Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Liquids for Beginners

Options
  • 18-02-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Just a suggestion - perhaps one of the mods or more experienced vapers could do up a list of e-liquids and a sticky that beginners should start off with - I know everyone says its personal taste - however from what I can see and from experiencing flavours over the last month there are a few that are fairly standard and ones that people can't really go wrong with - just as a starting point I would recommend people try the following at least (without getting into the different vendors etc.)

a) RY4

b) Usa Mix

c) a Menthol Flavour

For people starting out - theres a danger that if someone were to pick some of the fancier ones they would be completely turned off the whole vaping thing - I know that in the 5 sample ones I got originally two of them were two sickly sweet for my tastes
    I've listed a couple above however I would think that some of the more experienced vapers could come up with a list of say 5-10 that would cover most of the big ones in terms of taste

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

house of liquid - el toro cigarillos naturales
    highbrow vapour - strawberry lemonade
    t-juice - uksmokes/cubana/usa reds/hermono rubio.. any of the t-juice tobaccos really
    t-juice high voltage for a really good menthol/cherry combo
    liqua - american tobacco/bright tobacco are nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Do the e-liquids go in any of the products/vapers?

Sorry - newbie question, but really don't know anything about this.

yeah, liquid isn't device specific generally speaking, it'll go in anything

there are some liquids that aren't ideal for some devices though... thicker liquids (higher in VG, gives more vapour but isn't as good at carrying flavour) can be a bit tricky to use in some devices.. but you generally have to go looking for juices that are high in VG so if you're not looking for them it won't be something you'll have to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Thanks for your advice Sir Digby on this thread - have tried all of your recommendations (except the lemonade one) - and the liqua american tobacco is definitely one of my favourates -

Its actually amazing how taste does change - even over the course of a couple of weeks.
    One of my other current favourates is the wingnuts honeywood tobacco - which i nearly binned 5 weeks ago when I started first - thought it tasted like perfume.

Anyways the liqua american tobacco is definitely one that I would recommend to beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jeanjeani

Has anyone besides myself had a problem with bestecig.ie juices? I ordered 2 bottles and they didnt even taste like coffee or coconut they tasted like black oil and veg oil. I havent ever had a problem with tjuice, dekang, wingnuts, or liqua from other companies. They are all good and wingnuts is just as good as tjuice just less expensive. i havent ordered from bestecig since that 1 time. I wont again for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

A question from a newbie,been on the vip e cigs for the last 4 months,bought them of groupon for €25 and still not gone,value for money,huh.Seem to use it less than cigs even though some one said that I would never get the purported 800 cigs that was supposed to be in it.

Question is I have never liked flavoured cigs but fancy trying a slight cigar tasting vape,anyone know the best one to try at the least cost and I would also like to keep it looking as much like a real ciggarete if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I've bought Halo Freedom and people said it taste like cigars. Doesn't taste like cigars to me but you could try buying the 7ml tester size bottle of that. Probably something from the House of Liquids, El Toros would be in for consideration too.

t-juice cubana from ezsmoke.ie maybe
    nice dark flavour to it

Tjuice cabana maybe i know tjuice is very good vape and right now there is a special through ezsmoke.ie

Thanks guys,will have a look at these and chose one.

• Advertisement

Just on the ez smoke site,seem to be out of a lot of stuff.They are doing a 30ml bottle for €12.95 of cubanita,is this good value and how long do you think that size would last.Could someone guide me to the best starter kit to go with this as I am a bit confused between all the products on there and have never used liquid before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

jeanjeani wrote: »
    Has anyone besides myself had a problem with bestecig.ie juices? I ordered 2 bottles and they didnt even taste like coffee or coconut they tasted like black oil and veg oil. I havent ever had a problem with tjuice, dekang, wingnuts, or liqua from other companies. They are all good and wingnuts is just as good as tjuice just less expensive. i havent ordered from bestecig since that 1 time. I wont again for anything.

