Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indie drummer wanted

• 18-02-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi there,

Since the start of the year myself and another guy (both early 30s) have been getting together at the Rehearsal Room in Dublin 8 at weekends to play guitar/write songs.

The basic idea has been just to sit down, play and see if anything good comes out of it. It's going reasonably well so far and I think we are starting to get the bones of some decent tunes together. The vibe is fairly alternative/indie. Bands we like include DIIV, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Teenage Fanclub, Yuck, Real Estate, Frightened Rabbit, Low, Mazzy Star, Lanterns on the Lake, Youth Lagoon, Wye Oak etc..

At this stage we are mainly writing stuff with a view to seeing where it goes. The ideal would be to ultimately get a band together but we are quite relaxed - i.e. no pressure!

Anyways we think it would be good to introduce some drums to the mix so if you are interested feel free to give me a buzz.

All the best,

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Citizensmith

Hi David
    I'm in my 40's, based in Dublin 8 & looking for a casual band or bunch of guys to jam with. Don't have time to commit to anything serious or time-consuming but once a week or so would be grand.
    I'm not a brilliant drummer (took a long break from it) so don't expect too much, but if you haven't got anyone yet, maybe let me know and we could talk or meet up for a jam & see how it goes
    Thanks
    Hans

Advertisement