Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Liquids for Beginners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The last few posts read like you've got multiple personality disorder, jeanjeani - you've even quoted your own post and seemed to argue with it! :D

But yeah, you've got a right to say what you want, it wasn't slanderous.
    Probably felt personal if he makes the juice himself, might explain the reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

2 comments
    first one - i think that this thread might be more useful - if it lists the flavours that all the non-vapors (still smokers) seem to like - you know all the people around us that take a puff to see whether or not its for them or not. I don't think it serves any useful purpose if it just becomes a clone of the one on eliquid reviews. It's the starter ejuices that i was thinking of.

secondly I reckon Grindle is right - people should be allowed criticise (perhaps unfairly) an ejuice if they don't like it - the market is pretty much unregulated - except by consumers - in the case above it sounds like jean jeani is an exception in not liking those ones - however its better that some decent ejuices might get slandered once in a while than something noxious being allowed sit on the market - otherwise we will all get poisoned :-)

Okay, juices and flavours that people I know who either don't or have just started to vape have most liked:

Swedish Fish
    Vanilla Custard Select
    Mountain Dew
    Strawberry Lemonade

Decidedly untobacco-y, but most first-timers find the tobaccos a little strong or something or are surprised that they don't taste of on-fire-ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Right i,ve been trying differant juices especially looking for a more tobacco type flavour and tried puro which was really nice but as time went on the after taste was more sweet and started to feel the stomach turn.Tried the ry4 and turned off by the sweet tinge that you also get with it so basicly is there any tobaccowy type out there without the undertone so i could smoke that through the day and have that bit of sweetness to break the boredom from time to time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

damon5 wrote: »
    Right i,ve been trying differant juices especially looking for a more tobacco type flavour and tried puro which was really nice but as time went on the after taste was more sweet and started to feel the stomach turn.Tried the ry4 and turned off by the sweet tinge that you also get with it so basicly is there any tobaccowy type out there without the undertone so i could smoke that through the day and have that bit of sweetness to break the boredom from time to time :(
    Have you tried usa mix, been my all day vape for 14 months.
    Its a slightly sweet tobacco taste with a hint of vanilla, thats what I get of it anyhow!

• Advertisement

The only thing I know of that's available to combat sweetness is called Bitter Wizard by FlavourArt. I think liberty-flights.co.uk have it.
    It's extremely bitter, naturally, and should be used verrrry verrrrry sparingly.
    Juices high in PG are much less sweet, so you could try to find a good tobacco in 100%PG or 80/20 PG/VG. Ezsmoke.ie do have a really nice tobacco that's 80/20 called 1st Choice, but it's a Virginian Tobacco - a naturally sweet tobacco. Not as sweet as the El Toro juices though.

Your taste buds must be very sensitive to sweetness! Coffee black, no sugar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's ezsmoke, not the bestshop

that's ezsmoke, not the bestshop

Yeah, that's what I said... Can't you read or something?

DON'T YOU DARE SAY I EDITED THAT. A boards glitch... something...hmmph.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I don't have as much experience as the above posters but when I first tried the ecig, I started with the disposable menthol, because my Long Suffering Husband was still smoking, I found it too easy to just nick that one or two ciggies from him, however, this month he decided to try giving up using the ecig himself, so now we are both definitely cigarette free.

We got the EgoT v3, he has one ecig and I have the other. Anyway he wanted something that tasted like the cigarettes he used to smoke so he got wicked tobacco fire and I got menthol and frost of the same make (I use 1ml menthol to .6ml frost, it has a lovely cooling sensation on the mouth).

To anyone out there starting off, your taste will change very quickly, so I would advise getting a flavour you think you would like because for some the taste of tobacco may wear off quickly.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Have you tried usa mix, been my all day vape for 14 months.
    Its a slightly sweet tobacco taste with a hint of vanilla, thats what I get of it anyhow!

Hav,nt tried the usa mix but when your saying it has a sweet tobacco taste with a hint of vanilla its similar to what i,m wanting to avoid.The same as the RY4 i,ve tried and also others have said that it has that sweetness in it too.
    Seen a couple the HS 555 highway tobacco that states it has a popular and consistant tobacco flavour.......saying nothing about sweetness :)
    HS tab blended,.......supposed to be like turkish with a sweetness.
    HS french pipe,extremely strong tobacco flavour.....if too strong i could mix in something,say HS coffee :)
    Ah Mr Chrome i just came across the HS usa mix and with only 1 out of 6 reviews mentioning a sweetness i,d say this could be definatly one to try.what is the brand that you use,thanks.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    The only thing I know of that's available to combat sweetness is called Bitter Wizard by FlavourArt. I think liberty-flights.co.uk have it.
    It's extremely bitter, naturally, and should be used verrrry verrrrry sparingly.
    Juices high in PG are much less sweet, so you could try to find a good tobacco in 100%PG or 80/20 PG/VG. Ezsmoke.ie do have a really nice tobacco that's 80/20 called 1st Choice, but it's a Virginian Tobacco - a naturally sweet tobacco. Not as sweet as the El Toro juices though.