It seems JeanJeani may have a very strange palate. I have never had any complaints about my liquids and to make a statement like they tasted like black oil and veg oil... well, for a 1st post, I personally couldn't rate your opinion regarding e-liquids and could raise an eyebrow as you why it was made...then quickly followed by quick recommendations of other liquids.
    A more informed opinion for boards users may be an independent regular boards vaper which reviewed my liquids before and had this to say:
    Bestecig.ie Tobbaco VG 24mg;

This will always be a subjective thing but this flavour is the closest I've EVER got to smoking a real cigarette, I'm actually blown away by how close this is to analogues - no trace of sweetness at all.

Vapour 9.5/10.
    Taste 9.5/10

Bestecig.ie Cigar VG 24mg;

Again, the closest I've had to had to a Cigar but in fairness I was never a regular Cigar smoker. In comparison to the liqua (which I do like ) there's no sweetness and the vapour smells real - this could be a bad thing as I'm a workplace user.

Vapour 9.5/10
    Taste 8.5/10

The Bestecig fluids are top notch but the thing to note is that they're all VG which could be a prob for the Ego T users out there. "end of Quote"

I Just believe it is only fair to be allowed to defend myself when I find comments that are made to be totally unjustified. Its one thing to have an opinion... its quite another to slate someones business in the manner which is simply untrue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

It seems JeanJeani may have a very strange palate. I have never had any complaints about my liquids and to make a statement like they tasted like black oil and veg oil... well, for a 1st post, I personally couldn't rate your opinion regarding e-liquids and could raise an eyebrow as you why it was made...then quickly followed by quick recommendations of other liquids.
    A more informed opinion for boards users may be an independent regular boards vaper which reviewed my liquids before and had this to say:

This will always be a subjective thing but this flavour is the closest I've EVER got to smoking a real cigarette, I'm actually blown away by how close this is to analogues - no trace of sweetness at all.

Vapour 9.5/10.
    Taste 9.5/10

Again, the closest I've had to had to a Cigar but in fairness I was never a regular Cigar smoker. In comparison to the liqua (which I do like ) there's no sweetness and the vapour smells real - this could be a bad thing as I'm a workplace user.

Vapour 9.5/10
    Taste 8.5/10

The Bestecig fluids are top notch but the thing to note is that they're all VG which could be a prob for the Ego T users out there. "end of Quote"

I Just believe it is only fair to be allowed to defend myself when I find comments that are made to be totally unjustified. Its one thing to have an opinion... its quite another to slate someones business in the manner which is simply untrue.

uh oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I've also vaped bestecig eliquids and they tasted fine to me. I didn't come across one of their liquids I didn't like actually. However if I tried enough of them I'm sure I'd find a few I won't like.

Every 'brand' of eliquid has flavours I don't like, and flavours I like in fairness.

The first bottle of Liquia brand (I think it's called) Grape flavour (I love grape) tasted like some kind of perfumy thing to me, so I never bought that brand again. However I've heard loads of people rave about it.

tipptom wrote: »
    Just on the ez smoke site,seem to be out of a lot of stuff.They are doing a 30ml bottle for €12.95 of cubanita,is this good value and how long do you think that size would last.Could someone guide me to the best starter kit to go with this as I am a bit confused between all the products on there and have never used liquid before.

That's good value for decent liquid - actually alot of the Irish sites seem to be running low on good quality tobacco tasting juices at the moment.
    If I were you though I would go with the 10ml bottle first though

In terms of the liquid - what strength were you on before ?
    If you buy small (5-10mls) of a couple of different types you might be better off at the start until you find a favorite.
    Say the cubana 10mls and maybe a dekang sample pack - if you are going with ezsmoke.

How long 30 mls will last you will depend on how much you vape.
    Average varies from person to person however a five ml bottle should last you more than a full day (vaping very heavily)
    Lists at the start of the thread are a good starting point in terms of picking a liquid.

