Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eutelsat 10 Degrees

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Spent a couple of hours yesterdy tring to tune in Eutelsat 10 but to no avail - kept picking up Hotbird stations :(

I figured that my LNB should be about an inch away from my Hotbird LNB.

Can anyone advise which transponder/station is strongest on Eutelsat 10 or indeed should I be aiming for Eutelsat 9 and if so which is the strongest transponder/station there?

Thank you

Iba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

try 12596H should be al sharqia news, of the top of me head, well used to be :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Premier wrote: »
    try 12596H should be al sharqia news, of the top of me head, well used to be :o

Thank you

Just read that on the triax multi-bracket arm, it can pick up sats between 3degrees to 20degrees if placed in the central position ie in the way it is meant to be.

Now mine is modified and placed upside down. At one end I have a LNB for Astra 28 (it is totally at the end, any further and it will fall off).

So Im wondering that perhaps its not possible to get Eutelsat with what I have because obviously 20 degrees minus 3 degrees = 17 degrees (gives a span of 17 Degrees)

and therfore 28 degrees minus 17 degrees = 11 degrees

so by placing an LNB at the other end of the bracket, is 11 Degrees the furthest sat I can reach?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

iba wrote: »
    Just read that on the triax multi-bracket arm, it can pick up sats between 3degrees to 20degrees if placed in the central position ie in the way it is meant to be.

Now mine is modified and placed upside down. At one end I have a LNB for Astra 28 (it is totally at the end, any further and it will fall off).

So Im wondering that perhaps its not possible to get Eutelsat with what I have because obviously 20 degrees minus 3 degrees = 17 degrees (gives a span of 17 Degrees)

and therfore 28 degrees minus 17 degrees = 11 degrees

so by placing an LNB at the other end of the bracket, is 11 Degrees the furthest sat I can reach?

Thanks

Yes it is possible to get it with that setup.

The span is actually more than 20degrees on those triax multibrackets.

Like yourself I had 28.2 on one end and 4.8e on the other end, so that is the span! Well within 10e. And that was focussing on a TD88 dish. For aligning 10e I would suggest aligning on 9e fiest and then using Al Jazeera Children TP on 10e. Its ever so slightly to the left looking at the dish.

Nothing on 10e now though if its PLTV you were thinking of. The odd feed thats about it. You may wish to start looking at 39 if its footie.

STB wrote: »
    Yes it is possible to get it with that setup.

The span is actually more than 20degrees on those triax multibrackets.

Like yourself I had 28.2 on one end and 4.8e on the other end, so that is the span! Well within 10e. And that was focussing on a TD88 dish. For aligning 10e I would suggest aligning on 9e fiest and then using Al Jazeera Children TP on 10e. Its ever so slightly to the left looking at the dish.

Nothing on 10e now though if its PLTV you were thinking of. The odd feed thats about it. You may wish to start looking at 39 if its footie.

Hi STB,

BTW, Got that info about the span here:

http://www.zintek.ie/satellite-dishes/accessories/triax-td-multiblock.html

but of course I could be reading it wrong.

But of course I trust your knowledge more than any website.

Yes of course it is PLTV I wanted to get :)

So whats on 39?

So ive got my two 8*1 Diseqc switches. Got a Junction Box from the Sparky shop which Ive drilled some holes into to run the cables through. It fits the Diseqc switches perfectly. So just wanted to add two more sats (I reckon I can fit 6 lnbs on the bracket) - probably just to have them rather than ever actually use them :)

So if I went for 39, I could do 39, 28, 26, 19, 16 and 13 or would I end up losing 13?

Trying to source two extra Triax LNB holders now - all the websites I found sell them with the bar and I dont need the bar. Or should I get the bar too and join the two bars together?

Also whilst Im at it, that Inverto Black Ultra that I thought i got for xmas was not in fact an Inverto Black Ultra but rather an Inverto Black Premium. Did a bit of googling but cant figure out what the difference is between them - dont suppose you know which one is best (I use my best LNB for Badr 26)

Update: I think sat-planet.ie is going to give me two LNB holders (maybe even for free); just spoke to him on the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

you wouldnt get 39 on that setup. Also 39 east is very low to the ground this far west. I set one up for some Bulgarians not to long ago, you really need a clear line of sight low down towards the horizon.

You would be best to get a seperate dish for 39 east.

snaps wrote: »
    you wouldnt get 39 on that setup. Also 39 east is very low to the ground this far west. I set one up for some Bulgarians not to long ago, you really need a clear line of sight low down towards the horizon.

You would be best to get a seperate dish for 39 east.

Thanks Snaps - I guess then that you would need a big dish for this sat too?

What 6 sats would you suggest then, bearing in mind that my prime focus is Badr 26?

Had basically decided on going for 39, 28.2, 26, 23.5, 19 and 16

Thanks Snaps - I guess then that you would need a big dish for this sat too?

What 6 sats would you suggest then, bearing in mind that my prime focus is Badr 26?