Your taste buds must be very sensitive to sweetness! Coffee black, no sugar?

Just replied to Mr Chromes post with a few i was thinking of but looking for others imput too before ordering,interesting comment about Bitter wizard i must look into that if all else fails.The juices i,ve tried are PG80-VG20 and regarding sensitive to sweetness i,m a bitch at times for chocolate but the darker tasting bournville would be my favourite over milk chocolate.
    Coffee with a dop of milk,definatly NO sugar,if you tried to stir it after with a spoon that had just stirred a cup of coffee or tea that has suger in it i would know for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since my starter kit (the eGo Twist) arrived, and I started vaping 'properly' as opposed to using disposable e-cigs. I can confirm that tastes change very quickly! The first week I was enjoying Winguts RY4-A and Honey Wood, mostly - both tobacco-type flavours, the Honey Wood being sweeter. This week, I'm finding I prefer more 'dessert' type flavours, Mirage Cappuccino, Wingnuts Select Vanilla Custard and Chocolate Donut, which taste nothing like tobacco. I'm also thinking about dropping the nicotine content down from 18/20 mg to about 12 - mainly because I want to vape more, 'cos I'm enjoying the taste(s), and I've not had a single nicotine crave since I started this, so it'd be interesting to see how low I can go before I start to get a bit twitchy. I was previously a 30 a day smoker of tailor mades. I'm saving a blinkin' fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Hav,nt tried the usa mix but when your saying it has a sweet tobacco taste with a hint of vanilla its similar to what i,m wanting to avoid.The same as the RY4 i,ve tried and also others have said that it has that sweetness in it too.
    Seen a couple the HS 555 highway tobacco that states it has a popular and consistant tobacco flavour.......saying nothing about sweetness :)
    HS french pipe,extremely strong tobacco flavour.....if too strong i could mix in something,say HS coffee :)
    Ah Mr Chrome i just came across the HS usa mix and with only 1 out of 6 reviews mentioning a sweetness i,d say this could be definatly one to try.what is the brand that you use,thanks.

Here's a strange thing - I find usa mix 12 mg too sweet - however I can happily vape it at 18mg no problems - so if you find it too sweet - it might be worth trying it in a stronger version.

The other thing is the TEF liquids are worth trying.
    I find them too flavoured on their own - however not sweet at all really - and great to mix things up.

At the moment I have honeywood (wingnuts) and amon ra (TEF) mixed in together !

http://e-cigshop.eu/e-Liquid-for-electronic-cigarettes

Here's a strange thing - I find usa mix 12 mg too sweet - however I can happily vape it at 18mg no problems - so if you find it too sweet - it might be worth trying it in a stronger version.

The other thing is the TEF liquids are worth trying.
    I find them too flavoured on their own - however not sweet at all really - and great to mix things up.

At the moment I have honeywood (wingnuts) and amon ra (TEF) mixed in together !

http://e-cigshop.eu/e-Liquid-for-electronic-cigarettes[/QUOTE]

Was that a HS usa mix by any chance or have you tried any of the other HS ones that i mentioned and while i,m at it what do you think of the HS types.With the chance of getting it at 100mls is a very good price when my budgets near ran out and funnily enough i,m trying out some HS cherry and cigar and not feeling that too bad at all except the bloody imist tank cartridge keeps flooding the atomizer,tank :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jeanjeani

grindle wrote: »
    The last few posts read like you've got multiple personality disorder, jeanjeani - you've even quoted your own post and seemed to argue with it! :D

But yeah, you've got a right to say what you want, it wasn't slanderous.
    Probably felt personal if he makes the juice himself, might explain the reaction.
    Sry if it sounded that way, he just made me sooo mad I couldnt think straight. I have been vaping since before christmas.. And his is the only juice that i tried one time and still have the 2 full bottles.. and since then Ive gone through all of the other stuff and I order every week. He just made me sooo Mad.:mad:

Sorry about the delay getting back to you, I find usa mix a tiny bit sweet but not as sweet as most. When I started vaping I really struggled trying to find a flavour I liked, I couldnt find one that I could continuously vape without getting sick of it, then I came across dekang usa mix (malboro) and it worked for me, I use 11mg but I started on 18mg, have tried hangsen usa mix but I didnt like it.
    Think Im kinda rare in the world of vaping in that I dont change flavours at all. Have tried tons of different flavours but none seem to hit the spot like usa mix. Think its kinda like when I smoked, I smoked 1 brand and stuck to it, didnt like smoking any other brand. And if anyone offered me , say a strawberry flavoured fag, I would have politely told them to keep it!
    I know most people here will think I should open mind to new flavours, but I have tried alot and usa works for me.
    Another consideration for me is price, dekang is cheap and cheerful. I go through 50ml a week so I couldnt afford the fancy stuff. Maybe when i start making my own this might all change but until then.....
    Was going to recommend you get a 10ml bottle to try out but the best shop (they call it standard liquid) but they are sold out of 10ml and 30ml bottles, ESI only sell 50ml bottles, dont know anyone else that sells it here.