On the ecig - it depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to stick with a small form factor (size as the vip) or ego size (think cuban cigar) etc etc.
    on ezsmoke - looks like they are out of a lot of starter stuff - it might be worth emailing them though as the website says end of February.
    if you search the other threads there are other recommendations for starter kits from other irish sellers - I wouldn't get too hung up on the cubana though - at least to start off with - most important thing is to move to a ecig system that is compatible with lots of other ones (that's whats meant when people are talking about ego and 510 threads etc.) Once you have that in place you can order whatever juice you like - and mix and match ecig parts to improve the vaping experience and save money (once you don't get carried away !)

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Anybody know what day it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Jesus, its NO SMOKING DAY !!!!

That's good value for decent liquid - actually alot of the Irish sites seem to be running low on good quality tobacco tasting juices at the moment.
    If I were you though I would go with the 10ml bottle first though

In terms of the liquid - what strength were you on before ?
    If you buy small (5-10mls) of a couple of different types you might be better off at the start until you find a favorite.
    Say the cubana 10mls and maybe a dekang sample pack - if you are going with ezsmoke.

How long 30 mls will last you will depend on how much you vape.
    Average varies from person to person however a five ml bottle should last you more than a full day (vaping very heavily)
    Lists at the start of the thread are a good starting point in terms of picking a liquid.

On the ecig - it depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to stick with a small form factor (size as the vip) or ego size (think cuban cigar) etc etc.
    on ezsmoke - looks like they are out of a lot of starter stuff - it might be worth emailing them though as the website says end of February.
    if you search the other threads there are other recommendations for starter kits from other irish sellers - I wouldn't get too hung up on the cubana though - at least to start off with - most important thing is to move to a ecig system that is compatible with lots of other ones (that's whats meant when people are talking about ego and 510 threads etc.) Once you have that in place you can order whatever juice you like - and mix and match ecig parts to improve the vaping experience and save money (once you don't get carried away !)

hope this helps
    Thanks for the info Rich,I do need to get something that is compatible just in case the cubana does not work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hi Guys
    Just a suggestion - perhaps one of the mods or more experienced vapers could do up a list of e-liquids and a sticky that beginners should start off with - I know everyone says its personal taste - however from what I can see and from experiencing flavours over the last month there are a few that are fairly standard and ones that people can't really go wrong with - just as a starting point I would recommend people try the following at least (without getting into the different vendors etc.)

a) RY4

b) Usa Mix

c) a Menthol Flavour

For people starting out - theres a danger that if someone were to pick some of the fancier ones they would be completely turned off the whole vaping thing - I know that in the 5 sample ones I got originally two of them were two sickly sweet for my tastes
    I've listed a couple above however I would think that some of the more experienced vapers could come up with a list of say 5-10 that would cover most of the big ones in terms of taste

Just starting here really, after 2 months on those iffy fake cig types.

I got myself an Ego C and bought some juices from best-ecig and Vapour Ireland's standard menthol.

I'm liking the best e-cig's strong mint more so than the menthol I have to say. It's more subtle/smokey, the menthol I got is a bit ... clinical.

Might try this RY4, heard a few people say it's good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I'd get RY4 and another tobacco flavour. When I tried RY4 the first time I was totally underwhelmed. Didn't really like it. But then... different liquid manufacturers have their own twists on various flavours. Same way coke from one company and another don't taste the same.

• Advertisement

I forgot to add I also got some regular tobacco from best e-cig, I got medium strength and after the mint it seems a little weak for me. Might grab some higher strength. It's nicer than the smokegreen tobacco at least, which I never really liked.

Couple of thoughts strike me here - I've been puffing on the ego now for over 8 weeks (happy out) - however I think even now I've become useless to recommend beginner liquids now at this point in terms of the ones I like
    The reason is as i said before - I reckon my taste has completely changed now.

What I can say though is lots of the smokers and ex-smokers in my immediate circle have tried my contraption at this stage - one of the things that I've noticed is that they consistently like higher strengths 18 mg and above more importantly than flavour. Any strength lower - and they just don't like it - I guess they are not getting throat/nicotene hit and that's the main thing for a beginner (hard core smoker).
    Smoking by its nature kills the taste buds so fancy flavours really aren't the most important thing at the start once the flavour is relatively pleasant - thats more important I think.

