Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling bins in Maynooth

• 18-02-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Was wondering if someone could help, my girlfriend and I live in College Green and are a slight bit confused on what to do with our recycling, we only have a landfill waste bin and getting a recycling bin is a bit too expensive on a college budget.

Are we able to buy the blue and white bin bags on this side of the country and would they be picked up? Or is getting the big plastic bins the only way?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your bin company should provide a green (dry recyclables) bin FOC with the main one - all the suppliers I've used do. Give them a ring and ask. They usually want more money for a brown (compostable) one.

There are no bag tagging operators here, there are pay by use bin companies but they have standing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Not sure if there is a cost to use this facility, but if you have access to a car a quick spin out to the recycling centre in Dunboyne might suit your needs?

http://www.thorntons-recycling.ie/domestic-civic-amenity-centres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Think there's a cost for that. But the centre behind Coolmine Fire Station is free for domestic recycling - only a few minutes further than Dunboyne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Iamthepast wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was wondering if someone could help, my girlfriend and I live in College Green and are a slight bit confused on what to do with our recycling, we only have a landfill waste bin and getting a recycling bin is a bit too expensive on a college budget.

Are we able to buy the blue and white bin bags on this side of the country and would they be picked up? Or is getting the big plastic bins the only way?

Thanks for any help!
    are they Allied bins, Allied have a bin tag option that the waste bin is €8 and the recycling bin is €4 but no standing charge, just buy the tags as and when needed.

Advertisement