Sorry about the delay getting back to you, I find usa mix a tiny bit sweet but not as sweet as most. When I started vaping I really struggled trying to find a flavour I liked, I couldnt find one that I could continuously vape without getting sick of it, then I came across dekang usa mix (malboro) and it worked for me, I use 11mg but I started on 18mg, have tried hangsen usa mix but I didnt like it.
    Think Im kinda rare in the world of vaping in that I dont change flavours at all. Have tried tons of different flavours but none seem to hit the spot like usa mix. Think its kinda like when I smoked, I smoked 1 brand and stuck to it, didnt like smoking any other brand. And if anyone offered me , say a strawberry flavoured fag, I would have politely told them to keep it!
    I know most people here will think I should open mind to new flavours, but I have tried alot and usa works for me.
    Another consideration for me is price, dekang is cheap and cheerful. I go through 50ml a week so I couldnt afford the fancy stuff. Maybe when i start making my own this might all change but until then.....
    Was going to recommend you get a 10ml bottle to try out but the best shop (they call it standard liquid) but they are sold out of 10ml and 30ml bottles, ESI only sell 50ml bottles, dont know anyone else that sells it here.

No worries,could nearlly just duplicate your reply and post it back to you practicaly word for word.Like you i,m really just looking for a tobaccowy flavour type one to daily vape and just have a tester every now and again.Going through a lot of juice trying to figure what is what but i know when i find THE ONE that gives that throat hit too that i,ll be able to chill back and just toke without going through this stress:)

What was it you didnt like about the Hansen usa out of curiosity ? read the reviews on BV as it being smooth and not too sweet......
    Tobacco taste with throat hit, good for use after recently quit smoking......
    musky,strong,rather peaty taste with a very pronounced tobacco taste,very distinctive.............

Its been a long time since I tried the hansgen usa mix, but I think it was kinda chemically! But each to their own, everyones taste is different, you might love it!
    Example: I heard great things about ry4, thought it would suit me down to the ground, bought 50mls, tried it and it nearly made me sick, reminded me of washing up liquid!!!

Its been a long time since I tried the hansgen usa mix, but I think it was kinda chemically! But each to their own, everyones taste is different, you might love it!
    Example: I heard great things about ry4, thought it would suit me down to the ground, bought 50mls, tried it and it nearly made me sick, reminded me of washing up liquid!!!

Found i was,nt into the RY4 with the sweet taste so think i will give the HS usa a try and hopefull it,ll work out alright,especially at the price :)

I might actually give the hs usa another try, everytime I checked the bv 100ml sale usa mix was always sold out, now its in stock.
    Im sure if I use it enough I will get to like it, at those prices its almost as cheap as DIY!

• Advertisement

2 comments
    first one - i think that this thread might be more useful - if it lists the flavours that all the non-vapors (still smokers) seem to like - you know all the people around us that take a puff to see whether or not its for them or not. I don't think it serves any useful purpose if it just becomes a clone of the one on eliquid reviews. It's the starter ejuices that i was thinking of.

secondly I reckon Grindle is right - people should be allowed criticise (perhaps unfairly) an ejuice if they don't like it - the market is pretty much unregulated - except by consumers - in the case above it sounds like jean jeani is an exception in not liking those ones - however its better that some decent ejuices might get slandered once in a while than something noxious being allowed sit on the market - otherwise we will all get poisoned :-)
    Thank you everyone is entitled to there opinion. ;)

I have tried the USA mix from liqua and I must say it is very good and tastes like a real cig. Kind of a marlboro.

I might actually give the hs usa another try, everytime I checked the bv 100ml sale usa mix was always sold out, now its in stock.
    Im sure if I use it enough I will get to like it, at those prices its almost as cheap as DIY!

Strange because i tried that site a couple of times today and just now and it still shows its out of stock ...

jeanjeani wrote: »
    I have tried the USA mix from liqua and I must say it is very good and tastes like a real cig. Kind of a marlboro.

Aaaaaaagh,hate marlboro :)

Aaaaaaagh,hate marlboro :)
    Thats what its called: usa mix, malboro, I used to smoke malboro lights before I quit but trust me it doesnt taste anything like malboro.
    When i started vaping I was trying to get a flavour as close to fags as I could, tried silk cut, b+h, etc. and they all tasted foul to me, nothing like a real fag, but usa mix is the closest I have found to the real thing.

Strange because i tried that site a couple of times today and just now and it still shows its out of stock ...
    Just checked the site there and it seems to be available in all strengths, was able to add them all to my cart, are we both talking about bargain vapour here?

Just checked the site there and it seems to be available in all strengths, was able to add them all to my cart, are we both talking about bargain vapour here?

http://www.bargainvapour.com/index.aspx?pageid=1274295&action=add&prodid=7912758 tuesday 8.58am still the same for me,strange :eek:

18 and 24mg are coming out OOS for me too but the 12 works

18 and 24mg are coming out OOS for me too but the 12 works

Tried the 24 first and then tried the 18 thinking that may be in stock but nada,forgot to try the 12 because i need it twice as strong :)

• Advertisement

you could order 36 and 12 and mix them together to make 24 :)

Advertisement