Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing on in Carlow

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I am looking for advice on the best time to apply for the dole in Carlow Town. It's my first time singing on anywhere so I haven't a clue what to expect. Any advice as to when is a good time to go ?. Days and times to avoid also would be useful. I really could do without queuing for hours. Thanks in advance of replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I am looking for advice on the best time to apply for the dole in Carlow Town. It's my first time singing on anywhere so I haven't a clue what to expect. Any advice as to when is a good time to go ?. Days and times to avoid also would be useful. I really could do without queuing for hours. Thanks in advance of replies.
    You will be queingnfor ages when you go back to sign on so it makes little difference but generally early in the morning would be the best time, try to be there when the office opens and have all your docuumentation ready

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

When I signed on I went early, as it was my first time i didn't have to que for long as I was not collecting a payment so didnt have to go to a counter, Lady was very nice and helpful and was not there for long at all, of course could be different now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Biggest issue/worry I had when going in to sign on first was where to actually go, as i'd never been in the office before.

You need to go to the counter on the far right. If you're first to the door, stay on right as you walk in the door, i think it may be signed "information" (might be wrong on this).

If you go in and there are already people there, the queue will form along the side wall, and then down the office parallel to the street - just ask someone where the end of the queue for information is.

IIRC, if it's your first time going in to the office, you'll be given a list of items to gather and return for a specific date. Thought it definitely would be no harm to have as much with you as possible. (P45 / P60, ID, proof of address etc)

Advertisement