that close to the CC it's mostly older people settled there for 40 years or so, with the oldest dying off and being replaced by the younger generation.

Quiet enough, but as with all areas, in all cities in the world, keep your wits about you, especially when it's dark. If you don't go looking for (real) trouble, it generally doesn't find you.

go for it, it's close to town, close to decent transport, decent shops

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

Yeah, it's grand, like many areas that close to the CC it's mostly older people settled there for 40 years or so, with the oldest dying off and being replaced by the younger generation.

Quiet enough, but as with all areas, in all cities in the world, keep your wits about you, especially when it's dark. If you don't go looking for (real) trouble, it generally doesn't find you.

go for it, it's close to town, close to decent transport, decent shops

+1 on this , BUT there can be gangs of youngfellas that hang around at the shops all night. They generally wouldn't say anything but it can be a bit intimidating . Especially during any snow or the period around Halloween ! But location wise its great , from carnlough to get a 39a you can cut through cabra drive to old cabra road.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Hi, I'm currently looking at moving to a house in Cabra - Carnlough Road. My fiancee is a bit worried that the area is rough and she wouldn't feel safe walking to the shops etc. Anyone have experience of the area? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hi, I'm currently looking at moving to a house in Cabra - Carnlough Road. My fiancee is a bit worried that the area is rough and she wouldn't feel safe walking to the shops etc. Anyone have experience of the area? Any advice?

Working class area, Don't bother anyone and they won't bother you..Close to town, decent amenities and decent people on the whole.

I figured that to be the case. I think it was the fact that she drove through and there were loads of young lads hanging around. To be fair they don't really have anywhere else to go though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ventry used to be bad avoid the Cabra House pub McGraths is about the best pub there or the Finbars.
    Good luck in your new home.

thanks for the replies folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

She was probably down by The Cabra House pub and the shops, the place is full of scum. The Navan Rd end of Carnlough isn't too bad but I'd avoid Fassaugh Avenue day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Why its not that bad

Advertisement