Had basically decided on going for 39, 28.2, 26, 23.5, 19 and 16
    well if your focus is 26 it may work. The lnb would have to be high on the bracket (as satellite is low). If I remember though, some transponders on 39 are strong and some weak so an off set lnb may not work. The dish I put up was a 90cm. It was ok, but there was rain fade on the weaker beams.
    I'm not sure what extra channels are on 39 east than 23.5 east if we are talking Bulgarian? Or is it Greek your after?

well if your focus is 26 it may work. The lnb would have to be high on the bracket (as satellite is low). If I remember though, some transponders on 39 are strong and some weak so an off set lnb may not work. The dish I put up was a 90cm. It was ok, but there was rain fade on the weaker beams.
    I'm not sure what extra channels are on 39 east than 23.5 east if we are talking Bulgarian? Or is it Greek your after?

39E > 19E works no problem with the Triax bracket. 13E is beyond the extent of the bracket on my initial tests.

The encryption of Skylink/CSLink channels is in transition on 23.

39E > 19E works no problem with the Triax bracket. 13E is beyond the extent of the bracket on my initial tests.

The encryption of Skylink/CSLink channels is in transition on 23.

Skylink/CSlink channels are not on 39 east? I thought Bulsat (Bulgarian) is duplicated on 39east from 23.5east?

• Advertisement

Skylink/CSlink channels are not on 39 east? I thought Bulsat (Bulgarian) is duplicated on 39east from 23.5east?

Skylink are on 23.5E. They are Czech and Slovakian stations.

Bulsat are on 39E. Bulgarian.

They do host some common stations albeit with different language stream and encryption. Diema for example.

Thanks Snaps - doing it just 4 fun and experimentation.

Wish I could change the name of this thread to 39 now instead of 10, but alas.

Skylink are on 23.5E. They are Czech and Slovakian stations.

Bulsat are on 39E. Bulgarian.

They do host some common stations albeit with different language stream and encryption. Diema for example.
    bulsat are also on 23.5

bulsat are also on 23.5

I am not getting into why someone might choose 39 over 23 snaps.

Also whilst Im at it, that Inverto Black Ultra that I thought i got for xmas was not in fact an Inverto Black Ultra but rather an Inverto Black Premium. Did a bit of googling but cant figure out what the difference is between them - dont suppose you know which one is best (I use my best LNB for Badr 26)

Update: I think sat-planet.ie is going to give me two LNB holders (maybe even for free); just spoke to him on the phone

Inverto Black Ultra are the good ones for weak TPs. I have read numerous theories on why they perform better than other LNBs from long feed horn to being suited to certain type dishes to components used. None of them were that convincing. They do work though!

You must be a good customer of Mikhail. :)

Inverto Black Ultra are the good ones for weak TPs. I have read numerous theories on why they perform better than other LNBs from long feed horn to being suited to certain type dishes to components used. None of them were that convincing. They do work though!

You must be a good customer of Mikhail. :)

Not overly so but I have bought a few things from him in the past. For example, bought a diseqc switch from him before and all my F connectors were too big for it so i sent it back and he gave me a replacement (and 5 F connectors) and paid for my postage. Diseqc switch obviously had a manufacturing fault.

maybe he is watching me on here coz I always recommend his shop because he is, in my opionion, by far the cheapest.

He is posting to me today:

'Sorry, find only one full and two halfs, hope will help.
    Will post tomorrow'

So 100% fair play to him, but not sure what Ill do with the 2 halfs :)

Didnt know that was his name, thought it was Mike, but same difference

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If the halves are the base part of the holders, its easy to use a cable tie to secure the LNB into the holder.
    Also with trying to get tight spacing on the Triax multibar, I've found that it can be easier to jury rig a mount via cableties or jubilee clips ;-) ie. mounting the Lnb directly to the adjacent LNB to gain a little bit of space.
    as often the holder itself can be a bit big to allow correct spacing(on the TD88 at least) altho that may not be an issue on your TD110 dish.

banie01 wrote: »
    If the halves are the base part of the holders, its easy to use a cable tie to secure the LNB into the holder.
    Also with trying to get tight spacing on the Triax multibar, I've found that it can be easier to jury rig a mount via cableties or jubilee clips ;-) ie. mounting the Lnb directly to the adjacent LNB to gain a little bit of space.
    as often the holder itself can be a bit big to allow correct spacing(on the TD88 at least) altho that may not be an issue on your TD110 dish.

Hi Banie,

long time no see.

jubilee clips - thats a good idea

wont know till the post man comes if the holders are top or bottom.

Im using a garden tie (I cant think of a better word for it) to hold my black ultra (26) in place at the moment - see pic.

Yes your right, the holders do tend to be a bit big

hopefully the numbers can be seen now

• Advertisement

The skew on 13east looks all wrong, but it could be the photo. Really surprised you're getting 26/28 east with that spacing.

The skew on 13east looks all wrong, but it could be the photo. Really surprised you're getting 26/28 east with that spacing.

Spacing becomes wider on a bigger dish. Its a 110cm dish right ? On a TD88 they are bang smack up against each other. Unfortunately that means 39E would be a no no on a 110 without loosing 13E.

@ IBA to get 39 without adjusting the dish, take the bracket off and use the pre drilled hole between 13 and 19 as your centre as shown in your photo. Slide the 39E to the far right. 19 will be at the very other end. Your other 2 lnbs in the centre do not change position - you will have to push them back down of course to where they were, the bracket has effectively just slid to the right. The tilt should obviously be full up on the 39 side.

Only seeing these posts now - thanks guys.

Advertisement