Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no privacy for my poor puppy :)

• 18-02-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody!
    I bought with a credit gift that I had on amazon a wireless webcam.
    Yesterday I've installed it in my garden and today I was watching what poor jago is doing :D
    There is my laptop on the garden door and the other webcam.
    Ehehe.
    Unfortunately I cannot hear (need to undesrtand how it works) but I can see him quite good.
    He has been sleeping until now, going out only for few minutes from his dog house..
    Now he is walking around the garden, sniffing a bit and went back in his kennel.
    It's funny :P
    Anyone else doing that?

I am doing to see if he is suffering / acting weird or crying - barking.. and I am also curios :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I videoed my pair a couple of years ago when there were complaints about them barking. Most of the time it was just a video of an empty garden. Occasionally one of them would come out of the kennel, sniff about, wee, and then go back in to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭granturismo

Good idea.

Anyone got details of a good wireless cam with sound, that I could access at work?

An indoor camera would do.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I would love to do this, everyday when I come home, Libby has knocked all the cushions off the two couches in the living room and the small one in the kitchen. I’d love to know at what stage of the day she does this and what’s going through her little head!

Good idea.

Anyone got details of a good wireless cam with sound, that I could access at work?

An indoor camera would do.

thanks.

Check ebay or Amazon. You should be able to get one for around €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Actually I bought a normal wireless webcam and put it in a box and mounted outdoor.
    The problem is that it doesn't come with a software for streaming that could be quite complex.
    So I am accessing my laptop using TeamViewer and checking the webcams from there at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

It's a great idea I have to say! I would love to spy on our two when both of us are out, I'm sure Lily paces up and down the whole time because she always falls asleep 2 minutes after we get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭granturismo

kylith wrote: »
    Check ebay or Amazon. You should be able to get one for around €20

I did but would prefer to know if anyone was using one and what model it was rather than trying to decipher the reviews on amazon. Good luck getting a wireless camera that works for €20.

I did but would prefer to know if anyone was using one and what model it was rather than trying to decipher the reviews on amazon. Good luck getting a wireless camera that works for €20.

Wireless, maybe not, but webcams still start at around €15 for ones with a built in mic. I can't help with models though; I used the one built into OH's laptop.

I don't remember how much was mine but I will tell you..
    Let me try it a bit more than I could say if it's good or not :P

It's funny to see him!
    In these days that is cold I am leaving him in the kitchen with access to the garden.
    He is always in his bed in the kitchen :P
    Well I can't monitor for 9 hours but I see that he sleeps a lot, it's funny to watch him ehehe

To be honest I am not happy with my wireless webcam.
    I was cheaper than the outdoor but not the cheapest bad one.
    The battery doesn't last long, just moving it disassemble itself :P and in general it's way better the integrated webcam of my old old laptop that I am using only for this purpose, than this one!
    So if you really need a wireless webcam maybe it's worth to buy a good one (or to find at least a way to leave it connected to a power source)

• Advertisement
Advertisement