Also in terms of smokers trying it - the liqua american tobacco seems to be the one they like the most.
    Strangely they don't seem to like the 12mg El toro cigarellos - which I vape alot.

When recommending liquids for beginners - to get them to make the transition I guess the most important things are to make sure they start at a medium to high nicotine strength. A bog standard Dekang RY4/USA Mix/Menthol (from a decent source) might do the trick once its high strength
    After that the basic e liquids to experiment with would be ones the Sir Digby recommended I think - however for the first week or two its probably more important to have an innocuous higher strength eliquid (18mg or above)

el toro cigarillos is an acquired taste. a lot of people who love it really didn't like it at first and it took them a while to appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

el toro cigarillos is an acquired taste. a lot of people who love it really didn't like it at first and it took them a while to appreciate it.

True. When I first tried it I thought WTF this is not nice. Then I tried it again a little while later and found myself vaping it non stop for a few weeks. I definitely is an acquired taste, but it's worth it. I guess like drinking cognac and smoking cigars. No one who first tried it before probably thought mmmm this is tasty! No it's something you grow to really appreciate.

I'm trying some banana flavour from best shop ltd, it's actually really nice tasting, but there's no real hit from it. I got 12mg, I should have got 24. I also tried some blueberry from bestecig that is 24mg, and it's a much better hit. Very nice taste too. It's like having a Hubba bubba blueberry gum with a smoke - without the gunk, or chewing :D I might actually try a mix of the two together.

In my defense I have tried lots of different liquids. They all taste like they say. Some I won't try because it just doesn't sound appetizing. Sorry when you buy 2 liquids and they taste nothing like coffee at all and the other has not even a smell or taste of coconut. It turns me off to that buisness. Also the other places have original labels not just plain bottles with no labels. Im saying my experience is not unfair to ur company. Im jus sayin I won't order again. As a matter of fact I have a great palate BTW. I was a chef I do know what things taste like and should taste like. Im simply letting people know my experience.

I'm trying some banana flavour from best shop ltd, it's actually really nice tasting, but there's no real hit from it. I got 12mg, I should have got 24. I also tried some blueberry from bestecig that is 24mg, and it's a much better hit. Very nice taste too. It's like having a Hubba bubba blueberry gum with a smoke - without the gunk, or chewing :D I might actually try a mix of the two together.
    I have ordered from the best shop with correct labels on the bottles, I have to agree the banana is good and I have also just bought the caramel/toffee, pina-colada, coconut and coffee and they all taste great.

Vapour 9.5/10.
    Taste 9.5/10

Vapour 9.5/10
    Taste 8.5/10

I have been vaping since before Christmas. There is nothing wrong with my palate by the way. I have tried many great juices that taste like what they say and come with correct labels not just plain bottles that just say whats inside.. Your coffee tasted nothing like coffee and your coconut didnt smell like coconut or taste anything like a hint of coconut.. Others great if they like your vapes good for them I had a bad experience with only your vapes. So my apologies to you for not liking your 2 products. Maybe I should've fairly said just the coffee and coconut are bad...

I have been vaping since before Christmas. There is nothing wrong with my palate by the way. I have tried many great juices that taste like what they say and come with correct labels not just plain bottles that just say whats inside.. Your coffee tasted nothing like coffee and your coconut didnt smell like coconut or taste anything like a hint of coconut.. Others great if they like your vapes good for them I had a bad experience with only your vapes. So my apologies to you for not liking your 2 products. Maybe I should've fairly said just the coffee and coconut are bad...
    Its not unjustified for someone to have an opinion... an Oh an u have 2 reviews... ok .. I hardly see reviews. Which is my own fault I should have done research before I ordered. My bad for insulting you:eek:

• Advertisement

You know if you mix the caramel/toffee with a little coconut it taste exactly like the tjuice vamp vape.... I love mixing juices to get different flavors.:rolleyes:

Advertisement