Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Thread Split] VHI Global Health Insurance

Options
  • 18-02-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Have just seen this thread and would be grateful for advice/opinions. I pay VHI Global policies for two sone, one living in the UK, the other in France. These cost €1,100 each. Am I crazy? The son in UK says to cancel because he is happy with the NHS. The son in France is more problematical because his income is low and I don't know how well he is connected to the French social support system. Would really appreciate feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I thought France had a very good health care system. He should check to see if he qualifies. Re the UK son, he should be fine on the NHS since not many in the UK have private health insurance.

The only reason to keep payments going would be that if they came back to ireland they would be able to show they've had no break in their private health care cover and so would not have to serve long waiting times for pre existing conditions. VHI global is very expensive but this to me would be the only reason to have it for your sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaygibbons

Many thanks, cookie1977. I think they'll have to take their chances...

Advertisement