Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Roundabout By the Beach

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Twoelles wrote: »
    as a previous tenant of Atlantic coast, I welcome it. There are always a serious amount of bumps and near misses from idiots who couldn't understand the previous lay out of the road, at lease with a round about they might actually know what direction to point their car in ..... however the loss of those parking spaces for a walkway is just plain stupid.

thought it looked well myself, there are other places to park in tramore beside beach front. What i did notice is cars travelling too fast along beach front, kids running out, needs serious amount of ramps, road narrows and well highlighted pedestrian signs to slow things right down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Driver need to also take note of the no entry signs and road markings off the roundabout. Some people are still driving down the wrong way(locals included!)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Barring a hot weekend (alas a rarity) there is no problem parking in Tramore. However, there is a shortage of safe areas to cross for pedestrians. As per usual, people see the almighty car as supreme and those on foot being irrelevant.

The new roundabout has eliminated what, 20 spaces? big deal, there is still over 1500 spaces available in the area.

I think the new roundabout is great, a real boon to the area. Once the new road is built (it was held up by a landowner and then a lack of finance) access to the area will be so much better, and safer.

As for the painting, it is a cheap way to spruce up a place. In a time when there is very little money to do anything, at least there is a effort on helping the appearance to the Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

It will be interesting to see how a roundabout without drainage works.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just went round the roundabout this afternoon (for the first time, and I live here!) and I think they have done a good job. It looks bright and organised, and much better than the rather ramshackle junction that was there before. The pebble and concrete finish is sensible and looks appropriate, and I love the planting on the main roundabout, very attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

I saw this roundabout at the weekend. I love the "unfinished" look about it, it really blends in with the surroundings. Will they ever get around to completing it, I wonder?

Advertisement