Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems logging into Zune and Upgrading to Windows 7.8 on Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Ph

Options
  • 18-02-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I'm having problems with my windows phone running Windows 7,5 onNokia Lumia 800

When I try to login Zune with my Hotmail login id and password- Im getting the following - See attached png file -Phone1.png.

I don't understand what is wrong here as my control panelsetting are set to English United Kingdom. The region on the phone itself is also set to United Kingdom

If I go to www.windowsphone.com I canlog in fine with this Hotmail alias andpassword and see my phone listed

Thoughts? Whats wrong here - What am I doing wrong here. This ishappening both on Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines

Also, Zune isn't picking up any updates at all for my Nokia Lumia. For example its not picking upthe update for windows 7.8.

I'm searching for Software updates for Zune andPhone updates and both are telling me that I am up to date. I've been told that the win 7.8 upgrade for Nokia Lumia is available at this time for install so it should be getting picked up

For the OS its telling me that im up to date andhave OS version 7.10.8773.98. The same thing happens if i try to forcethe update via the steps at - http://www.wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience. No luck - I cant get the update to force and am told im up to date withthis version.
    Auto detecting updates on thephone is turned on, but i not sure what i need to do to turn this on as tome everything in zune and on the phone looks set correctly

What am I doing wrong for both of these. What do i need to do to getthese to work?
    Thoughts?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You might need to use an email address that was created in the UK or change the location settings on the phone, computer and Zune to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks GarIT

Changing location to Ireland on the computer. I am now able to login Zune - thanks for that :-)

Where or how in Zune do I change the location setting to Ireland ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Depending on the operating system and version of Zune, Zune may just copy the location from Windows. If you can log into Zune you can assume that the location in Zune is set to Ireland.

A bit of info that might help you. Whether you can get an update depends solely on the network that the phone was originally intended for, once an update is released for the phone your carrier has to approve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks for the reply. Spoke with both Nokia who confirmed that the update is available in Ireland. THey advise me to speak to my mobile provider(o2 in this case) to see if they have deployed/appoved it for deployment/appear as an update yet on their network.

I have contacted them and am waiting for them to come back regarding this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've debranded about 6 of ours so far using the steps described here

Worked fine. I used the latest UK generic firmware and it updated them all to 7.8

Note that if the handset was previously network unlocked, this process will re-lock it so you'll need the code again - I was given them by our provider and the same code worked fine.

Just remember that this will reset the phone to factory defaults and don't forget to change the Regional/Language settings to Ireland afterwards or the Market won't work.

Proceed at own risk tho etc etc..

• Advertisement
Advertisement