Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I switch with an outstanding balance?

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Or can the balance be transferred? I am sick of Airtricity making mistakes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Wildlifeboy,

It is not possible to transfer a balance between suppliers; the balance is required to be 0. This is following a directive in 2011 from the Commission for Energy Regulation (CER).

Should a customer be keen on making a switch ASAP, if they send a meter reading to their supplier, this will generate exactly what is owing, and once the customer pays it off, they are in a position to commence the switch.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Hi as far as I know DONT THINK YOU CAN BRING OVER TO DIFFERENT PROVIDER! You need a 0 balance! ask airtricity for a final bill it takes usually 2weeks to change between providers thats what I did just make sure when you cancel direct debit ON YOUR END with airtricity you ring them to say too cause they just keep taking they did to me!

Advertisement